Ritz Fudge Devils!!

Options
melbogg
melbogg Posts: 135 Member
I was grocery shopping last night and I ran smack into a display of Fudge covered Ritz crackers. The looked incredible and the fat chick inside me wanted them BAD!!! Then the new voice inside my head said, "No, you don't want those, you proabbly can't choke down more then 2-3 anyway". With that, I was able to walk away.......thinking Thank God half my stomach was removed! Otherwise, I would have eaten that entire box.

Anybody else having these moments yet?
That was the first time in a really long time I had any power over food and I LOVED IT!!

Replies

• SlimSmittySleeved
    SlimSmittySleeved Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    way to go :)
  • jaxkarin
    jaxkarin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been having these moments, and as awesome as they are, what if I give in and have one treat once a while. It's not so bad but I feel like it is. Also I love that you said 'the fat girl in me' because I feel like that I wonder whether I will always have fat girl in my who wants 5 Easter eggs instead of one :(
  • melbogg
    Options
    I gave into "Fat Girl" on the Easter aisle the other day and allowed myself to purchase my all time favorite..........get ready..........Reese's Peanut Butter Egg. It was incredible, but even better then the taste, was the fact that I was able to eat ONE, only one and be satisfied. The old me could have eaten 10 of those things. Im just so grateful to be moving past that!
  • sparker78
    Options
    Easter is my favourite holiday because of the chocolate eggs! So I gave in and bought myself (tut tut) a lindt dark chocolate easter bunny and felt so guilty that I gave most of it to my family and ate just his ears. But those ears tasted so good. But I didnt lose weight for 5 days so the ears werent worth it! I have now had a quiet word with myself and am not going to give in again (well not for a long time). Whats the point of stalling weight loss for a bit of chocolate? When I reach my goal weight, which is a long way off still, I may treat myself once a week, but for now I have to say NO!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I kinda look at it this way. This is a lifestyle change. If there is a food I want to eat, I am going to eat it but just a small amount. I am almost 10 months post op from sleeve. I am thankful that I can only eat a small amount due to my sleeve. I would rather eat what I am wanting than eat other things and not be satisfied. I know not everyone agrees with this but it works for me. I am at 132 pounds and have lost 137 from Feb 2012 till now. I lost 47 pre op and 91 post op. I do focus on protein first and get 80-100 grams of protein in a day and over 80 oz of liquids or more in a day also.
    Good luck to everyone!
  • melbogg
    Options
    I kinda look at it this way. This is a lifestyle change. If there is a food I want to eat, I am going to eat it but just a small amount. I am almost 10 months post op from sleeve. I am thankful that I can only eat a small amount due to my sleeve. I would rather eat what I am wanting than eat other things and not be satisfied. I know not everyone agrees with this but it works for me. I am at 132 pounds and have lost 137 from Feb 2012 till now. I lost 47 pre op and 91 post op. I do focus on protein first and get 80-100 grams of protein in a day and over 80 oz of liquids or more in a day also.
    Good luck to everyone!

I agree! You only live once and should be allowed treats.
    I'm grateful, however, for my sleeve that helps me to limit the amount of treats I induldge in :)
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    When I was losing, it has to be pretty good to be worth it. So a piece of candy on a special occasion? Sure. But two chocolate ears is a lot. I tried to keep my indulgences within my plan. I might go over my carb allotment for the day but not my calories at least. I think that worked better for me than putting whole foods on the forbidden list. They weren't exactly forbidden, but when I did the math, I stopped wanting them! :laugh: