Fish Tacos! Recipes please?!?

Options
Doberdawn
Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
I've tried them. I loved them. Now I want to make them.

I eat gluten free (no wheat, barley, rye, or triticale), so recipes without those ingredients will be especially appreciated.

What kinds of fish do you use? How do you prepare it? Seasoning?

I had the yummy ones at the Cheesecake Factory... Seemed to be made with avocados & were so delicious.

Replies

• Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Why i looked at it and thought "there is sexual innuendo in here, i swear there is".
    To be somewhat usefull : my friend who does fish tacos grills the fish, names of seasoning might be a problem cos I dont remember the translation >.> Lime, garlic and cumin is defenitely included.
    She uses cod if i remember correctly , cant help with the taco itself, since i dont even know gluten free alternative to that.
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Awesome loss btw...

For the shells, I'll use corn tortillas to avoid wheat. What did she put in taco with the fish? Filling?
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you :) , and she stuffed it with cabbage and paprica and i think guacamole, cos i swear i detected hint of avocado. Wasnt crazy fond of that cabbage taste myself,
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    my fish tacos not sure if it matches all your restrictions though

4 oz tilipia, 1 scallion, 1/2 small tomato, 1 seeded jalapeno, cilantro to taste, I squeeze lemon or lime on the fish while cooking and put pepper on it. Cook the fish in the frying pan first then chop it up add other ingredients, heat through put on tortilla top with avocado. I heat the tortilla up with some cheese on it so it melts , squeeze more lime over everything.

I love it! and very low in calories!
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Thank you. Sounds pretty easy.
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Maria Emmerich (www.Mariahealthblog.com) has a gluten free recipe for Tortillas, it's in pinterest too. I like Mahi Mahi or Tilapia. I prepare my own salsa (w/chopped, fresh, lightly salted, raw tomatoes, chopped, raw red onions, crushed or minced (I prefer) fresh garlic (or jarred), grated/minced jalepeno, chopped, fresh cilantro & a squeeze of lime juice or vinegar), thinly shaved cabbage & homemade guacomole or sliced avocado. I use parmesan as breading for the Tilapia & pan fry in olive or coconut oil. I also will sometimes use Litehouse Jalepeno ranch dressing (mixed w/vinegar to thin it out) to add more flavor. Celtic sea salt, black pepper & garlic powder. Mahi Mahi just gets seasoned & pan seared, no parm.
  • 71lulu
    71lulu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Mmm this sounds really tasty and a must try!! I'm a big fan of fish tacos baja style but of course those are batter dipped and fried so I'm willing to try new recipes. Thanks!!
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Maria Emmerich (www.Mariahealthblog.com) has a gluten free recipe for Tortillas, it's in pinterest too. I like Mahi Mahi or Tilapia. I prepare my own salsa (w/chopped, fresh, lightly salted, raw tomatoes, chopped, raw red onions, crushed or minced (I prefer) fresh garlic (or jarred), grated/minced jalepeno, chopped, fresh cilantro & a squeeze of lime juice or vinegar), thinly shaved cabbage & homemade guacomole or sliced avocado. I use parmesan as breading for the Tilapia & pan fry in olive or coconut oil. I also will sometimes use Litehouse Jalepeno ranch dressing (mixed w/vinegar to thin it out) to add more flavor. Celtic sea salt, black pepper & garlic powder. Mahi Mahi just gets seasoned & pan seared, no parm.

The salsa recipe in here was great on salmon BTW. Not a fish taco, but I made salmon with taco seasoning and topped it with fresh salsa and was totally delish. Normally I hate cilantro, but it was good in salsa for fish.
  • dorselfin
    Options
    Mmm this sounds really tasty and a must try!! I'm a big fan of fish tacos baja style but of course those are batter dipped and fried so I'm willing to try new recipes. Thanks!!

Baha style doesn't always mean deep fried. Baha is the sauce they put on it and the cabbage they stuff it with. I'll look at the recipe I have for an actually really good homemade Baha sauce. It makes a good amount and I freeze the leftover bc my family liked it so much.
  • Doberdawn
    Options

Baha style doesn't always mean deep fried. Baha is the sauce they put on it and the cabbage they stuff it with. I'll look at the recipe I have for an actually really good homemade Baha sauce. It makes a good amount and I freeze the leftover bc my family liked it so much.

*waiting patiently*
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    bump