Introduce yourself

Options
lkgarza
lkgarza Posts: 56 Member
Hi!

I'm Lauren Garza. I started this group in hopes of finding others looking to kick their sugar addiction! I do good for a week or 2 and then fall back into old habits!

I used to eat a whole bag of mini Reese's in a night or two. I don't do that anymore, but I still have the habit of sweet treats after lunch and dinner and on weekends. I can eat so well all day and kill it with ice cream or chocolate at 10 pm.

I find I do the best when I am in a challenge group or mini challenge to just say NO for a set amount of time. Without the accountability, I fall off easily.

I have SEEN how my body can look without sugar. I have FELT that amazing, lean feeling of a week of good workouts and good fuel(foods) without sugar. I know making this a priority in my daily life will make all the changes I want to see in my mind and body!

I am loking forward to getting to know and help others looking to do the same.

Replies

• kasee613
    kasee613 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Lauren, I'm Kasee. Lets help each other kick this habit. I'm tired of feeling like I'm going to pull my hair out if I don't eat that giant piece of cake. That's really how bad my cravings are. :-O
  • SharonFat48andfit
    Options
    Hello everyone - this group was started at the perfect time. I started a plan this week to tame the sugar fairy once and for all. It is the thing that trips me up more than anything. I know what control over sugar can do for my self confidence and my body so am ready to work together toward success.
  • teacupsandcandy
    Options
    Hi,

I am currently trying to kick my sugar addiction. I have always had a sweet tooth and when I start eating chocolate and biscuits in particular I just cant stop. I end up feeling so annoyed and upset with myself. I am currently on day 5 of my latest attempt to quit - which i would hope is my last. Although i am only trying to quit specific items at a time in the hope that this way make me succeed this time.
  • chloejaneg1007
    Options
    Hi, my name is Chloe :)

i just came across this group! i LOVE Sugar!, chocolate mainly and cookies. I crave it so bad some days and i give in thinking just a little but then that will lead to me wanting more. i vow to be good starting monday again and by friday i find my self needing it again!

i have done really good in the past avoiding it for quite a while and just treating myself, but i tend to binge if i do have some.

i just need extra support to stay away!
  • Blondgoddess
    Options
    Hello! My name is Amanda. I grew up here in the Reno, NV area. I have lived in Spanish Springs, Pyramid Lake, South Reno, Mayberry, etc. I'm 21 years old. I currently go to Western Nevada College.
  • lkgarza
    lkgarza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Do you have a time of day when it's the worst?
  • celieboo
    celieboo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Denise. I am 33 and my nemesis is sour and tart candy. I have been clean for 2 days. Hoping to hold on longer and not give in to Easter candy!
  • cai1961
    cai1961 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been really good this week,but with Easter this weekend and all those Cadbury mini eggs I'm going to need a lot of help next week!! I'm having about 15 people over this weekend for Easter. This is going to be my first test for portion control, saying no to all the appetizers, desserts, drinks...I guess everything in moderation!!!
  • Jonatshaja
    Jonatshaja Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi my name is Sharee and I am addicted to sugar! Almost anything sweet I love!!
    Skittles and just about any kind of candy...and to make it worst, I have a sit down job...
    A stressful sit down job, so I eat lots of candy to curb it.

Looking for ways to detox and kick this sugar addiction!
  • Lauracharder
    Lauracharder Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Laura... and i am addicted to sugar..... aggghhhh! Trying to follow the 100 diet where you only have 100 calories of sugar (25 g) and am in need of ideas to curb my sugar cravings.
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.. I'm Toria, from NC. My goal each day is to have no sweets. This week I had 2 successful days and 2 unsuccessful days. I am taking it day by day.

Besides the unhealthy calories and sugar peaks and falls, my sugar addition is wreaking havoc on my digestive system and my skin. I've been feeling awful lately and the catalyst for it was an ice cream binge a week ago.

Sugar just isn't worth feeling so awful. I've also learned this with dairy as well. and ice cream is the worst for me, and of course it's my go-to.

I'm glad for the support here because this is not easy!
  • Zamba74
    Zamba74 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not sure if this group is still going on but would love some friends to check in with while trying to keep my sugar intake down. I've fallen off the wagon with my fitness pal and really need to get back on track.
  • aasierraalta
    aasierraalta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm Ada. I'm 21 and almost done with college. I'm trying to set up good habits for when I'm not in school anymore and summer is a good time for me to set the pace for my nutrition.

When I eat whatever I want (have a glass of wine every night, eat a cookie, have cereal for breakfast... and CHOCOLATE CANDY!!!) I just don't FEEL as good as I do when I'm eating clean. I'm pretty sure its the sugar and the carbs that make my blood sugar go all wacky.

So my goal this year (and then, every year) is to be able to control my sugar cravings and be consciously able to choose wisely between the choices that I encounter when I'm out with friends or cooking with my roommates. I want to be in control... I know what it's like to tell myself that indulging with food means having a whole pint of ice cream or eating a whole batch of cookies and milk.

Not anymore!! I'm committed to this lifestyle and I won't let myself get back on the Sugar Train to unhealthy-town.

I just know that dark chocolate is totally allowed. TOTALLY.