What DIY wedding ideas do you have?

Options
mshopey
mshopey Posts: 125 Member
i've been enjoying my arts and crafts as of recent, and theres a lot of things i've been making for my wedding, but i'm looking for some news ideas, do you know of anything nice and different?
:)

Replies

• AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    sorry I just saw this :) I decided to help keep costs down for mine (VERY limited budget!) I'm going to wait for the snow to melt. After that when my fiancee and I start our daily walks through the woods again I'm going to collect all kinds of nature things. Sticks pine cones maybe even leaves! Then I'll get some paints or glitter in my colors (burgundy and silver) and decorate said items up. I'm having an out door fall wedding so I figured that would fit nice for the indoor reception. I also enjoy wood carving so I'm looking to get a new set of tools for it and maybe carve up the sticks a bit :) Then for the gifts to guests I'm going to but locally grown apples mmmm and decorate paper bags and allow guests to take what they want home with them.
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    I have so many DIY ideas.

Pinterest is so addictive LOL
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Goodness, there are SO MANY ideas out there! I'm kind of digging the hot air balloon DIY centerpiece, floral centerpieces are just waaaaay too much $$. Basically it's a potted, flowering plant in a little weaved pot. You make the netting for a helium balloon to sit inside the netting and VOI LA! I also saw ones made from the cheapie balls they sell at the supermarket, painted to look like the balloons. Very cute, check it out on pintrest (it IS addictive)
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    Oh that it so weird ..... I went out for lunch yesterday and the table next to us had a hot air balloon plant on their table!!

They had a round paper lantern for their balloon ... no netting, just ribbons.

Much like this http://coronitas.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/hot-air-balloons.jpg but with a plant in the base.
  • Bunniculette
    Bunniculette Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    VERY cute! and, yea, that IS weird
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I made a brooch bouquet (via Pinterest) for my wedding. Combined with red tuplips and roses. Very rich and sparkley. Mason jars are always cute to use for SOMETHING! Pinterest girl! But beware... time will escape you.