My new plant-based, whole foods life

Options
Hi. I just recently got serious about plant-based whole foods. Today is day #18. It's going GREAT!!!!

I recorded my experiences thus far in my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/72MonteCarla

I would love to have more pals on MFP who are doing the same. Looking to share ideas, recipes and support. Feel free to scrutinize my diary and offer suggestions for improvement!

Thanks,
Carla

Replies

• shellythepink
    Options
    I enjoyed your blog. You are doing fantastically well. I agree that wholefoods are much more filling and satisfying. Have you tried any of Lindsay Nixon's books? They have some lovely recipes in and are low fat too. I look forward to keeping up with how you are doing. Good luck.
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Fat free vegan.com has become my regular resource.
  • 72MonteCarla
    72MonteCarla Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed your blog. You are doing fantastically well. I agree that wholefoods are much more filling and satisfying. Have you tried any of Lindsay Nixon's books? They have some lovely recipes in and are low fat too. I look forward to keeping up with how you are doing. Good luck.
    I will check out the Lindsay Nixon books. I appreciate the tip. Thanks!
  • 72MonteCarla
    Options
    Fat free vegan.com has become my regular resource.
    Agreed! Great site, great recipes!
  • BellehavenfarmDawn
    BellehavenfarmDawn Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I joined the Eat To Live Group here and it's quite active. In case it is new to you, ETL was written by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It is a Healthy, plant based way of eating forever. I have met some nice and very supportive folks.

I have actually taken it a step further and am learning about Foraging for Wild Edibles! I found an plant expert. She leads the hikes and gathering, then we come back to my house to cook a gourmet meal. Of course we do add some bought things to supplement. I have asked her to try to keep the oil, butter etc to a minimum or better yet, make mine without!

I can actually gather myself. I am very confident on about 5 plants so far! LOL

PS I just wash the greens. I am not in charge of cooking!

If this sounds like fun you can find opportunities on Meet Up

Dawn....I like your dog!
  • 72MonteCarla
    Options
    I joined the Eat To Live Group here and it's quite active. In case it is new to you, ETL was written by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. It is a Healthy, plant based way of eating forever. I have met some nice and very supportive folks.

I have actually taken it a step further and am learning about Foraging for Wild Edibles! I found an plant expert. She leads the hikes and gathering, then we come back to my house to cook a gourmet meal. Of course we do add some bought things to supplement. I have asked her to try to keep the oil, butter etc to a minimum or better yet, make mine without!

I can actually gather myself. I am very confident on about 5 plants so far! LOL

PS I just wash the greens. I am not in charge of cooking!

If this sounds like fun you can find opportunities on Meet Up

Dawn....I like your dog!

Thanks, Dawn. I will check out that group!