What are your macros??

Options
taylorwaylor
taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
Im having a hard time hitting my carbs without bread....

Replies

• bananapancakebella
    Options
    You probably need to up your fat.

My carbs are set at 75g (mark's daily apple suggests weight loss at 50-100g per day), protein is set to my lean mass times .8, and the rest of my calories come from fat.
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I tried the low fat high carbs, but i couldnt take it anymore and binged on carbs hard core! Plus i weight lift.....
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I don't see what weightlifting has to do with it.

If you want more carbs without eating grains, up your fruit and vegetable intake.
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I tried the low fat high carbs, but i couldnt take it anymore and binged on carbs hard core! Plus i weight lift.....

I think she meant increase your fat. But what is your goal for carbs?
  • 365Primal
    365Primal Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Based on 2000 cal / day.

60% fat (133g), 25% protein (125g) and 15% carb (75g).
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I eat 1400 calories a day and my macro percentages are 20% carbs, 25% protein, and 55% fat. It's easy to reach your carb limit if you include some fruit.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yep, up fat, mine are 15% carb, 45% protein 40% fat
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Are you using MFP defaults for you macro goals? You don't have to use the defaults, you can set your own. The MFP defaults are ridiculously high for carbs and low for fat; it is based on the current Standard American Diet and government dietary advice and we know how well that is working for everyone. (sarcasm)

I have my macros set for 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carbs. I do my best to get my fat to 75% if I can and my carbs to 5%. That's what works best for me. It alleviates hunger, craving, binging, depression, and a long list of other health problems.

Depending on your situation, I would NOT recommend eating lots of fruit to get your carbs really high. Excess fructose is not great for people who are trying to lose weight or who have other health problems affected by high dietary sugar.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    I'm 25% carbs, 30% protein, 45% fat. But I'm sort of all over the place. Some days I eat more carbs, some days more protein, and some days more fat. I don't really pay attention to macros, to be honest. I usually just eat what I eat and focus more on making sure it's Paleo. I'm also more concerned that I'm getting enough calcium now that I'm not eating any dairy. I have a really hard time with calcium!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    60% fat, 25% protein and 15% carb

Basically, I try to keep my carbs under 50g and sugar under 25g. Protein close to 100g. The rest is fat.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I've got mine set to 30% protein, 55% fat, 15% carb.

I get carbs mostly from veggies, as I have to watch my sugar intake...but I do have berries, and occasionally an apple or orange. I don't worry about meeting my carb goal or going over the other two (protein and fat) so long as I'm feeling good and getting enough calories. I focus mainly on meeting my protein goal and my calorie goal, and everything else just sort of falls into place.
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    My macros are 65% fat, 20% protein, 15% carbs. I like to get my carbs from sweet potatoes and veggies, mostly. Occasionally fruit.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Today: P: 30% C:46% F:24%
    Yesterday: P:27% C:46% F:28%

Last week: P:23% C:44% F:33%

It pretty much varies on a day to day basis, depending on how I feel.
  • Sorashi
    Sorashi Posts: 41
    Options
    Mine vary as well but I have them set to Protein:35% Carbs:25% Fat:40%
  • yummy_
    yummy_ Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    for the last three weeks i've been at almost exactly P25%, C25% and F50%
    (weekly average, though some larger fluctuations daily)

my diary is open if you'd like to see which foods got me there.