New mom looking for friends

Options
Hello everyone,

I gave birth to my little daughter on January 22nd, she is my first baby and the cutest little thing!!
Unfortunately, my body looks like a battlefield. Stretch marks all over a flabby belly and my body is just totally out of shape.
Also, eating for comfort is a big issue. When I am stressed chocolate and cookies are my best friends... and who thought that a baby might be stressful, right?!

It would be nice to find some mommies here that deal with similar stuff. We rock!

Vera

Replies

• chelleangel78
    Options
    There are a lot of us here battling the same thing. You at least just had your baby. I have no excuse my little man's 6 months old and after an initial drop in weight I gained a ton and I'm now the fattest I've ever been in my life so it was time for a change!!!! We're all here for encouragement!!!! :)
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Im a second time mom of a 3 yr old and 7 month old. I am EBF my daughter and have lost about 30 pounds so far with about 30 to go. Anyone can add me. Always looking for more motivation and support!
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I had my daughter Feb 5. I lucked out with no stretch marks and am down almost 30 lbs but I have 30 more to go and I hate the way my hips and mid section looks!
    Congrats on your daughter!
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I am in a similar boat to you - I had my daughter Feb 15 but my problem was not eating enough when tired/stressed. That combined w/EBF I've lost 30 lbs in 4 weeks! I'm getting a handle on being a first time mom and figuring out all her different cries (definitely helps when you know what she wants or at least what to check to figure it out) which is helping me get better sleep and eat more. I've got 16 lbs left to get back to my pre-preggo weight but I'm hoping to take it a little slower and build up muscle while losing the rest of the fat. I got stretch marks, but only on my thighs surprisingly. Hang in there, there definitely gets to be more good days than frustrating!
  • DiannaDC
    DiannaDC Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello! Second time mom here. I have a 7.5 year old son and a six month old baby girl. After I had my daughter I lost all the weight and fit back into my pre preggo clothes in six days! At five weeks old I stopped BFing because she needed soy and well, I like dairy. I gained the weight back! EEK! Now she is six months old and I just got below my prepreggo weight! I still have like 40 lbs to go to be at the weight I want to be. Thank goodness for jogging strollers!
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Im a second time mom of a 3 yr old and 7 month old. I am EBF my daughter and have lost about 30 pounds so far with about 30 to go. Anyone can add me. Always looking for more motivation and support!

i am right there with you!! i have a 3 yr old and a 9 month old. it was really hard for me to get back with it this time which is weird i usually can start no problem its just sticking with it. im pretty disgusted with myself though was looking back at history and im at the same weight i was at when i was 6 months pregnant last year!! eww!!! well im not letting that hold me back this is my 10th days logging and exercising and i feel great about it the first week i lost 8 lbs i dont think this week will be as good but i wont let that discourage me. its really weird cause most of my pregnancy all i could think about is how this was my last pregnancy and i wanted to get fit. after my 3yr old i was just like ehhh im gonna gain weight again when we have another baby why try?? and i stopped trying well not this time. however its pretty challenging for me to take time for myself my 3yr old has cp and we are at the hospital 4 days + a week for therapy and specalist visit but ive been trying to make sure i have at least 30 mins. i have to do my work out early or i just say screw it. i am currently (what actually got me started) in a contest in the community through a radio station called 6 week slim down grand prize winner gets an all inclusive cruise for 2 something i have always wanted for me and my husband! i first weighed in at 250.2 i really wanna loose 30 lbs by the end i go back to weigh in on april 15 so i have about 30 days! i have 22 lbs to go!! i love these groups cause they help have motivation!!! we can all do this!!!
  • acraw558
    acraw558 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hey! I'm new here too. I had my 2nd baby (another boy!) feb 6th, so not too long after you! i've lost 30 lbs just from breastfeeding. so baby #2's weight is off! now i need to work on baby #1's weight...which i never lost :(. he's two now. Anyways, i totally know how you feel. i go to chocolate when i'm feeling stressed too. argh! ha ha.
  • CaliSteph
    CaliSteph Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!

Congrats on your daughter!

I have a recently turned 3 year old and a 5 month old. This place is great to give and receive support, ideas or even to hold yourself accountable.

Feel free to add me or anyone else who needs some support.