Getting Really Discouraged...The Scale Just Won't Budge

Options
Zdesh
Zdesh Posts: 16 Member
I'm about ready to give up and just decide that I'll never be where I want to be. I'm 4'11 and I"m teatering between 140 and 143 depending on the day of the week...The heaviest I've ever been. I'm really only trying to lose about 10-15lbs but I swear it's the hardest 10 lbs I've ever tried to lose. I've been working out 3-4 days a week in addition to doing hot yoga once or twice a week. I wear a heart rate monitor so I know my calorie burn is pretty good during my workouts. I'm also logging my food intake every day and I'm usually slightly under or at my weekly goal. But the scale just won't budge...not even a little. I've been at this for so long and I just don't see any progress. Now I'm sick with a sinus infection and too tired to work out and I just feel like I'm never going to get a handle on this.

So this is my question...Is my body trying tell me that this is where I'm supposed to be? Or is it just harder as we get older (I'm 39 by the way)? I've hit plateaus in the past and eventually you push through them. But this doesn't feel like a plateau, I can't even get started.

This is my rant for today. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow.

Replies

• emily0441
    Options
    It's really tough to stay motivated when you're depending on that number to change. I totally understand how frustrating it is. Hopefully, your more healthful diet and increase in exercise helps you feel better, even if it isn't making you lighter (yet). That's what I have to remind myself some days when the scale is just not showing me what I want to see. I'll make a deal with you: I'll stay with it if you will. I am sure that very soon, we'll start seeing progress, even if it comes slowly.
  • Zdesh
    Zdesh Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks Emily...I've decided to just keep working the plan and see what happens. I'm working out daily and trying to make good choices. At the end of the day, that's all I can do. I figure something will have to happen eventually.
  • mstissa02
    mstissa02 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am having that same trouble withe the scale, but I have realized that it is better to measure myself than use a scale. Of course, I want the scale to move, but if my clothes feels loose, then I must be doing something right. Just keep doing what you are doing & will help stay motivated.
  • LilMissAmers
    LilMissAmers Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. One thing that is helping me is that I have a scale that measures body fat percentage. Although my weight is remaining the same, my body fat percentage is going down and my clothes are definitely fitting better. Don't be discouraged! Have faith in yourself and keep up the good work!
  • madelinemcgee
    madelinemcgee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Emily,

YOU CAN DO IT! The hard moments like this are the ones that will make you stronger and once you get to the point where you're wanting to be with perseverance, you'll look back and really appreciate the hard work you've done! I'm 4' 10'' (But I round up to 4' 11'' most of the time haha) so I TOTALLY know where you're coming from. Just keep yourself motivated and know that when you DO drop that weight you've been working for, everyone will notice because we're the short girls haha five lost looks like ten and five gained looks like ten too unfortunately ;) I believe in you though! Just don't let those days get to you. I had one of those too today. :/ If it seems like you're not going anywhere, make one or two slight changes in your diet and be consistent in those and see the difference. One challenge I propose (and am doing myself for a good two months now) is not drinking ANYTHING but water, water water! :) It's wonderful. And it helps take off that extra layer of fat that hits right at my core every time! :) I wish you the best of luck and feel free to friend me. I'll be here if you need me. It's always best to find the people to support you that relate to you most!

Best wishes!

Madeline