Do you believe in cheat or treat meals

Options
Do you believe in cheat or treat meals during a weight loss prep or bulking? Please share how you work through cravings or enjoy certain foods that may be considered "unclean"

Replies

• Chocol8teThunder
    Chocol8teThunder Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I no longer believe in cheat days but I still eat what I want even in contest prep.

This video by mattybfusaronwasnreallynfreding

http://youtu.be/hTcQYqHcDTQ
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Here are two opinions from my news feeds:

imchicbad Yes! Only once a month
    1 hour ago · Delete

Byrdsong1920 I use to do once a week cheat meal...now I just find alternatives to my favs. I love oatmeal cc cookies,mso found a protein version made with unsweetened apple sauce ...hit the spot! Also love my carrot cake protein bars...hits the sweet spot. If I have something 'bad" it's in moderation
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    More thoughts from the army

Byrdsong1920 I use to do once a week cheat meal...now I just find alternatives to my favs. I love oatmeal cc cookies,mso found a protein version made with unsweetened apple sauce ...hit the spot! Also love my carrot cake protein bars...hits the sweet spot. If I have something 'bad" it's in moderation
    11 hours ago · Delete

dabascom Loved the video! I try not to call them "cheat" meals as much as "carb up" meals. I find they help me keep my metabolism modulated,add some variety to my nutrition and give me an energy boost. Like Byrdsong1920 I try to keep them "clean" but I will indulge and usually align this meal with time out with friends.
    3 hours ago · Delete
  • BigRedgw2010
    BigRedgw2010 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I don't any more when I get ready for a contest. It's a stict diet for photo shoots and contest, then after that day I am heading to McDs. LOL
  • Chocol8teThunder
    Options
    Naw BigRed that cheat meal after a show is a necessary evil
  • Annaruthus
    Annaruthus Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Up until 4 weeks out from the show, I had a cheat meal. It would be something clean though, like my homemade whole wheat crust pizza! We would also go to Ruby Tuesday's or IHOP because they have healthier alternatives. My body is accustomed to clean foods, so if I try to eat really badly I end up suffering for it shortly thereafter. I don't feel the urge to go and stuff my face at McD's anymore; the thought actually sickens me.

I think the longer you eat clean and find tasty alternatives to "dirty" foods, the less likely you are to need what most people consider a cheat meal.

I have never had a cheat day. That is absurd!