Anyone Need/Want Support Juicing?

Options
Vogela824
Vogela824 Posts: 55 Member
Today is only my 2 day juicing, and I met someone who is really dedicated already, but I wanted to expand my juicing fast friends!!! Anyone need encouragement or could help give me some? I'm really new to this kind of lifestyle as I've never been successful with fasts/detoxing before, but juicing seems so healthy and even though I feel tired, I don't feel bad.

I was hoping I could find some early beginners like me, and maybe some pros who have been doing this a while! ;]

My goal is to make it to 10 days at least and 60 days altogether if I feel like I can...

Replies

• Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I did a 10 day juice fast a few months ago and i am planning another 7-10 day fast in April. :drinker:
  • libby571
    libby571 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new at juicing, just started this week. How do you do the calories on MFP? I have just been inputting all the fruit and veggies but I know that the calories should be less since it is just the juice. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.
  • Vogela824
    Options
    @Querian Thanks a lot! I'll be looking forward to see your progress in April!!

@efritts I have been able to find a lot of homemade juices already in the food database and I just choose the closest one to mine. I try to keep my juices to one or two things just so it's easier to find a match. You can check out my food diary, since it's open to see what I do! :) If you have any other questions just message me and I'll help out anyway I can! ♥
  • cwenrick
    cwenrick Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey all!!

I am new to this. I tried one day (today) just to see how I'd feel. Mind you I took a turbo kickboxing class (not a good choice)

I've had a headache since dinner time...laying in bed, and it wont go away. I had 3 juices, plus added vegan protein. Additionally, I grabbed a "Naked" Protein, No sugar added on the way home from the gym.

Question 1: Have you experienced these headaches? Are they normal? What are some of the "side effects" of a juice cleanse you have experienced so far.

Question 2: Is working out ok on what seems like such little?

Thanks, and I hope to start and do a proper juice cleanse soon!
  • Vogela824
    Options
    @cwenrick Don't worry!! I had the same reaction my first day...

To answer question 1, I felt awful the first day once my high of getting healthy wore off. I workout A LOT my first day (you know, being "pumped" and all from starting my juicing fast) and by nighttime, I had a headache you wouldn't believe. Mind you, I don't ever drink near enough water, so I was assuming it was that, but maybe not. BUT you are not alone. I've heard the first 5 days or so can be tough, because the body's adjusting, but after you feel so energized! I haven't had a headache like that since the first day, which I think means my body's adapting to it.

To answer question 2, I'm planning on still working out during juicing, but I'm going to focus more on strength training than cardio since I feel like I exert myself too much for cardio, but when I do the machines for toning muscle I can last longer and don't feel so drained of energy. Maybe once I get further in, I'll incorporate it more, but I've never really been good at it anyway, so we'll see. :)

I hope this helps!! Can't wait to see where you are when you reach your goal! ♥
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    On my last juice fast I think the first 3 days were pretty rough and I felt lousy. Starting on the 4th day my headaches disappeared and I felt really good, although low energy. I continued working out for the 10 day fast but I took it easy. I had only fresh homemade juices and coconut water, no other supplements or anything. :drinker:
  • TheKetoChica
    TheKetoChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 32 but would love to join the group.

Rivka
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a 3 day juice fast and would love (read that NEED) all the support I can get!

I've been juicing for about two months now, but I haven't done an actual juice fast yet. After this weekend (date night with the husband and just poor choices all around) I think I need to reboot my tastebuds... pronto!

I have today off, and plan on having FAT, SICK & NEARLY DEAD and HUNGRY FOR CHANGE running non-stop through the day.

Here goes nothing!

PS - You all impress me!! And 32 days, Rivka?! How awesome are you?! :)
  • TheKetoChica
    TheKetoChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Lika50,

You can do this!! Once that 3rd day is gone it becomes very easy and a no brainier.

After that 3rd day for me I was like " why dind't I do this before?". It was my a-ha moment.

Let me know if you need anything.

Rivka
  • Tri4Happylife
    Tri4Happylife Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    One of my friend passed away to cancer in February and I started reading a lot about how to get a healthier lifestyle, I started juicing and it's amazing how wonderful I feel...

30 pounds gone since Feb 10th!

I exercise as well, no more need for coffee, sleep good, focus well at work, great skin! I love it...

Keep doing the good work everybody!
  • lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Rivka!
  • greenl1
    greenl1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am brand new to fitnesspal so bear with me on the mechanics of the website.

I am starting a 30 day juice fast today. I have been incorporating juicing into my diet slowly trying to adapt to the flavor and ideas of using juices for meals. I am very excited and nervous and was seeking a community that I could talk to about fasting.

The only two questions I have is about pineapples and herbal tea, is it bad to use pineapple instead of apples in a juice? I find they are just as sweet but cost a lot less to sweeten a juice. Another thing is herbal teas. I love coffee but decided to give it up, can I have tea instead (green or black), of course without sugar?

Thanks again and I do know a bit about juicing so I may be able to answer questions about portions and recipes.
  • greenl1
    greenl1 Posts: 2
    Options
    13026364.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

AHH see here is a mechanical issue lol I forgot my tracker signature
  • Kelibur
    Kelibur Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I watched Hungry For Change quite a while ago and was quite excited to get on board. As usual, I fell of the wagon after 2 weeks and have been dragging behind it for the last couple months. Gained weight and feel like crap. Watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and am once again climbing on the wagon. I love smoothies and fruit juicing but finally braved a green juice and liked it! Hoping I can stay on the wagon this time around and make some life changes that are very very necessary.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    One of my friend passed away to cancer in February and I started reading a lot about how to get a healthier lifestyle, I started juicing and it's amazing how wonderful I feel...

30 pounds gone since Feb 10th!

I exercise as well, no more need for coffee, sleep good, focus well at work, great skin! I love it...

Keep doing the good work everybody!

I'm so sorry for your loss but glad you are taking control of your health. Are you fasting or just adding juice into your regular diet?
  • FemmeFire
    FemmeFire Posts: 49
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like, I'm on day 3, 2 juices per day and one meal since I'm learning to run and also follow a rigorous weight training routine.
  • katied37
    katied37 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi, everyone! I am on Day 5 of a juice fast. This is my first juice fast and I would love to make it to 10 days. The reason I started this juice fast is because I have suffered from Ulcerative Colitis (UC) for the past three years or so. Six months ago, I started eating a plant-based whole foods diet almost 100% of the time, and was actually able to quit taking all of my medications within just a few months. While it is WONDERFUL to be medication-free, I was also hoping to lose a bit of weight through my clean eating habits. However, it just wasn't happening. I was only about 15 pounds overweight (I'm barely over 5 feet tall) but the scale just would not budge. I was eating about 90% clean (fresh produce, beans, and some whole grains) and working out five days a week. So frustrating!!!!! After speaking with various professionals in the health and wellness fields, I started thinking that maybe my colon hadn't completely healed after three years of dealing with UC. Maybe I was taking in all these amazing nutrients every day, but not absorbing them to their fullest potential. I was fatigued all the time, my face was breaking out, and I couldn't lose the weight, no matter how hard I tried.

Enter juice fasting! This might be the rest my digestive system needs in order to completely heal and allow my body to function as it should. Since starting the juice fast 5 days ago, my skin is clearning, I have so much more energy, and I don't have that bloated feeling I had become accustomed to. Oh, and I've already lost 7.5 pounds! I love it.

I'm drinking 3-4 juices per day (breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, and dinner). Each juice is probably around 12 oz, but sometimes more if I'm really hungry. I had barely any detox symptoms, I think since I was already eating pretty clean. Just a little tired (but not in that gross, fatigued way). I'm also drinking a lot of herbal tea - I like Tazo Refresh.

It really is amazing how the body can heal if we just give it a chance. I honestly felt like such a healthy person trapped in this unhealthy body. I feel so grateful that I discovered this. :)
  • katied37
    Options
    I guess what I will probably need support with is keeping the weight loss going after the juice fast is complete. I don't expect to reach my goal on juice fasting alone, but I'm worried that the weight will come right back the second I return to solid food. Anyone have any experience with this or words of wisdom?
  • okiemorse
    Options
    Hi wondering how you are doing with your juice fast? Just starting mine today.
  • katied37
    Options
    Hi wondering how you are doing with your juice fast? Just starting mine today.

Thanks for checking in! I am on Day 8 today. I was okay for the first few days. No real detox symptoms other than being tired and cold. I was already eating a pretty clean diet though. Days 6-7 were HARD. I was exhausted and craving food like crazy. I almost gave up, but I figured that this was my body telling me that whatever detoxing was going on was not finished yet. I am going to stick it out to the 10 day mark, I think. That means my last day will be Sunday and I am so excited for food.

All in all, I'm feeling very good. My energy is good, I'm not starving, my face is no longer breaking out, and I am sleeping great at night. I've also lost about 8 pounds, though I seem to have hit a little plateau in the last couple days. Hopefully a couple more pounds come off in the last two days of the fast!

How's it going for you?