curious how much calories is everyone eating??

Options
SummerMM1
SummerMM1 Posts: 94 Member
I have the lapband and it is the tightest it has every been. MFP says I should eat up to 1330 of calories a day. I have trouble getting up to 1000 calories a day. I eat all 3 meals plus snacks, not really ever hunger or starving. I just can't eat that much and I eat healthy when I do so there is not that much calories in it to begin with. Is this normal?? Thanks :smile:

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I had RNY, not the band, but for the seven months since surgery I have averaged 1,040 calories a day. I weigh, measure and log everything, even my vitamins and calcium.
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    Thanks, I thought I was going crazy. I try with the calories but I don't want to eat things that are not good for me just to get to the calorie goal. I think it kinda defeats the purpose LOL
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    You are doing awsome with your weight loss!!!!
  • babypom3333
    Options
    I had the sleeve, my calorie intake during weight loss is supposed to be between 500 and 800 per day, which is easy enough (I cant believe I just said that...LOL) My goal is to hit 90 grams of protein and 100 ounces of fluids per day.
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    Thanks, I do go back and see my doctor in a couple of weeks, I will talk to him about it and see what he says I am suppose to be doing. Thats about what I get in is 650 to 800 calories a day on average. very rare can I get to 1000 cal.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I also have the lap band and dont really worry too much about calories. My goals are 60+ grams of Protein and less than 50 grams of carbs (minus the fiber). As long as I hit those I continue to lose.
  • melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135
    Options
    I had the sleeve, I usually eat 800 -900 cals per day, more when I exercise of course. I aim for 85-90 grams of protein per day as well. its getting easier to reach the potein goals the further out I get (4 months yesterday)
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve on 11/1/12 and I'm just about at goal weight (I'd still like to lose 10 more lbs). and I typically get to about 900-1000 cals/day. I just had an appt. with my metabolic doc yesterday and he said I should be eating 1200 cals/day. I find it very difficult to hit that if I eat high protein (like I'm supposed to). If I go to a party, social event, etc., where I'm eating junky stuff (i.e. high carb), I find it easier to hit that number. Of course that is not the norm, though.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    I am just over a year out with RNY and have bumped my calories up to 1,200 minimum because I stalled. I eat back most of my exercise calories, so some days I eat 1,500-1,600 calories. It jump started my weight loss, too!!!
  • krista1020
    Options
    I am a little over 5 weeks out with RNY and I eat between 300-500 calories a day, but I am supposed to focus on protien which is 20-30 grams a day for now...this will be going up soon.
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    Thanks everyone that really helps. I am around 50 protein a day. I usually get in between 40 to 48 and I know I need to work on upping that also my water intake. I am trying to eat a lot of fiber also.
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    A couple tablespoons of peanut butter is an easy way to get in 200 calories and some protein as well if you're looking to bump up your calories without taking up much room in your tummy.
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Just had another fill on Tuesday. This time it is tighter than ever - even tho' is the same amount they have been putting in since Oct. So I am going slowly. I try to get my protein in for sure and then worry about the calories. But if'n I eat carby things like the mashed potatoes - then my calories are higher...
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I am just over a year out with RNY and have bumped my calories up to 1,200 minimum because I stalled. I eat back most of my exercise calories, so some days I eat 1,500-1,600 calories. It jump started my weight loss, too!!!

same as this but slightly under a yr out! :bigsmile:
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am 4.5 years out from RNY and eat 1700/day to maintain and 1400/day when I want to lose a few.
  • TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Just had a small unfill last week and yesterday I managed to eat 1000 calories. First time in a very long time I have gotten that much in. I'm 20 months post lapband and loving it.
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bypass about 14mths ago. 500-1200 a day, depending. Usually about 1000.

My docs generally want me to keep calories low and get a minimum of 60g protein a day, plus other guidelines.
  • SummerMM1
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you all doing great!!!!
  • Gahummingbyrd
    Options
    17 months post RNY. Right now I get in around 800 - 1000 calories per day. I plan to try and increase my caloric intake to 1300 to try and stop loosing. Its so hard to get the right amount of food in when I stay so busy. I usually don't realize how little I've eaten until I go back to log my food for the day. Most days, I have little to no appetite. This tool really works!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    17 months post RNY. Right now I get in around 800 - 1000 calories per day. I plan to try and increase my caloric intake to 1300 to try and stop loosing. Its so hard to get the right amount of food in when I stay so busy. I usually don't realize how little I've eaten until I go back to log my food for the day. Most days, I have little to no appetite. This tool really works!

You are doing great! I'm just over seven months post RNY. I find that I hit my calorie and protein targets a lot easier if I log my food at the beginning of the day, and make sure and eat what and when I had planned. I can be off if I wait until the end of the day and log then. It isn't always possible, but it works better for me.