Let's get to know eachother -- Self-introduction

Options

Replies

• theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    How much would you like to lose by the end of the Spring into Summer 2013 challenge?? i would love to lose 30lbs
    Where are you from? i am right outside st louis mo
    What is your favorite color red some days others pink
    season- 70s no humidity lol
    food,Italian
    television series- im a sucker for chic flicks but i love me some reba
    books,- 50 shades lmao
    hobby?- i dont really have one (there is no time)
    Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!?? hawaii
    What are your favorite workout routines? im curently working on he elliptical

i am a wife and mommy of 2 amazing little boys, our life has been quite challenging the last 3 yrs my oldest has been hospitalized 17 times. he used to have seizures and he has cerebral palsy. 9 months ago we welcomed our last family member lol and he is a happy little guy. and has completed our family. my oldest has been hospital (inpatient) free for exactly1 yr. but we are at the hospital 3-5 days per week for dr visits and therapy. i am very hard on myself. if i make a small mistake i tend to ambush myself, im working really hard on that. im trying to take 1 day at a time ive been back to mfp for 13 days now and have lost 10 lbs!! i got started when i heard a contest at a local radio station for a 6 week slim down and the winner wins a cruise it ends on april 15 my goal was to try to lose 30 lbs a little more than 5 lbs per week ! (i know huge goal) i have been working on building up on the elliptical i could barley do 5 mins 2 weeks ago and i can now do 20 min i increase a min and 100 strides everyday. i love having friends to help motivate me and try to help others my outside connection to the world is fb! heheh. well enough for now!!! LETS DO THIS!!!
  • neeree1
    neeree1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am 33 year old. I am really excited that I joined the group and hoping to loose weight. My favorite color is yellow and I love spending time with my family. My dream is to be a good mother, wife and a successful entrepreneur.
  • srinas
    srinas Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi everyone. i just recently joined my fitnesspal. My name is Sarah. I am from Canada. I teach at a daycare so I find it hard to stay away from bad habits. REally excited to joing a place and have support to reach my goal.
  • Tinkerbell1010
    Tinkerbell1010 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Sandi I am from New Jersey. I began my journey in June of 2012 at 179.9 lbs with some set backs and lots of frustration I am currently at 146.6 lbs and anxious to get to my goal weight of 135 and at that time reevaluate and see how I feel and perhaps lose another 5-10 lbs. I began the couch 2 5k program in July of 2012 I believe I got to week 7 and then I began to just free run on my own. With the weather finally beginning to change and the nights staying lighter longer I hope to get back to my running at least 3 times a week. I currently work 2 jobs and have 2 teenage children so time can be a challenge but if I've learned anything at all during this time it has been that I need to make my time for myself :) Welcome to all and best of luck reaching all your goals :)
  • EvaKr
    EvaKr Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Eva and I'm 18 years old.
    I'm from Holland and I joined MFP about 3 months ago.

Here is a little bit about me:
    Favorite Colour: Purple
    Favorite Season: Spring
    Favorite Food: I don't really know...
    Favorite Television Series: Grey's Anatomy, New Girl, Being Human, Doctor Who
    Favorite Book: A thousand splendid suns
    Favorite Hobby: Playing the Piano, Reading, Traveling
    Favorite Destinations: London and Prague!!
    Favorite Workout Routines: Elliptical and Cycling

It has not been going well since I started here, but I really want to lose about 60 pounds. I'm working out every day now, or almost every day. That's a good start. I still have to work a little on my food, but I'm confident that I can do this. Joining this challenge feels like the start of my weight loss, so let's do this!!!

I'm 5"8 and 225 pounds. I would eventually like to get down to 165 pounds. With this challenge I would like to lose about 30 pounds. I'm very excited to start this challenge! Good luck to everyone!

Eva
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hello Y'all

My name is Rae, I am almost 38. I am originally from Arizona, but have been a Sweet Georgia Peach for over 19 years!
    Favorite Color: Pink
    Favorite Season: Summer
    Favorite Food: Mexican & STEAK!
    Favorite Television: Pretty much any restaurant/cooking reality series (Bar Rescue, Hell's Kitchen, Top Chef, etc), HUGE Survivor fan, The Voice & The Office
    Favorite Book: Don't read
    Favorite Music: Metal, Hard Rock, Punk, and I love P!nk
    Favorite Hobby: Photography & Photo Editing, Gardening, Cooking, playing on the internet, Hiking, Softball/Baseball coach
    Favorite Destinations: Beach, Anywhere but usually Florida
    Favorite Workout Routines: Spinning, weight training,

A few things about me: I am married to my best friend. We have been together 20+ years, married almost 17. We have 2 amazing kids, our daughter (also my best friend) is almost 18, and will be heading down to Savannah, GA to play softball on scholarship this coming fall - I think I will have an emotional meltdown when this happens, will have to make some extra visits to the gym to balance out my emotions! ha!ha! Our son is 10, and just about the sweetest, most helpful kid I have ever seen. We have 2 cray cray dogs, Cassie a 15lb Boston Terrier and Johnny a 85lb American Bulldog. We also have 2 snakes, Boss Hogg, a Western Hog Nose, and Larry a Ball Python. We are a very close family and have always been very active hiking, playing ball, etc.... I have pretty much been an athlete all my life (Cross-country, track, swimming, softball, volleyball in HS) though I did get away from athletics after high school I was always hiking, being active outdoors, etc....Then came my daughter at age 20, I am 6' tall and was 130 lbs pre-pregnancy and my doctor said I would never see that weight again, and that I was under weight for my height/stature. Though looking at pictures from back then I thought I looked DAMN GOOD! Anyhow, he was right, I gained 65 with my first, lost most of it and stayed right around 150-160 until my second pregnancy 7 years later in which I also gained about 60 lbs, and went over the 200 mark for the first time in my life. Didn't lose as much as that time stayed about 180. That coupled with some illnesses etc.... I gained more, again going over the 200 mark. I am currently 220 (236 at my heaviest) and have not been under the 200 mark in several years. It's time and I am ready, I wish I could get back to my pre-pregnancy body, but am looking to be a little curvier and more muscle cut/toned this time around.....so I would love to see myself at around 160-170 toned and defined! I shattered my ankle almost a year ago, and had reconstructive surgery last June. I still have 2 pins & 5 screws in my ankle, and though the doctor said all the breaks are healed he will still not allow me to do any high impact stuff, so I am stuck on the elliptical, stair master & spinning for now. I am really bummed as I have done the Warrior Dash every year for the past 3 years and am going to miss it this year. Hopefully I will be able to start running again in the future. I currently have my calories set for 1230 a day which is low I know, but just wanting to get that first 10 lbs off and get my workout levels up since I am just getting back to it after injury. I do my best to log all my food, and also been trying to cut out Gluten where I can. I have never been a real over eater, nor a big sweets eater besides the occasional craving for ice cream or something. My big downfall is carbs (beer, breads, chips, potatoes, pasta, rice, etc) so I have been trying to find a nice balance eating 6-7 small meals/snacks a day, and so far I haven't been finding myself hungry, though I do allow myself to "cheat" on weekends. My "cheating" is mostly beer which I have cut out completely during the week, and have switched from Budweiser to Mich Ultra. However, I am sure I will have to cut "cheating" out completely if I really want to accomplish my goals. I work in logistics, so I am pretty much on my *kitten* all day also why I am ok with the low calories for now. I have love reading the success stories on here, get me excited to hopefully be able to put my own up one day. Since I am so tall, I carry my weight pretty well. My biggest areas I want to see improvements on are my belly (I am tired of sucking it in, and having a dang muffin top in my cute jeans, my under arms/armpit fat & my tata's! I like my bootie and legs just want to get them a lot more tone It's almost been 2 weeks, and while I have not seen a whole lot of change on the scale, I have noticed my clothes & bra are already fitting better, so it's a start.......OK, I have definitely rambled enough! Good luck y'all, work hard & kick butt! Feel free to add me, I am always open for workout/nutrition advice!
  • cedebrooks
    cedebrooks Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! My name is Courtney, and I live in Raleigh, NC! I'm 22, and will be turning 23 this summer, so hopefully I'll have made some weight accomplishments by my next birthday!

I'm a recent college graduate from NCSU (go pack!), and have always had just a little bit of a muffin top that never seems to go away, despite living a fairly active lifestyle. Ergo, it probably has something to do with my eating habits! I've steadily been cleaning up my diet, and have pretty much converted (90%ish), though I still occasionally drink/eat treats with friends. After talking with my dad, who's a fitness buff/body builder/etc, he's helping me figure out a low carb diet that I'll be starting probably just in time for this challenge, so we'll see how that'll help!

I exercise about 10+ hours a week, which seems crazy! Here's the breakdown of what I do: Wado Ryu karate for ~5 hours (2 1 hour classes during the week, then practices on weekends), Body Rock/Daily Hiit (www.dailyhiit.com) sporadically, if I feel like I've been sitting still too long, then running ~4-8 miles a week (ahem, slogging), and weight lifting 3x a week (Stronglifts 5x5). I also walk every weekday, at least 2 miles a day.

Now the fun stuff!

Favorite Color: Silver
    Favorite Season: Summer and Spring
    Favorite Food: Depends a lot on my mood, but probably Breyer's Coffee Ice Cream!
    Favorite Television: Game of Thrones and Doctor Who
    Favorite Book: I don't really have a favorite, but I love the Hunger Games series, Night Angel series (Brent Weeks), The Name of the Wind, and a bunch of other fantasy books
    Favorite Music: Anything from hard metal to alternative, though I stay away from country and rap/hip hop
    Favorite Hobbies: Karate, Sewing (I make renaissance and other costumes), playing video games, reading
    Favorite Destination: Beach! usually go to Hatteras for the summer :)

I'm a crazy cat lady in training, with two cats I love tremendously :) I live with my awesome boyfriend, who does nothing but support me in every way he can, while still challenging me to meet my goals.

Anyone can feel free to add me for support and motivation!
  • jerryallegood
    jerryallegood Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Jerry,
    I am 50 years old.
    I am trying to lose one and a half pounds a week.
    My intermediate goal is to get down to 185 lbs.
    Onece I reach that goal I am going to try to lose another 20 lbs to 165.
    The best way to eat an elephent is one bite at a time.

Where are you from? originally Moultrie, GA, now live in Warner Robins, GA
    What is your favorite
    -color, blue like the summer sky
    -season, summer
    -food, don't really know
    -television series, old M*A*S*H reruns
    -books, Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, Jack London's White Fang and The Game, Charles ****ens' A Tale of Two Cities and Great Expectations, The Art of War by Sunzi, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People... ok I am boring, lol ZZZzzz.
    -hobby, computer, walking, doing downloaded workouts
    Where would you visit if you could visit any place in the world!!? Paris France, Colombia, I don't know, lol
    -- and why? Paris, because I heard it was great. Colobia, we sponsor a child there

What are your favorite workout routines? like anything for the abs, glutes, and cardio.

RAMBLE ON MY FRIENDS!!
    i am crazy and happy.
    in it for the chalenge.
    :tongue:
  • triciavr77
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Tricia from Raleigh, NC.
    Fave Color: Black
    Fave Season: Fall
    Fave Food: Cheesecake (I have it every year for my birthday)
    Fave TV Show: Pretty much anything on HBO or Showtime, Big Bang Theory
    Fave Book: 11-22-63 by Stephen King, The Help by Katherine Stockett
    Hobbies: computer geek, cooking
    Fave workout routines: I just joined a gym literally 2 min from my home. I met w/ the trainer and got a workout plan that looks challenging. I need more strength training in my routine.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better
  • djbgmc06
    djbgmc06 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am 48 years old, married and a mother of four and living in Colorado.
    I really need t lose weight, once and for all! I have just had a hysterectomy with many complications, but I am just at the end of my recovery and am looking forward to being able to work out again.
    I would like to lose between 50 and 60lbs.
    I am looking forward to this challenge and getting to know you all,
    Thanks,
    Joanne
  • cfbjj1124
    cfbjj1124 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jessica! I live outside St Louis MO. I have been married for almost 11 years. I will be entering nursing school this fall. My goal is to become so much more fit and active and to ultimately lose weight. I have a ton to lose but I am focused and motivated to get it done! I have 2 pups...Fred and Barney! They are my babies! :smile: I can't wait to see where I am after these 15 weeks!
  • grace142
    grace142 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Grace, and I'm hoping to lose about 20 lbs during this challenge. The most I've ever lost at one time is about 5, so this will be a huge accomplishment for me!

I live in Missouri and my favorite color is yellow. I think I'm like the only one, since everyone I know hates yellow and thinks it's weird that I like it. My favorite season is spring, so yay! Favorite food is either any sort of pasta or queso dip, and my favorite TV show is Supernatural or the Walking Dead. I adore the Harry Potter books, and I really like painting and drawing.

Hmm... if I could visit any place in the world, it'd probably be France. I'm going there for the first time next spring, so I'm very excited! I'm currently super addicted to blogilates (any other POPsters out there?), and I've been following the march calendar. I'm going to start running soon, though, once the weather warms up! As said, I live in Missouri, and even though it's the end of March, we've just experienced a snow storm. -.-

I'm brand new (AKA no friends), so if anyone would like to add me, please feel free!
    Anywho, good luck everyone! I'm sure we'll all succeed in our goals!
  • McAmber84
    McAmber84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amber, and this is my first post on MFP! I am and always have been very overweight, and follow a cycle of losing 20 or so pounds, then gaining it all back and then some. I am super excited about this challenge! On February 1st, I started eating healthy and working out 5-6 times a week and lost 18 pounds. I hit a mini plateau, and had my husband hide the scale a few weeks ago, so I will weight first thing in the morning to get my starting weight, as well as post pictures.

I had a bad weekend, diet and exercise wise, and feel my motivation slipping, so I was VERY excited to log on and see this challenge. Hopefully it will give me the renewed motivation that enabled me to shed almost twenty pounds in February alone.

A brief history of me: I am 28, living in Baton Rouge, LA. I love reading and portrait photography. I'm married (no kids) with two spoiled pups: an English Bulldog named Bacon, and a Pug named Petrie. My husband is also on this weight loss journey with me, and I want to stay motivated for him. Living in South Louisiana, there is temptation around every corner, so he only eats healthy if I do.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone, and I wish everyone the strongest of wills to reach their goals!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm excited about this challenge. I'm 35 years old and been overweight since I was 13 years old. My overall goal for life is to lose 106 lbs. My goal for Spring Into Summer 2013 is to lose 37 lbs. from now. I have a 2 and a half year old daughter that is my inspiration for getting fit. My husband will appreciate it also. :) Anyway, I like reading and hiking and my favorite color is turquoise. Good luck everyone!
  • carrielofton
    carrielofton Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 37 years old. My husband & I will be married 10 years in May and our daughter will be 7 years old in May. We live in Indiana. My favorite cOlor is navy blue. I watch Dancing with the Stars and I love Zumba. Been doing Zumba for five weeks now and I do it twice a week and I truly enjoy it. Good luck everyone. O I hope to lose 25 lbs during this challenge.
  • emilymariev
    emilymariev Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    HELLO TEAM!

I'm Emily. I'm almost 28... yikes!
    I really want to lose between 50-80 lbs. I need to find my happy weight. :)

-Emily
  • PMDiva
    PMDiva Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm 52 years old from Georgia. Don't let the age fool you. I have done and continue to exciting things in my life. For example, I worked on cruise ships for over 6 years visiting places like Aruba, Tahiti, Bora Bora, San Juan, Puerto Rico, etc, etc. For the last two years, I have flown over 260 flights, visiting hospital Emergency Rooms updating their computer systems.

All of my life and I mean all of it, I have struggled big time with my weight!. During my lifetime, I have been called a lot of negative things and names because of my size. Even at 52, I'm tired of it. Also, my family medical history is terrible. I have been very blessed to not have illnesses other than joint issues and sciatica from herniated disk in 2011, which I am working on and eating cleaner and exercising regularly helps a lot. Finally, the 2nd week of January 2013, the light came on and I told myself, since I can give my profession and others my all and do it well, why can't I take care of myself and get rid of this weight once and for all? So, I am giving myself 365 days. I told myself, where I land on January 8, 2014, this is where I will be. In 1999, when I started my first cruise line jobs, I remember the ship nurse writing down 310 lbs. Since then, I have lost a hundred lbs, which I kept off except during the last few years, I had gained back to 245. Now, I am 217 lbs. I get upset because I lost so slow but I was wearing 18W jeans and they were tight in January. On Thursday, I was able to wear size 14 regular jeans, non-stretch.

During the challenge, I would love to lose at least 20 lbs to put me under 200. I have not been below 200 since I was a child. My birthday is in September and I have never given myself a birthday party. I would like to give myself a birthday party in September and come out looking fabulous.

Cynthia
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hello all! My name is Eava. I am on a constant yo-yo up and down losing/gaining the same 5-10 lbs. I am 55 and would love to lose 20 lbs. by my next birtyday (July). I saw this challenge and need motivaton. I am hoping to get inspired by all your wonderful stories. I have struggled with weight my entire life. It isn't going to be easy but I am determined to reach my goal with this challenge. :heart:
  • SallyJoT
    SallyJoT Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Sally. I am a busy Special Education Teacher, wife, and mommy to a 5 year old boy and 9 year old girl. I am looking forward to this challenge motivating me to eat cleaner, become stronger and more confident. I enjoy working out, especially strength training and I like to follow the Eat Clean plan. My downfall tend to be the need to plan ahead for the week. It is vital in order for me to be successful yet so frequently, it does not happen. I currently weigh somewhere around 158. My weight tends to go up and down 4 pounds day to day, hour to hour. However, I would like to loose about 20 pounds...I think. I am not really concerned with my weight as long as I am strong, healthy and happy with what I see in the mirror. Looking forward to hearing of everyone's successes. Best of luck to all!
    Sally
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Shari and I like just outside of Philadelphia, PA. I recently got married (October, 2012) and when I saw my wedding pictures I thought, OMG I need to lose this weight. (Yeah, most people do it before the wedding lol. I like to be different.) Anyway, I live with my wonderful husband and we have 2 cats. My favorite color is green although blue is starting to grow on me. I love food and my husband is a former chef and he loves to cook. Together we are working on making his cooking healthier for both of us to enjoy. I love to read and I LOVE the Philadelphia Phillies. I'm looking forward to planning a trip for our one year wedding anniversary before we start thinking about having some kids. Hoping to look better in my swimsuit by then!

Since joining MFP I have lost 13.8 pounds but I want to lose about 50-60 more. I'm excited for this challenge and I'd love to add more friends. Feel free to add me!