What's Going On?

Options
hyphenbobbit
hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
Hi,s

Still Juddding but haven't lost any the last two weigh ins (two weeks) so last week decided to take measurements. Got weighed this morning (after a down day) to find that have put on 2lbs!........Before going into self destruct mode, (that number on the scales does something to your motivation) I decided to check out the measurements. I have lost 1.5 inches!!!

What is going on - I know it's not muscle build up because I haven't done any weight training. I have done a couple of runs in the last week but that's all - apart from everyday walking, cleaning, gardening etc.

I know it shouldn't matter but I really need to see the weight going down - it keeps me going!!

Any ideas - any long term Judders who have hit plateaus on the scales?

Replies

• delbury
    delbury Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello there
    I've been judding since July 2012 and have lost about 30lbs (average of 1lb a week, I guess) and have hit several plateaus along the way but, as you say the inches seem to come off whatever. I have dropped 4 dress sizes and am down to a UK size 14 which will suit me if I can stay here. Down days got particularly boring what with the inevitable lentil/veg soup boil ups. Now I try to have an oz of porridge oats for brek, one crispbread with a Laughing Cow triangle (extra light) for lunch, an apple at teatime, with a cup of tea and use anything that's left on an evenening meal. Just lately, I have been raiding the freezer/chiller shelves for ready meals under 250 cals and you'd be surprised what a variety you can find. A shepherds pie, for instance is only 217c and I add veggies up to the hilt!. I find that eating my dinner as late as poss (around 8pm) works best for me. I have to maintain a 600 cal down day as I simply can't exist without milk in my tea/coffee even though I drink lots of water. You just have to persevere, I'm sorry to say and LOOK FORWARD to TOMORROW!!!! UP day, yippee!
  • hyphenbobbit
    hyphenbobbit Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your reply....am hanging in there and need to be patient. Need to lose another 12ib so will aim to get there by the summer - that's assuming we're going to get a summer here!!:laugh:
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    I would suggest lowering your UD calories a tad and increasing your exercise. Also take a look at your sodium.