What's for dinner?

Options
I'd love to see what others are eating to stick to Paleo as well as lose weight. I have been sticking to big salads with lots of veggies, balsamic vinagrette and grilled chicken. I know that is going to get boring so need to start planning ahead.

Replies

• AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    We made a Chili Verde from the Everyday Paleo cookbook. It's pork shoulder, garlic and onions sauteed with coconut oil, smoked paprika, cumin and black better, then you douse that with a couple cups of chicken broth, and then there's a puree that you make from tomatillos, jalapenos and lime juice that you pour into the mixture. Cook all of it for a couple hours and then add guacamole and salsa on top. Great alternative to Mexican!
  • smp0723
    smp0723 Posts: 88
    Options
    We made a Chili Verde from the Everyday Paleo cookbook. It's pork shoulder, garlic and onions sauteed with coconut oil, smoked paprika, cumin and black better, then you douse that with a couple cups of chicken broth, and then there's a puree that you make from tomatillos, jalapenos and lime juice that you pour into the mixture. Cook all of it for a couple hours and then add guacamole and salsa on top. Great alternative to Mexican!

The chili sounds delicious! I don't like spicy so would have to omit a few things but definitely going to check into that cookbook.
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I had an avocado and a baked sweet potato. It doesn't sound like much, but I enjoyed it. Very filling and satisfying. :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    baked portobello mushroom & pork loin :)
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    BBQ spare ribs, sweet potato fries, and collard greens!
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I basically live and die by Paleo cookbooks. We would not have successfully transitioned into Paleo eating without them. I would have given up a loooong time ago.
  • CrazyCatLadylovescats
    CrazyCatLadylovescats Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Chinese Lion Head meatballs with broccoli, cabbage and carrots. Side of forbidden rice for kids and my husband.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Pound of goat steaks, kilo of sweet potatoes (in wedge form) and 1/2 a carton of cottage cheese with some gherkins. Because gherkins are badass.
    Washed down with some frozen bananas and berries. Nom.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    Last night, it was Grilled Curry Shrimp, guacamole and steamed green beans.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    I basically live and die by Paleo cookbooks. We would not have successfully transitioned into Paleo eating without them. I would have given up a loooong time ago.

Me, too! I swear by my cookbooks and sites like PaleOMG and Nom Nom Paleo.
  • tracy1344
    tracy1344 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Last night was BBQ spare ribs and green beans. 1 rack was strictly paleo, the other was a homemade bbq sauce for the kids. I had a little and it was so good. My husband loved it too and he usually doesn't like bbq sauce.

Tonight I'm making the salmon cakes and tartar sauce from It Starts with Food.
  • smp0723
    smp0723 Posts: 88
    Options
    Guess I better get busy checking out some of these websites/cookbooks!

Thanks for all the ideas!
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    We're having seared scallops with lemon butter, grilled asparagus and sauteed kale. The rest of the family with have brown rice on the side.
  • jordanna1979
    jordanna1979 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    last night was Bora Bora Fireballs with green beans (so delish!) and tonight is going to be turkey stuffed cabbage rolls...or some sort of lazy cabbage roll casserole - undecided.
  • lttappenn
    lttappenn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Last night was sweet and spicy sauteed cabbage and pork chops all cut up and thrown in a bowl with salsa and guacamole! It was awesome.
  • origwvgirl
    origwvgirl Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Bump for the websites/cookbooks
  • nemrut
    nemrut Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    We had grilled lamb chops, sweet potatoes, and baked kale chips.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I follow primal and still eat dairy so keep that in mind!

Dinner was one generously sized BBQ rib eye (medium rare, 100% grass fed) with grilled asparagus and goat cheese with garlic and olive oil.

And then my son fell of his chair and needed 4 stitches at the hospital, so I ate steak and asparagus for breakfast after having to pan fry it in strips!!!! lol
  • Clownfish423
    Clownfish423 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Currently in the oven: Whole chicken roaster with baby red potatoes (for the husband/kids), carrots, celery. I seasoned it with Greek seasoning and olive oil. It smells wonderful! I absolutely love one-pot dinners - less mess to clean up!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    The boys are eating pizza. I just had bacon and eggs. Simple but hit the spot!