CTS CHALLENGE: Mar 22-Long Cardio Day

Options
jesindc
jesindc Posts: 724 Member
Friday, March 22: Long Cardio Day

The type of cardio you do today is up to you, but we want you to get your heart-rate up for at least 45 minutes – If you can do 60, even better.

Suggestions: (Jogging, swimming, power-walking, aerobics, bike riding, etc…)
Here are some video recommendations if you’re need a little inspiration:
50 Minute Zumba: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgbBdS9W54
45 Minute Taebo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La14c-9TAe8

Let us know if you are in, and come back at the end of the day and let us know what you’ve done.

**Tips for the day:
1) Try to drink 8 glasses of water a day.

2) Try to stand more. You burn more calories when you are standing verses sitting. As simple as it sounds, it’s hard to motivate yourself to do it. When you are watching TV or talking on the phone, try to remind yourself to stand up (even if it’s just for a few minutes). Time yourself if you think of it, and come back and brag out it!

3) Motivate each other! I have a few pals who will “raise” me an exercise every few days (i.e. “I see your exercise plan and I raise you 50 jumping jacks!” I think it’s fun and I’d like to encourage you to “raise” us.

4) If you haven’t already worked out a menu plan for next week, get crackin! :)

Replies

• pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then, let's do it. :wink:
  • reese307
    reese307 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Im down! 45 minutes cardio is gonna be an eye opener for sure! woohoo im ready!
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    you are amazing! Love you!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Need a minimum of a 8km run in the morning for my miles challenge so that will be my long cardio plan.
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I will be getting my carido in with BL cardio max. It will last around an hour. :)
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I will be doing C25K and some workout dvd's, probably my dance & toning dvd's.

Also, I'm leaving around 4 am Saturday morning and won't be back home till very late Sunday night. My windows phone app does not have access to friends, newsfeed, groups or anything. All I can do is log my food and exercise so I will be out of touch till I get home except for logging my food.
  • s041605
    s041605 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in I'll jog for that time
  • daisybelle88
    daisybelle88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im going to do a 45min walk at lunch and then that zumba video when I get in from work :smile:
  • Bubble105
    Bubble105 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I'll have to look at both the videos then decide which one to do :D Excited already!
  • jesindc
    jesindc Posts: 724 Member
    Options

Also, I'm leaving around 4 am Saturday morning and won't be back home till very late Sunday night. My windows phone app does not have access to friends, newsfeed, groups or anything. All I can do is log my food and exercise so I will be out of touch till I get home except for logging my food.

Sunday is a rest day. I'll copy Saturday into a comment on the news feed so in can be seen on phone apps. Although it sounds like you're going to have a long day... So no pressure :)
  • sac4fd
    sac4fd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in, I'm going to go running for 45 mins:)
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Fell just shy of my planned 8km and did a 50 min slow run before work (ready for the snow and ice to be gone so we can pick up the pace).

Have a great Friday everyone!
  • pjgreen0830
    pjgreen0830 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then, let's do it. :wink:

I rode the stationary bike for my cardio this morning, after which I walked briskly on the treadmill to warm up for my class.
  • Tuten210
    Tuten210 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'll get my workout in this afternoon and will post once I've finished! Thanks for keeping us motivated :)
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did 20 minutes of triceps, legs and abs this morning. Will do another 10 minutes at the gym on my lunch today plus I will up my 40min cardio workout (stationary bike - 1min at level 1, 1min at level 10) to 45min.

We got this ladies!!
  • AGirlandHerFrenchie
    AGirlandHerFrenchie Posts: 448 Member
    Options

I wish the app was better - I can access mail, friends and the news feeds but I wish we could access the groups/message boards.
  • sky15425
    sky15425 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    50 minute treadmill hill intervals (3.2 miles)
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have two mini challenges that I am doing. I'm also going to be doing a Vinyasa Yoga DVD tonight when I get home from work. Then I was think about a light Wii jog (still too snowy to do any real outside stuff...)
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    I am in. I will be with my puppy this weekend so I will take him for a nice long walk on the Seawall tonight.
  • justkate88
    Options
    50 minutes of low-impact circuits (low impact because of my knee!)