Introductions

Options
TLTucker80
TLTucker80 Posts: 123 Member
Hello everyone. I would love for everyone to introduce themselves to everyone. So please tell us as much or as little about yourself as you would like. I will start us off.......................

Hi, my name is Tammy and I am 32 years old. I live in Louisiana with my wonderful husband Dennis and our 2 wonderful children, Kenneth who is 14 and Sabrina who is 12. Right now I am a stay at home mom, but I might be starting to do some of the bookkeeping for the company that my husband works for, it will only be for a few days a week. Something to get me out of the house for a little while each week. I am 5ft 3in and I weigh 229 pounds. I started my weight loss journey on January 4th weighing 255 pounds so I have lost 26 pounds so far ( yay me). My goal is to weigh 130 pounds when I finish this journey and start my next one of maintaining lol.

Also, I would like this group to be more than just a weight loss friendship. I would like us all to help and support each other with any problem, issue, or anything else that happens. For some people, we did not get to where we are now just by food. There are things that happens in our everyday lives that has contributed to our weight gain ( I am one of these people). So please feel free to talk about anything you like at any time.

Replies

• AmyHammons1
    AmyHammons1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Greetings all. I'm 37 and live in Cincinnati with my two children and husband. I'm an LMT part time and manage our busy lives the rest of the time as best I can. Last year I participated in a weight loss challenge at my gym and won 1st place (by 1 pound) in total pounds lost! Hopefully this group will provide the much needed motiviation to lose the remainder.

I've also set a VERY lofty goal of running a full marathon by 2014. So far I've done 5ks, 10ks, and a 15k. This May I will run in the Flying Pig Half Marathon.

In terms of diet, I find the Body by Vi program what works for me. I plan on starting up another 90 day challenge on Monday. My goal is to get to 130 (that's just about -10 lbs).

Good luck to everyone!
  • leishamaree
    leishamaree Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi! Im Aleisha from Wellington, New Zealand. I am 28 and live with my hubby & our 2.5 year old daughter.

I started my weight loss journey in May 2011 at 108.2kgs (238lb) and currently weigh 79.5kg (175lb) so doing ok with around 63lbs down, and between 12 & 20lb to go (not sure where I want to get down to). I am 5"6 (and a half), I do a mix of cardio & resistance/weight training 4 times a week.

Not here to be competitive, but to find friends & motivation :-)
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I'm Amy. I have been married for 37 years and have 2 grown daughters, one is married with 2 little ones. My husband and I decided to retire 3 years ago to enjoy life. We bought a house on some acreage out in the country and are enjoying a nice quiet life with our family. I was a stay at home mom for many years but went back to work when the youngest was 12. I worked in high end furniture sales for years. It was a demanding job, that sometimes went home with me. My husband discovered he has polyneuropathy a few years ago and needed to slow down. I think his being a very active person is one reason why it hasn't progressed as much. Last summer I tore my rotator cuff probably from being out of shape. I went through 6 months of agony with that. I had physical therapy for 3 months. That ended in January and then I was on my own to take it the rest of the way. I started lifting weights. I do not want to go through that again. My weight has really crept up since I retired. At Christmas I weighed 165 and could not get my size 14 dress pants buttoned comfortably. That was the last straw for me. I decided once I was through with PT in January I was turning over a new leaf and getting fit and healthy. I now weigh 147 and would like to be in the 125-130 range. I want to get rid of the belly fat since that is associated with heart disease and diabetes. I have actually had a good life. We lost our youngest daughter at 21, 10 years ago, that has been the worst thing, but it caused me not eat and lose weight. My problem is I love, soda and junk food more than healthy food. I could seriously eat 6 Krispy Kreme donuts a day and drink a 2 litre coke. That would be my food for the whole day, 6 donuts.
  • lemonhead66
    lemonhead66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

My name is Jennifer and I have 4 children. I was pretty ;happy with my weight until about 7 years ago when I had my 3 little boy. I always gain lots of weight when pregnant but this time I was 41, then because that was so much fun I had a little girl 3 years later and to top it off I had a hysterectomy 1 year later. I think my body said enough and just got stuck and I really didn't care. My children are very active and I want to be an example of health for all of them. My oldest son recently became engaged and I want to look good at his wedding. I ran my first half marathon a year ago and am planning on doing another one. I need to be accountable and so far have met some awesome people on MFP.
  • Lakers24Girl
    Lakers24Girl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!
    My name is Rachelle and I'm from Virginia! I am married and we have a 7 year old son and a 2 year old daughter. They are amazing kids. (At least I think so anyways!!) :) I work at Geek Squad part time fixing computers and I absolutely LOVE it! Anyways, I am looking to get back down into the 120s weight range so I have about 30lbs to go! I look forward to losing weight and getting fit with all of you!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Karen I am from icy cold Regina SK, waiting for Spring haha, anyway I have 2 children girl 12 and boy 10, I have struggled my whole life with my weight. I had lost 60 lbs befor I met my husband but after we go married I gained it back and more. I need to be healthy for my kids and family also myself. I have booked a trip to Disneyworld for the end of Aug. and I need to have most of my weight off by then, so I don't pass out walking around the parks.
  • lisam625
    lisam625 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    My name is Lisa. I am a stay at home mom to 4 awesome kids. Ages 14, 12, 3 & 7 months.
    I am having NO MORE kiddos so now it's all about me....for once! Taking my body back! I weigh 188 to 190 pounds and just cant seem to break it. My son is now 7 months old and I still weigh the same as the week after I had him! I was diagnosed with post partum depression at my 6 week appt. Ive been on Zoloft ever since. I really really want to wean myself off because I think its making things harder for me to lose weight. I do 20 to 40 minutes of circuit workouts 3 to 4 times a week and am very active with all the kids and household. I starting using MFP in January to track my calories and WOW! A wake up call!...but since eating better and working out....I just cant get that scale to move. Ive been so frustrated and de motivated. I need some kind of challenge to keep myself going. I am starting to have the why bother....why not just eat oreo's if im not going to lose weight anyway attitude. No bueno!!
    Oh yea, and I live in Virginia. We have lived here since July....moved from Orlando, FL. Yea, I miss Orlando :( But, God had other plans and provided my husband with a great job here in wonderful Virginia!!
    Cant wait to get to meet all of you!
  • nursemegan
    nursemegan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan, I'm 36, and I'm from Michigan. I joined MFP over a year ago, but at the time didn't do much with it, I wasn't ready I guess. I'm ready now, and last weekend ran my first 5K, after training for only about 5-6 weeks. I have a very supportive husband who has been helping me figure out the eating part of my new lifestyle, he also is my "coach" when it comes to running. Not that he runs, but he hangs out with me while I run on our treadmill and helps keep me motivated when I start hitting the wall. My latest motivator is that I recently went for a plastic surgery consult to talk about getting a breast reduction (I've had back, neck, and shoulder pain for as long as I can remember) and was told my BMI was way too high per the insurance company requirements. I have two little boys that I want to be active for, I can't run around with them as much as I want to. I'm tired of having a very limited wardrobe because nothing in my closet fits and I refuse to buy larger clothes. I will be running my second 5K in a month and hope to get another personal best!
  • boonies76
    boonies76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 55 years old, will be married 36 years on April 2, have 3 wonderful sons (with 3 wonderful daughters-in-law), 3 beautiful granddaughters, 3 step children and 2 fun loving puppies. I live in NW Iowa and am so ready for warm weather. I had lost 25 pounds back in 2005 with weight watchers and around 2008 started gaining it all back. So I started the journey weighing 165 again and am hoping to lose those stubborn 25 lbs again for good. Last week when I weighed I was down to 161.5, but had kind of a rough weekend where I didn't track my calories and now with Easter coming up I feel a set back will probably happen. I know too much negative thinking, so I'm hoping for some encouragement.

I try to go to our fitness center at least 3-4 times a week and also trying to do some Leslie Sansone walking at home. Happy to be on this journey with all of you...let's do it!!!!
  • loseitallformenow
    loseitallformenow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello ~

My name is Marley. I am a mother, wife and grandmother. I am 50 and have struggled with my weight for the last twenty years. I have only once really tried to lose weight during these years, I did and within three months I gained it all bad.

Marley
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    @Megan, I live in Michigan too.
  • estherballerina
    estherballerina Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    hi my name is esther and i want to lose weight. not much else to say right now, but excited to begin this journey for real this time!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. My name is Sunshine I am 33, married to Chuck. We have 4 beautiful children ages 15, 11, 9, and 3. We live in the awesome state of Missouri.

In 2005 I weighed 330 pds, I decided enough was enough and I lost 138pds! I maintained that loss for almost 5 years when I became pregnant with my 4th baby. I slacked off and didnt try and gained back up to 271 pds. I started to finally after 3 years take control again and so far have lost 16 pds in 4 weeks. My weight starting this is 255 pds!

Good luck to everyone, we can do this!
  • CJMommyof2
    CJMommyof2 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is CJ and I am a mother to two amazing kids and a wife to a great husband! I work full time and over the last five years I have slacked on things and really let myself go. I went from 140 lbs five years ago to 220 lbs and decided enough was enough and that I need to take back control of my life so that I can be the mom and wife my family deserves, as well as the doggy mom my dogs deserve as I have really slacked on helping them get the exercise they need as well!