That was hard.

Options
2»

Replies

• famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did my Wk4D1 today. I was so nervous I actuallllyl started crying from nerves for my 1st 5min run. :NERD!! I totally understand your feeling. But I (WE) did it!! I would love a friend at the same week than me, if your interested.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I got busy with work and couldn't get back to doing C25K until today so I've just done the w4d3. I was a little nervous after so many days off but I told myself I'd do fine if I kept my pace slow, Oh right, that thing about how you should be able to carry on a conversation. Also I did it first. I've been doing other stuff at the gym and then hopping on the treadmill afterwards. If I do C25K first it's a lot easier cause I'm not already worn out ;)

Today, for the first time, my mind wandered and I wasn't watching the clock thinking I can't make it to the end of the jog interval. I feel like that's a breakthrough. Slowing down does seem to be the key! Thanks everyone for your advice.

I'm not working most of this week and I hope to become a gym rat!

I hope to finish week 5 this week even though it scares me :)
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W3D1 tomorrow so Im hoping its not to hard on me. I finished W2D3 with a 2.09 mile run in the 31 minute workout.
  • badzoe
    badzoe Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Not watching the clock is huge!

I'm in the middle of w5. I did w5d1 and but I did four 5 min runs instead of three. Today I did w5d2 and I did two 10 min runs instead of 8 minutes. I want to be ready for w5d3.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    w5d3 scares me.
  • TrishaRN_74
    TrishaRN_74 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    You guys are scaring the CRAP outta me! I'm about to start w2d1 tomorrow... :-) Love the advice though!
  • badzoe
    Options
    Other people have done it--we can do it too!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You'll be ready by the time you get there. If *I* could do it, anybody can. LOL.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with week three. I have completed three runs but I'm going to try at least one more before moving onto w4. I had to really push myself to complete it. On yesterday's run I kept telling myself during that last minute & a half - "I don't stop when I'm tired; I stop when I'm done." The pep talk to myself seemed to do the trick.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    w5d3 scares me.

Don't be scared! When I first saw that W5D3 was 20 minutes, I basically already KNEW that I wasn't going to be able to do the full 20 minutes... But I did it! I finished all 20 minutes without stopping, without walking breaks in between.

Just remember to go at a steady pace that's pretty slow, I've heard it should be a pace you could speed-walk at. If you're running outside, adjust your speed to what your body needs. And don't be hard on yourself if you do have to walk. Your body's still getting used to running, and it will get easier I promise! I just finished W7D3, running 25 minutes like it's nothing. =)
  • TdaniT
    TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Week 4 was tough -- I had to decrease my jogging pace to 4.5-5 mph (on the treadmill), *and* my walking pace to 3.5 or even 3 mph at times. The "slowing down" advice has been good for me! :)

For some of us, even your "slow" speed is too fast! My best jogging pace is 3.5 MPH (I can't stay there, but I have not been going below 3.0). My walking pace is usually between 2.5-3.0 MPH).

I only mention this because I was discouraged by some posts that talked about slowing down before I realized that "slow" to me is different than "slow" to someone else.

The best advice I got was: Make sure you can complete the runs---even if you are barely running. Speed will come later.

Yay! Someone like me! I jog at 3.5 mph and walk at 3.0 mph. I just completed W5D2! I am so proud of myself!!!!!
  • TdaniT
    Options
    I'm struggling with this one too! I know I can do it, but can't seem to get in the mental game. Any suggestions?!?!

It was really that way for me too. I am completing the program on a treadmill so I make sure I have something to distract me. I either listen to my iPod or watch TV. I don't look at the time on the treadmill or on my iPod. That is what kills me. If I look at the time and I know I still have 2 mins to go! ;) You can do it though.
  • TdaniT
    Options
    w5d3 scares me.

Scares me too but we will get through it! I will be completing w5d3 on Thursday.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Great job Tdani! You're certainly coming along nicely!
  • badzoe
    Options
    I did it--W5d3--done! I'm ready for w6d1!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Look at you, badzoe! You are totally amazing. Great job on the major milestone!
  • Tshippell
    Options
    Vardaemi- You are so encouraging! I go through and read the posts and you are always there inspiring and encouraging people! i really appreciate it. I finished W4D1 yesterday and rested today and I am feeling great. I was so nervous to run for 5 minutes straight and then when I did it twice I wanted to scream in the gym I was so excited :) Thanks for all your support.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I appreciate it! I worry that I'm being a busy body, but I also know that sometimes we all need affirmation and maybe outside perspective on our accomplishments. It's so easy to focus on "running slow" and not celebrate that fact that we are "RUNNING."