What about the sugar?

Options
morefitmom
morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
Hey my super motivating and exciting group members!! I have a question..As I know from reading the message boards in the past, this can be a very heated (lol) topic. I don't really post on the regular message board for that reason. Anywho...Some feel that regardless of whether it is natural sugar or added sugar then it affects your mid section all the same. What is your experience?? Do you feel natural sugar also bloats you??

I like fruit and I eat a good portion but along with plenty of veggies and lean meats though..Wondering if it will work against my "Kill the Belly Bulge Mission."

Thanks for your opinions! I appreciate the insight.

Falicia

Replies

• KAY1BELLE
    KAY1BELLE Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body.. On weight watchers the goal is to eat mostly fruit/veggies to promote weight loss. I think that you should check into how much sugar is in certain fruits and choose to eat those earlier during the day if that is a concern to you.. But certain I think the sugar from fruit is still better than consuming a starchy carb and retaining that glucose.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Excellent topic Challenger.....

I am not an expert on this topic but I love fruits myself...I have a friend that does competition and her trainer wants her to avoid all of them...and once she was in training for it and stop eating them her stomach was smaller and abs start to form.... I don't show alog of my sugar but I have limitted my fruit to early morning.... She says sugar holds fat...Not sure if true justed to give that view of things....
  • jassyjan1
    jassyjan1 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the insight ladies!! and jassyjan I will read that article right now.
  • justthick
    justthick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have read that sugar reacts with the insulin in your body and it makes you gain weight. It all depends on your body. I do not have sugar. I try not to have abything with (Sugarfree) stuff because itplays with the mind and the body process it similar I have read. I use honey or fruit. If I get something sweet it will be a Dreyer's fruit bar. Each person is different.