Don't be discouraged....

Options
I know, I know. Easier said then done. I was looking at the WI for Wednesday posting and there were so many comments about how discouraged they were because they did not have a loss or maybe gained a pound or two. Yet, the reality of it is, just by monitoring what you are eating, stepping on the scale to be conscious of your weight, and checking in here for motivation, accountability or what have you, you are succeeding and making progress. Regardless of your weight loss goals - whether its to look good in clothes (or look good naked), to run a 5K, etc. - the ultimate goal is being healthy. Who doesn't want that? And regardless of what the scale says, if you are here you are already taking those steps.

I've been on and off the weight loss journey for years. I've gone through doing it because I want to lose weight. I've gone through it because I want to look good for my husband, look good in clothes, etc. But the only time I'm successful is when I focus on being healthy. Watching my calories (which is really just watching your portions), making sure to eat 5 fruits/veggies a day, eating lean meats, and indulging once in a while. That works for me. The scale is getting lower, but more importantly I am feeling better.

So long story short - find what works for you and celebrate!! It may take a few tries but if losing weight was easy wouldn't everyone be doing it? It's hard and it's a journey. But if you stick with it and get to the end of the journey it will be well worth it! Just stop and smell the flowers along the way and don't be discouraged. We're here for you!

Replies

• DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Indeed! Great post :)
  • gs1941
    gs1941 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • jhansen39
    jhansen39 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you for reminding us what is important! :smile:
  • mrowrmeowmrowr
    mrowrmeowmrowr Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Nice post!
  • gabdhouse
    gabdhouse Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Well said, thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Getting healthy and fit isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. if you can learn to develop a lifestyle that gets you that than you are on your way to having a fantastic healthy life.

I'm guilty of getting irritated and impatient with the scale, but when I look in the mirror I feel and look better. I just need to stop nit-picking and keep doing what I know is right for my body.

Thanks again for the encouragement!!
  • jlg6599
    jlg6599 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.
  • Gracie430
    Gracie430 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I certainly agree with that. Especially the marathon part! We might as well enjoy what we can of it, right? My weekend has been good. How is everyone else doing? Having fun? I hope so.
  • chica6578
    chica6578 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    mine was a good weekend. I kept physically busy. i helped a pregnant friend clean her house getting it spring cleaned for the baby (she's due in 20 days) so i was very active which is good for me. but i didnt eat often. but i did eat heavy . i was good on Calories. but maybe not nutrition. lol.
  • Supawmn18
    Supawmn18 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting