Hi I'm New :)

Options
6hourwalks
6hourwalks Posts: 44 Member
Hi I'm Paul :)

I have been running for a week. I can only run 3.2 km. Do you think I could enter a half marathon with 6 months of training?

Thanks!

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    totally possible to do it in 20 weeks.

but you have to train smart.

I trained for my 1st half last year in about 16 weeks and i was only running 3 days a week.

(http://www.halhigdon.com/assets/_legacy/halfmarathon/halfnovice.pdf)
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    Hi Paul,

I'm planning on doing one in 10 weeks! The longest i have run is 8km and i only started running this year. So i hope it's possible :)
  • JScar1964
    JScar1964 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul,

I'm planning on doing one in 10 weeks! The longest i have run is 8km and i only started running this year. So i hope it's possible :)

I'm on a 16 week routine. Started week 3 today. Good Luck
  • brenstar05
    brenstar05 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I think you can definitely do it, if you train well... I have seen a Couch to Half-Marathon plan that is 6 months long. These are generally for people who do not run often or have just started running. You may want to check out that type of program. Good luck!! :)
  • yogibella
    yogibella Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hi Paul:) I've been running for less than a year and training for my first 1/2! But I couldn't run a 3K off the bat...I think that you definitly can do it. Only concerns would be injuries and like others say, having a good training plan.

Check out the book 'Marathoning for Mortals' by John Bingham/Jenny Hadfield. It's a good read and has a variety of training plans for all different levels of runners for the 1/2 & full.

Best of luck!