Nothing Fits!!!

Options
woodml1
woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
Hi Ladies! (And guys too!)

I'm having a problem. 22 pounds into the cut for my first show and nothing fits anymore! My old clothes are falling off. When I shop for new clothes, things are too loose in the waist and too tight in the thighs and upper arms. Admittedtly, it's a great problem to have!

So my question is... what clothing brands or retailers have y'all found that fit a fit physique?

Thanks!

Replies

• arianamari3
    arianamari3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is such a great feeling! When I did my contest prep this past Fall, I had a lot of trouble. I'm not sure what brands to go for, but some basic tips: Don't go out and buy a bunch of nice clothes for your competition body. It's exciting because we look good in EVERYTHING, but those will only fit for the weeks before and after the actual show. I work at a gym, so I get to wear yoga/stretch pants a lot. For cute clothes for going out, I stuck to dresses. My waist has stayed pretty much the same size, and its great for when legs and butt change so much. I did have to buy another bra for close to competition time because my girls shrunk so much :ohwell: If you're a jeans lover, get at least one good pair for contest time. Hope this helps! And enjoy your body!
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! Dresses are a great idea and super-easy: effortless chic!

I'm still about 5 weeks out so if I'm going to get clothes... I want it to be now and not too close to the show because I know I won't maintain that weight. I had maintained this weight for years before a divorce and a move to a food-centric city (Houston, TX... I think we're the #3 fattest city in the nation and I understand why!). I feel pretty good about maintaining close to where I am now.