No Scale during this challenge

Options
Heyyy Everybody,

Is anyone else staying away from the scale during this challenge??? I've decided not to weigh myself for the remainder of the challenge. I just finished a challenge where we had to weigh in every week and for me, weighing in so often can be pretty stressful. I just want to stay away from the scale for a while.

Feel free to join me in this endeavor. All Are Welcome!! Love ya!! Have a wonderful weekend and aim high for those goals!!

Replies

• SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Glad you mention this....I was going to start a Challenge Monday also with a Weigh in and a No scale in this Group!! Bridget am I rubbing off on you! BAHHAHAA Love you...Yes down for the cause...
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Lol. I think you are rubbing off on me lady!! So we will weigh in Mon and put the scale away til the end of the challenge right? Sounds awesome to me. Love you too doll.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I think that I am addicted to my scale. I don't know if I can stay away from it that long...biting my bottom lip just thinking about it. I will limit myself though to once in a two week period. It's my inches that I am the most focused on right now anyway.
  • MaryDreamer
    MaryDreamer Posts: 439
    Options
    I LOVE that idea! Mine never changes anyway why keep discouraging myself! Ok NO scale til Summer! I'm not addicted but do enjoy my once a week weigh-ins on Sat or Sun. But I won't do it!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I think that I am addicted to my scale. I don't know if I can stay away from it that long...biting my bottom lip just thinking about it. I will limit myself though to once in a two week period. It's my inches that I am the most focused on right now anyway.

Lol.
  • justthick
    justthick Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Bridget, I dont have a scale at my house. I keep it at my Dad's but I check 2-3 times a month. The first day the middle or the 20th and the Last day of the month. But I know how overwhelming it can be. THANKS I may have to try it.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I LOVE that idea! Mine never changes anyway why keep discouraging myself! Ok NO scale til Summer! I'm not addicted but do enjoy my once a week weigh-ins on Sat or Sun. But I won't do it!

That's awesome!!
  • justthick
    Options
    That is a good idea but I will try. Some people lose inches and not weight and vice versa. Muscle weighs more. So Being OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) I dont know. Oh yeah my doctor's appoint in May. I have to get on the scale.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    That is a good idea but I will try. Some people lose inches and not weight and vice versa. Muscle weighs more. So Being OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) I dont know. Oh yeah my doctor's appoint in May. I have to get on the scale.

Glad you're trying it with us despite your OCD...Lol. We can encourage each other through it. :)
  • tgmoore34
    tgmoore34 Posts: 18
    Options
    I decided to take a break from my scale for at least a month, it's not moving much these days but I feel great. I'm going to pay more attention to how I feel & look vs. being a scale demon:). I was starting to weigh too much.

I think that's a great idea. I'm so motivated by this challenge I don't need a scale to keep me in check:)

Xoxo
    Tina
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    I decided to take a break from my scale for at least a month, it's not moving much these days but I feel great. I'm going to pay more attention to how I feel & look vs. being a scale demon:). I was starting to weigh too much.

I think that's a great idea. I'm so motivated by this challenge I don't need a scale to keep me in check:)

Xoxo
    Tina

Well said Tina!! Let's do this!!
  • MsSassy45
    MsSassy45 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, although I was weighing weekly to stay focused..:0) after my Sunday weigh in next week ill hide it too :0) I'm on a challenge that ends 31st.:0)
  • shtupndoit
    shtupndoit Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just might to join you with this no scale....I'm not addicted but my scale and I have a love hate relationship.
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I considered this, but I think I have decided against it. I am having encouraging results since rededicating, and will surely have more with the extra dedication in this challenge. Also, my scale is a body composition monitor so I get to see positive changes when the weight isn't changing in particular. Today I had a big NSV with my special scale, let me report!
    The scale gives me a "body age" reading (I turned 39 in December), and after slipping up a bit in 2012, I'd been at a body age of 44 when I kind of rededicated in December and got my bodymedia thing and stuff. Recently, it had notched down to 43 for the past several weeks, solidly, hadn't seen 44 in some time - and this morning, I got another year - 42. Of course, I would like it to say 39 or younger, but seeing it going steadily down these past 3 months is REALLY awesome.
    Also, the way I tend to lose weight when eating "right", working out a lot and resting up enough (ie, doing everythign I can...) is usually through a steep drop every couple of months, like 3 - 4 pounds, to a new low - this is one reason I weigh daily, so I don't miss those days - then a bounce back up of 1.5 - 2 pounds where I'll then hover at a new (slightly lower) "high" for another several weeks with my body fat reading being lower and my "skeletal muscle" reading higher than at the lowest weight. Right now, that plateau "high" has been 178, give or take .2 pounds, and this morning my muscle and fat numbers were great.

I am really enjoying the daily rewards of rededication that I'm getting right now, and really looking forward to seeing a lot more pay off in a couple of months as well. Keep it up, everyone, and definitely chuck the scale if it's stressful! It is so meaningless when you are gaining some muscle, can be sooo misleading...
  • justthick
    Options
    Omg. I was looking at the scale last night , it was callng my name. Just like in the movies. I dont think about it when Im at home because I dont have a scale here. This teaches me about temptations. Lol.
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Omg. I was looking at the scale last night , it was callng my name. Just like in the movies. I dont think about it when Im at home because I dont have a scale here. This teaches me about temptations. Lol.

Lol. Tell that scale to shut up!!!
  • MsSassy45
    MsSassy45 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I will do monthly instead of weekly..it actually helps me stay in control :0)
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    well....(clears throat*) at the beginning of this challenge I said I was NOT gonna get on the scale but....I was feeling so light and fit around here lately, and you know I could not resist checking to see if I had dropped a few pounds, so I jumped on the scale :( booooooooo I know....I may need professional help with this one...LOL

good luck ladies