INTRODUCTIONS

Options
This is the thread to say hello and tell us a little bit about yourself. Some stuff you can include:

Height
BW (beginning weight - weight at the beginning/highest weight)
SW (starting weight - weight when you joined the group)
Goal Weight
Beginning measurements/stats
Plus, you can share a little about yourself - family, kids, job, favorite book, most loved/hated exercise, favorite Doctor Who, etc. :wink:

Replies

• Viola47
    Viola47 Posts: 121
    Options
    Height: 5'4"
    BW: 239
    GW: 135
    The Doctor: David Tennant

I've had an issue with my weight since the age of 5 or so. I lost somewhere between 60 to 80 pounds (I didn't weigh myself at my previous highest weight) when I was 21, and I managed to gain it back over the past 6 years. :/ I joined a gym in January, and have been working out regularly. I've lost inches but only 6 pounds, and I've been stuck for the past 3 or 4 weeks! Then I sprained my ankle and fell of the exercise wagon... this is me trying to get back on track. :)

I started this group with my Pkeenan1229 (the most awesomest cousin ever) because I need to be accountable to something/someone, and I need to be motivated. Hopefully it'll be fun. :happy:
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Height - 5'6"
    Age - 39
    BW (beginning weight - weight at the beginning/highest weight) - 216
    SW (starting weight - weight when you joined the group) 169.6
    Goal Weight - 135-ish
    Chest - 42"
    Waist - 33"
    Hips - 43.5"
    Thigh - 26"
    Upper Arm - 13.25"

Let's see... I'm single and live in downtown Seattle. Last year was kind of a crappy year for me, so I'm trying to make this one better, or at least healthier, lol. I like sports - especially when I can go to the games, hanging out with my friends and family, playing tourist, photography.
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the invite! I am going to give this group a good, hardy try. I am already involved in three other challenges (The monthly challenges that I do are quite difficult). So I hope I can squeeze yours in as well.

Name: Julie (nickname is Spike from playing Volleyball in Army basic training).
    Height: 5'10 (although I used to be 5'11 as a teenager).
    BW: 322 pounds (January 2012)
    SW/CW: 248 pounds (currently in a stall :(
    GW: 157 (what I weighed as a teen and in the Army (which was really great shape)
    Beginning measurements (January 2012):
    *Hips 60"
    *Waist 54"
    * Chest 42"
    *neck 16.5"
    *Thighs: 35.5 L /35 R
    *Arms 19 L / 18.5 R

A little about me: I wasn't ever overweight growing up and never understood (as a kid) why people would let themselves get "fat" (ironic huh?). I started to gain after each kid was born and then I quit playing sports and my metabolism couldn't keep up with the Little Debbies, Doritos, alcohol and fast food that I survived my teenage and young adult life on and started to get fatter and fatter due to the metabolism change from having babies and the lack of exercise. I quit smoking a few times (the final time is summer of 2007) and that certianly didn't help my weight gaining problem any. Needless to say I still eat the junk food (although not as much now as back them) but I don't smoke anymore and I don't drink alcohol anymore.

I have been married to my hubby for 17 years this Arpril and we have a son together that will be 15 in June. I also have a son that will be 22 in June.

I work as an Executive Vice President and Chief Safety Compliance Officer for a trucking company in the midwest. I try to work out of the house a couple of times a week---which is great. My job does require some travel and a lot of eating out for business lunches/dinners/breakfasts (where I usually just pick at my food and bring the rest back for my hubby to eat) and then I eat the food that I took to work with me from home when I get back to the office. Strange I know, but eating like that everyday is what helped in causing me to be so big in the first place. My husband is also an exec (President and CEO) in the trucking industry (which is how we met back in the day). He is a also a Part time deputy sheriff (which he considers as one of his hobbies). He was also a part time deputy U.S. Marshall until recently but he had to give that up as work was requiring him to travel more frequently.

I love animals and currently have two dogs, a bearded dragon, a snail and fish (used to also have rabbits). I used to volunteer at our local county humane society but just haven't really had the time to go over the past year or so, but I would like to get back to that (even if I can only give them a couple of hours on the weekends as I really miss it). I am an acitive member of a charity that we started for my little brother (PFC Kevin C. Ott) who was killed in Iraq in June 2003. We give college scholarships to deserving youths from the high school that we graduated from. My husband and I are also active in a personal charity (no other donors besides us and my parents) where we purchase Christmas gifts for children in orphanage situations and in no/low income families through local job and family services in our county, the county my parents live in a the county my husband is a deputy sheriff in (we rotate between the counties every year). We usually do 200-250 kids each Christmas.

I love to watch and play sports (although I have gotten too big to play a lot of them anymore and can't wait until I can play them again). I am a HUGE Michigan Wolverines football fan (although my house also has Ohio State and Florida fans so it is always a rivalry)!!!!!

My biggest hobbies are working brain teaser type puzzles, different type of poker and playing Blackjack (I have actually considered going pro at it and retiring early...like maybe in 10 years of so). I also collect Dreamsicles (cast art figurines) and I currently have about 600 of them. I have about another 300 or so on my wish list but they have been retired for 7 years now so it is very hard to find the rare pieces that I don't currently have.

I don't like to excercise (although I do get it in every day) because I don't like to sweat. I am enjoying step aerobics the most and what I dislike the most are exercises that cause me to have to get down on the floor (have no cartlidge in my right knee so I can't get down on it and quite frankly lying on the floor kills my back (I think it is because my table/bubble butt). Until last month, I was boxing but I kind of got burnt out on it and need to get my butt back into it again. I also play Competitive table tennis (amateur not pro) so I practice at home as much as possible for matches and tournaments. I love how faced paced it is but hate how easy it is to twist a knee or ankle. My 14 year old is really getting good and I would love to see him start winning some state and eventually country/international championships (he just won't enter them). I would love to see him in the Olympics in a few years but that can't happen if he doesn't compete on these levels ( I guess that is my dream for him and not his).
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Oops, computer glitch caused it to post twice :)
  • LoonyR
    LoonyR Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    height- 5'7"
    Age - 42
    BW- 280 lbs
    SW - 236 lbs
    Goal weight - 165 lbs

So, I have had weight issues all my life...have been a habitual yo-yo. Have had short term success with many diets but non that lasted until I found a plan that worked for me. I lost 70 lbs 5 years ago following the same plan I am on now but I threw it all away when my oldest daughter was diagnosed with cancer...I used it as an excuse to go back to my horrible eating habits, after all, who wouldn't understand in those circumstances?? I learned the hard way that using stress as an excuse to quit trying was a cop-out... giving up on myself didn't help either my daughter or myself and it has taken me over 5 years to get up the motivation to attack the problem again. No giving up this time....NO excuse is good enough to do that to myself again.
  • ricochette55
    ricochette55 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting this group...it's my first group ever, and I'm so pumped up :)

Height: 5'6"
    Age 31
    BW 150.5
    SW 146.4
    GW 135

Beginning measurements:
    Chest 38.8"
    Waist 31.3"
    Hips 40.3"
    Thigh 24.3"
    Upper Arm 11.8"

I'm a stay-at-home, work-from-home mom with a 3-year old little boy. Live in a tiny little town. My husband works crazy shift work (some 12-hr day shifts, some 12-hr night shifts) so we have a pretty flexible, unreliable schedule. I do great (eating-wise, working out, going to bed early) when he's working midnights and not so great when he's on his 7-days off. I'm trying to get better at self-control though. I've never had a flat tummy, and I'd love to know what that feels like :)
  • casherrill76
    casherrill76 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"
    BW: 195
    SW: 188.2
    Goal Weight: 140

Beginning measurements:
    Neck- 15
    Shoulders- 45.5
    Chest: 41.5
    Waist- 42.5
    Hips- 43.5
    Thighs- 21.5 (r) 21.5 (l)
    Calves- 14.25 (r) 14.5 (l)
    Arms- 13 (r) 13.25 (l)

My name is Courtney. I have struggled with weight my entire life. My second daughter was born 9/09 and I gained 45lbs...I have never lost it. I decided I was done with the excuses and ready to get back in shape. My goals are 10lbs at a time. I need small numbers or I get discouraged. This group is perfect...it will help hold me accountable and we can offer support to each other....
  • AdrienneRenae83
    AdrienneRenae83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3''
    BW: 179
    SW when I joined group: 169
    Goal Weight: 120

My name is Adrienne and I've been on MFP since December. I have lost 10 lbs so far!!! I have fallen in love with Healthy Choice meals and have them every day for lunch at work. They are delicious! I feel more motivated to lose weight now that I have seen the fruits of my labor. I have gone down 1 pants size and currently working on the 2nd. Woohoo!!! I have more energy during the day and I feel great! My ultimate weight goal is 120 lbs, but I'm breaking it up into smaller goals. My current goal right now is 159, which would put me at 20 lbs lost.

I am happily married and have two handsome sons (9 and 6). They are my world and are a big reason I am so motivated to get healthy. I want them to have good eating habits and exercise often. Childhood obesity is on the rise in America and I do NOT want my boys to be included in the epidemic.
  • Pkeenan1229
    Pkeenan1229 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to start this! Viola47 keeps me motivated in real life. She convinced me to join mfp and always is there for me. She's the best, you guys will learn that very quickly :-)

Height- 5'2"
    Age-27
    BW (beginning weight - weight at the beginning/highest weight) -173
    SW (starting weight - weight when you joined the group) -165
    Goal Weight - 115/120/whenever I can wear a bikini
    Beginning measurements/stats - tbt - ill get back to you on this!
    Favorite Doctor: Matt Smith, by a hair. Favorite Companion? Definitely Souffle Girl already!

I'm 27 and have always been chubby and have always played sports. I live in upstate NY with my boyfriend, two cats, and yellow lab. I finally have a desk job and consistent schedule, after close to 5 years of crazy hours and on call jobs. There's no excuses, I am the one responsible for myself! Time to focus and do this! Feel free to add me if you're in this group, I love to keep people motivated and appreciate the motivation and encouragement from others. I really think that's the difference for me. This group, and a little extra Jillian butt kicking, is going to be the final change I need!
  • Michelleladder
    Michelleladder Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'7
    BW (beginning weight - weight at the beginning/highest weight): 251 in January 2012, 318 in May 2010.
    SW (starting weight - weight when you joined the group): 230.8
    Goal Weight: 180
    Beginning measurements/stats: None :( I wish I had though!

Well, I've always been "big" but because of my frame I was always told that I "carried it well". A few years ago, in 2008, I had enough of carrying it at all! I went the very unhealthy route to lose weight but lost about 50lbs. At that point I weighed in at 250, so I was down to around 200 when I met my son's dad. Well...I made some bad decisions and found out I was pregnant a few months later. When I went into the doctor to confirm my pregnancy I weighed in at 220. Through the course of the "pregnancy from hell" I gained 98 pounds. When I went to be induced I weighed in at 318. I plateaued at about 270 for a while, then lost another twenty pounds when I left my son's dad in 2011. Since then I've been around the 250 range and back to "carrying my weight well". This January I decided that was enough! So...here I am! 9 weeks in and 20 pounds gone! I want to stay motivated so that I can get down to my goal weight, no matter how long it takes.

I have a high energy almost 3 year old boy that is my main motivation and reason for getting healthy. I want to be able to run with him, not sit on the couch because I've lost my breath after a minute. I'm ready to fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes! I am almost there, and only a little over ten pounds left to lose of the 98 pounds I gained while pregnant! Wahooooo!!!!
  • akjellin
    akjellin Posts: 30
    Options
    Height: 5'2
    BW: 170
    SW: 168
    Goal weight: 125~130

Beginning measurements:
    Waist: 36
    Hips: 36
    Chest: 36
    I didn't do the other measurements sorry

Well, I am so glad you made this group! When I was younger I was really small. BUT, when I turned 23 my thyroid went crazy and so did my weight. I started this year working out at the gym, 5 days a week. I haven't lost a lot of weight but am losing inches. I am happy married to the love of my life and we have to boys. We are trying for a 3rd :-) I live in freezing cold Michigan, lol, but was raised in Phoenix,Arizona. I can't wait to have fun and lose weight with you all
  • manda_panda0238
    manda_panda0238 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amanda here... new to the boards... love the idea of this group and hope to keep up with lots of posts :)
    HIGHEST wt was 275 - uncomforable in my own skin. Lost 40# and had a baby... hes 16 months now and im still big at 252... not proud but getting there...
    recommitted on feb 2 nd and have actually stuck with it more consistantly than ever... trying new things and trying to pull my god in to. Hope everyone enjoys this group. Oh my goal for now is 195. Then a healthy happy exercising not gaining after birth pregancy !!! We will see what gods plan is though ;)
  • sweetysmum
    sweetysmum Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Height: 169cm
    BW: 125kg
    SW: 109kg
    Goal weight: 80kg

I will be back when I convert my measurements. Im an aussie so use different measurement.

Hi all, not much to tell. Started this journey 12 months ago, but really got stuck into it around 6 months ago. I was always a chunky kid, it hit mostly when I started High School.
  • tosha_e_1
    tosha_e_1 Posts: 19
    Options
    Height 5'2"
    Age 31
    BW 207.2
    SW 207.2
    Goal Weight 145 ish
    Beginning measurements/stats dont measure
    Plus, you can share a little about yourself - I am a homeschool mom to 4 AWESOME kids, ages 10 months, 5-1/2, 7-1/2 and 12-1/2. I have tracked calories before I got pregnant last and lost nearly 40lbs. I am still not to to my pre-pregnancy weight. I am struggling to find the Mommy time that I once had established, before my last baby. I have to get back into it. I am a Christian Mommy/Wife. God comes first in all things, and I depend on Him above all. But I am very interested in meeting weightloss friends and getting/giving support :) I am ADDICTED to sugar (seriously), I love Army Wives (along with a cpl of other shows), and in the midst of these next few weeks I have sold my house, bought another and will be moving lol
  • Dulcefresh
    Dulcefresh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    5"4
    BW 280
    SW 256.8
    Goal Weight 130
    Neck- 14
    bust-45
    waist-44
    hips-49
    thigh-27
    arm-14

My name is Kandi and im 28 years old. Im married and looking to lose weight so me and my husband can start a family. I wasnt always overweight. I started gaining weight after 3 or 4 years after puberty due to having PCOS... which is a condition that makes it hard to lose weight and not have monthly cycles..... My biggest was 280 which was a few months ago. Im excited for this challenge. Feel free to add me as a friend
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'6"
    BW (beginning weight - weight at the beginning/highest weight): 314.2 lbs
    SW (starting weight - weight when you joined the group): 301.2 lbs
    Goal Weight: For right now, I'm going for 50lbs lost - so 264.2, but my final goal will be somewhere under 170!

Hi Everyone! I'm Angel and I'm 29. I've been with my husband for almost 9 years and we have a 6 year old son. I've always been bigger, but relatively healthy. I played sports through high school and then packed on TONS of weight. I've lost weight (almost 30 lbs) before with MFP and really am trying my hardest to think before I make my food choices. My husband is also trying to get healthier which is really making it easier on both of us. I'm currently mostly just walking and doing a modified C25K (spreading it out so each week is actually 3 weeks!), but I am reading NROLFW right now and hoping to add some lifting to my routine soon! I struggle with getting some 'Mom time' in like another poster mentioned. I've ended up getting up earlier in the AM to hit the gym before the boys wake up. It's working out great...except for this morning when I slept right through the alarm!
  • jaymesjourney
    Options
    Hello everyone!!

Height 5'0
    Age 22
    BW (beginning weight - weight at the beginning/highest weight) 198
    SW (starting weight - weight when you joined the group) 170
    Goal Weight 120-125

Hey everyone I'm Jayme. I'm originally from the great state of Texas but moved to Kentucky late 2011 to be with my husband who is in the Army. I started my journey(sort of) in October of 2012 and have lost 20 pounds. I fell off the bandwagon during christmas time(of course) and started back on my journey after the new year without taking it too seriously but now I'm more motivated than ever and have lost another 8 pounds. I still have 45-50 pounds left to go but I know I can do this!

I am also starting to eat clean and hopefully can get some tips as to new recipes with a picky eater(my husband)
    Thanks y'all!
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name's Melanie.
    Height 5'1
    Age 33
    BW (beginning weight - weight at the beginning/highest weight) 222.2
    SW (starting weight - weight when you joined the group) 174
    Goal Weight 115-125 depending on how I feel
    Neck- 132.
    Waist- 36
    Hips-44.5
    Thighs- 21.5
    Calves- 14.5
    Bust 42.8
    Bicep 12
    Plus, you can share a little about yourself - I'm a full time band director in Arizona. I've struggled with my weight most of my life....I was always the short and chubby kid. I got down to a smaller size/weight just after high school, but it literally lasted only a few weeks. I lost about 45 pounds in the first 6 months of working towards it, but I have been stalled for a while. I lose a couple of pounds and then they come back even though my habbits haven't changed. It's quite frustrating, but I'm determined to make it.
  • NinjaKelly
    Options
    Hi Guys,

My name is Kelly. Sorry I am just now posting this for some reason I have trouble viewing the group stuff from my phone so this is the first time I have logged onto my computer since Thursday.

Height: 5'2
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs
    Current Weight: 215
    Goal Weight: 160

I have struggled with my weight most of my life and have lost a significant amount of weight and gained it all back plus some more times than I would like to think about right now. So frustrating how easy the weight comes back but how hard it is to get if off and keep it off. About 4 years ago I was only 7 pounds away from my goal weight of 160 down 65 pounds from my starting weight of 232 (biggest ever) and I had a bad knee and ankle injury that had me laid up for a while. Once I stopped going to the gym I slowly started eating bad again and making bad choices. It just snow balled and here I am once again trying to lose those same pounds. I am usually really good during the week and usually lose 2-3 pounds by Friday but come Monday morning I have gained those 2-3 pounds right back. I have a hard time staying on track on the weekends because I tend to eat out a lot and also drink too much alcohol. I am hoping that with the help of MFP I will be able to stop these bad habits and finally lose this weight once and for all for the very last time EVER! Good luck to everyone :-)