Monday 25th March!!! This is it!! Lets do this!!!!

Options
bethieb
bethieb Posts: 24 Member
Hey everyone!! So today is the official start date of our 15 week challenge! I for one plan to work extra hard this week to get some weight of, I'm aiming for even 1lb off and anything after that is a bonus!!! So what is everyone aiming to loose each week and how do you aim to do it? I got 1lb off last week and I'm well pleased with that. I have been doing the 30DS and today is my day 9 of level 1. I am going to finish my 30 day shred and then start on insanity. I'm excited, lets do this people!!!!!!!!! Are you excited??? xx

Replies

• stormy213
    stormy213 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Excited to start! My goal is at least 1 pound per week but 2 would be great. This time I am trying to take it one week at a time rather than saying I want to lose 20 pounds....small goals....baby steps. I plan to keep up my current workout routine of running, weight lifting and aerobics. More importantly, I am counting every morsel of food that touches my mouth and keeping track of my calories.

Good luck everyone!!!!!
  • McAmber84
    McAmber84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love the enthusiasm!

My goal is 2-3 pounds a week, should be breeze for someone my size (SW: 343, challenge SW: 324). In addition, I want to track EVERYTHING I EAT!! I have been slipping with that, and the movement of the scale shows it!

As for exercise, I am sticking with what has worked so far: 3 days at gym (30 minutes intense cardio, then machines)...Also, the days I don't do the gym, I do a couple miles on the treadmill at home, and 2-3 nights a week of 30DS with my husband.

Can't wait to see how everyone does!
  • Cara85K
    Cara85K Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm excited to start this!

My goal is to lose around 30 lbs. I think I can do this! I've been going at this pretty hard since the new year and have already lost 23 lbs. As for working out I start C25k a month ago and run Mon, Wed, Fri and I also do spinning Tues, Wed, Fri and then I try to get in some extra walking in there too. I like to hike so I try to go on a hike at least once a week! :)
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm going on a cruise with my family in August. My goal is to lose 25-30 pounds by that time (1.25 lbs/week). I'm hoping this will keep me motivated until summer starts.
  • mlcharb
    mlcharb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose about 1.5 pounds per week to get to my goal. I'm going to be tracking every bite and making sure to get my workouts in. I slacked off for the New Year challenge so I know I have to be more disciplined this go round. 15 weeks is a good amount of time to see results!
  • moniew24
    moniew24 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone I am really excited about this challenge, even got my husband on board.
  • joy5877
    joy5877 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Goal is to lose 1.5-2 pounds per week. I am so excited to get this one going! This is the final countdown to my daughter's wedding and I want to look and feel great for her big day. I am hoping to lose 24 pounds - I know that is high but that is what I want to do. I am going to stick to my regular exercises but maybe ramp it up some. I would like to try some fasting cardio in the AM if the weather ever gets nice enough!

Good luck to you all! So glad to have found such supportive and energetic people here on MFP!!!!
  • Makers72
    Makers72 Posts: 65
    Options
    Whats up everyone!

Starting weight is actually 308.8 my goal is to get to 235. That is about 4.5 pounds a week. (i started a few weeks ago at a higher weight and have been losing that consistantly)

I eat about 1800 cals a day, i also use a bodymedia armband which shows i burn anywhere from 3800-6000 cal's a day based on how active i am for that day.

Lets rock and roll my peeps.
  • Charbyte
    Charbyte Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    woke up and did Turbo Jam's 20 min workout and AB Jam. Now to get the feeding under control I had a gain over the weekend. So I'm starting behind the gate.

Looking forward to the challenge and getting to know folks.
  • tifalva
    tifalva Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!!

I am super excited to get this started. Past 2 months have been horrible for me, so I'm going to find a way to get this done, even if it is not at the intensity I would like in the beginning.

My goal is 2 pounds per week for a total loss of 30 pounds during this challenge. Hopefully I can do that. Good luck everyone!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My goal is 2+ lbs. a week. I usually walk 30 minutes 5 days a week and I've just started adding some low level strength training by way of modified push ups (starting with 5 and are they hard), crunches, and squats. Low reps on all of them for now. Also tracking all of my food intake. I anticipate reaching my challenge goal of 37 lbs. lost. Good luck everyone.
  • AngelavdH
    AngelavdH Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm excited as well. can only imagine how cool it will be in July to see everyone's before and after pictures and hopefully I will shine of happiness on it.

I put as goal to lose 15 lbs, so that's average 1 lbs per week and hopefully it's reachable! Some weeks I might lose less, but others more. Planning to go for long walks when it's warm outside again. Currently it's freezing, but that should be over within a week and then the fun starts.

I'm eating 1200 - 1600 kcal nett a day. I play badminton twice a week and do strength + condition work outs in the weekend. So only want to add long distance walks or long biking tours (up to 2 hours) next to it to make it go faster. And I just love to go outside in the sun so it's not a terrible work out ;).

We can do this!!!

P.S. If anyone feels like you are on the same path as me, please feel free to add me as friend :).
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Excited to get back on track.

My goal is 1-2 lbs per week. My workouts will mainly be running (as I am ramping up my mileage) and strength training (in prep for my Tough Mudder in May). I also will be tracking everything I eat and need to focus on my water intake.

Good Luck Everyone :drinker:
  • djbgmc06
    djbgmc06 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I am excited to start this challenge. I had a hysterectomy (with many complications) 8 weeks ago today. It has been a tough few weeks,! I can now start to add a little exercise and hopefully because I can do more, I won't keep eating :) A few weeks before my surgery I felt I was on track with my weight loss journey, but it all got derailed, so I am now hoping to get on track with this challenge!

I would like to lose 2lbs a week if I can. I would like to lose 40lbs on this challenge ideally, but would take 30.

Please feel free to add me as a friend :)

Good Luck to all,
    Joanne
  • callmeLuna
    callmeLuna Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Let's Do This!

tumblr_m85aynT6zw1qm6wolo1_1280.jpg
  • hifromjamers1984
    hifromjamers1984 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good morning/afternoon/evening lovlies!

So glad that the challenge is starting! My mini goal is to be smaller than I am right now (measurement wise - scale wise I'm losing that war) and in the lower end of double digit pant sizes (currently between a US 14-16 but I can squeeze into a 11/12 if need be) by the time that my cousin graduates High School on May 26. For the remainder of the challenge I am just looking to lose whatever weight and body fat that I can.

I workout with a personal trainer 1 day a week and I get TONS of homework from him. I work third shift so I spend a lot of time at my gym when everyone else should be sleeping. I also have a dog who is going to be getting TONS of walks!

Feel free to add me if you want. Just leave me a message that you are from this challenge please :)

Jamie
  • sharnut751
    sharnut751 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to be a part of this challenge! I'm looking to lose about 1lb per week but anything over that will be a nice bonus (slow and steady wins the race). Good luck to everyone!
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm hoping to lose at least 1 pound a week. I actually lost 3 pounds in the week leading up to the challenge, so I'm pretty excited about that :) As for exercise, I am currently training for a half marathon on May 4, so I run 3 days a week and do strength training one other day. Good luck to everyone!
  • lizp114
    lizp114 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, if you haven't added me please feel free to do so. I want us to support each other as much as possible and just keep each other motivated. Normally I just check my weight on the 1st of each month so this weekly thing is gonna take some getting use to. I'm only going to log my weight loss monthly tho on myfitnesspal weigh in, but weekly with the challenge group, my goal is to lose 2-3 pounds a week but we will see how it goes...might be more :) good luck everyone...we got this.
  • msmimi
    msmimi Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited! This is exactly what I needed to get this ball rolling!