Green Tea CHALLENGE

Options
Hello my Bootylicious dolls!
I have a challenge for you!

I'm sure you have probably heard that drinking green tea regularly will help you lose weight by speeding up your metabolism. How many of you have actually put that to the test?

I decided to give it a shot, and here are my results...

I drank green tea for a week straight.. Nothing but green tea (to drink!). And... I lost 5lbs! :D
Granted, I'm sure a lot of that was water weight being released due to the added caffeine.

Why don't you give it a shot and post your results!!
If you hate the taste of green tea, like I used to, make a pitcher in the morning or evening with one green tea bag and one fruit flavor and some stevia or agave if that's yo' "thang". ;)

Replies

• smartandtrim
    smartandtrim Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Holy crap... I'm in! I never sugar my green tea, though.
  • TYarbour38
    Options
    "WOW" I love green tea i am going to try it for a whole week. thank you. i never knew that.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    does green tea interfere with iron absorption like black tea?
  • MozzarellaSheep
    MozzarellaSheep Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Some studies say that it "can" interfere with iron absorption by up to 30%, which is very common with many herbal teas. However, you can combat this by up-ing your vitamin C. I also take an iron supplement, because my vegetarian diet is often lacking in the iron department.
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • erbrat
    erbrat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can you or anyone recommend good tasting bottled green tea? I would like to try this challenge as I really struggle with drinking water and this could be a good alternative.
  • Pie8
    Pie8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Although there are a lot of flavoured green teas available in the market but I use the basic leaves a friend got for me from china. Drinking green tea after every meal and post 6 in the evening boosts up metabolism and helps in digestion. Plus the anti-oxidants rush works wonders for you skin and hair. Doctors recommend that ( raw papaya, raw tomato, green tea) every day a person should include two of these in there diet for a amazing hair and skin.

Last year green tea was part of a diet that I had followed which made me lose 28 pounds in under two months. So it works.
  • Luvable84v
    Luvable84v Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just be careful with bottled stuff they usually add a lot of sugar and additives to make them nicer.

I once brought volvic flavoured water and was gobsmacked when I realised it contained 41% of my daily sugar allowence!! i think it was about 200 cals aswell!

:)
  • jay57375
    jay57375 Posts: 3
    Options
    Worth they try!
    Although there are a lot of flavoured green teas available in the market but I use the basic leaves a friend got for me from china. Drinking green tea after every meal and post 6 in the evening boosts up metabolism and helps in digestion. Plus the anti-oxidants rush works wonders for you skin and hair. Doctors recommend that ( raw papaya, raw tomato, green tea) every day a person should include two of these in there diet for a amazing hair and skin.

Last year green tea was part of a diet that I had followed which made me lose 28 pounds in under two months. So it works.
  • MozzarellaSheep
    Options
    Lots of good info, Dolls!

I second the being careful about bottled tea. A lot of times bottled tea is not brewed from tea leaves, it is mixed from powder. Yikes! With loaded sugar. XP
    I do however recommend brewing your own. My method is below! <3

Overnight brew iced tea:
    You will need-
    1 pitcher
    1 green tea bag
    1 flavored herbal tea of your choosing
    3 packets of stevia

Fill the pitcher with boiling or close to boiling water. (I honestly just turn my tap to the hottest setting and use a faucet filter)
    Stir in the stevia with a long handled spoon.
    Add the tea bags.
    Cover and refrigerate overnight.
    Enjoy!

I like this method because I hate drinking plain water. I drink a pitcher of my tea brew every day, which allows me to drink liquids without having to force it. I enjoy using the two different teas because I can change up the flavor each day. ;) Mmm
  • erbrat
    erbrat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Lots of good info, Dolls!

I second the being careful about bottled tea. A lot of times bottled tea is not brewed from tea leaves, it is mixed from powder. Yikes! With loaded sugar. XP
    I do however recommend brewing your own. My method is below! <3

Overnight brew iced tea:
    You will need-
    1 pitcher
    1 green tea bag
    1 flavored herbal tea of your choosing
    3 packets of stevia

Fill the pitcher with boiling or close to boiling water. (I honestly just turn my tap to the hottest setting and use a faucet filter)
    Stir in the stevia with a long handled spoon.
    Add the tea bags.
    Cover and refrigerate overnight.
    Enjoy!

I like this method because I hate drinking plain water. I drink a pitcher of my tea brew every day, which allows me to drink liquids without having to force it. I enjoy using the two different teas because I can change up the flavor each day. ;) Mmm

Sounds like a good plan, thanks for the info :)
  • MozzarellaSheep
    Options
    So, any results?
  • kpmuzzy
    kpmuzzy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wasn't apart of the group when the challenge started but I had recently added green tea to my diet and I do think it's helped me I've lost just under 4 pound in a month. Before I added it don't think I was loosing at this rate, think it may of helped speed up the progress a bit :)