Weekly Chat Thread- Mon 3/25-Sun 3/31

Options
rachpetersen
rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
good morning ladies!!! hope everyone is feeling wonderful today and ready to FIRE IT UP!!! did my HIIT 15 and stretch 10 today and am feeling amazing!! Let's make it a fantabular week everyone!! YOU ARE NOT TIRED!!!

Replies

• cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Ive got Fire 45 and Stretch 10 to complete this afternoon, wish me luck! Ha ha
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    hello girls!! Today my scheduled workout is 45ez. What's week 8 on your schedules named? Mine is a schedule I got off someone's blog that stretched to 20 weeks and includes the advanced workouts. The workouts look less and easier, maybe a recovery week or something? 55ez isn't on there at all- there's fire 45ez three times, Core 20 twice, and fire 30 once- no strength workouts and the stretch 10's been added back in. It's hard to accept that I'm supposed to do less the week before I do 60 day photos! LOL. (I can't believe I'm saying that- 60 DAY PHOTOS!!).

Should be an interesting week anyhow, I won't be able to stick to the TF schedule Tues, Wed or Thurs because I'll be out of town. I'm on vacation this week from work, so I'm going down to the oregon coast to a spa resort for a couple of nights for a getaway with my mom. I'm excited! I haven't been down to the oregon coast in quite awhile. The resort DOES have a gym though, so I may still be able to get cardio in. Question is, do I stray from the schedule and do weights since they'll be available to me or stick to the schedule no matter what? I can just do equal cardio lengths on the treadmill or something.
  • rachpetersen
    Options
    @starlage yes the schedule is correct, you should have a recovery week every 4 weeks. i would stick with the schedule but if you are out of town use what you have available to you. the cardio in turbofire is not strictly just aerobics as you use a lot of your own weight against yourself which participates in strength training as well so doing a few weights at the gym wouldn't hurt.
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    HIIT 30/Sculpt 30 - killed the HIIT workout, but struggled through the Sculpt.
    I think the last week of every month was an easier, recovery week. I'm not sure for the logic of that right before progress photos and measurements either, but I followed the calander for the most part just switching the days of some workouts & rest days to fit my schedule.
    Week 20 is pretty easy too, 2 rest days, Stretch 40/Abs 10 twice and no HIITs?! I'm still trying to make up for the extra rest days of last week so I can complete the program with my last workout landing on March 31st and taking my final results the next morning.
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Today is Week 3, Day 4, which means I have a HIIT this afternoon with I think Tone 30. I weighed myself over the weekend and after 2 weeks I am down 2lbs! I also lost .5 inches in my waist! I am doing additional cardio during the week as well, which might affect that. All I know is, I am feeling great, and looking forward to TurboFire this afternoon!
  • lremi
    lremi Posts: 59
    Options
    Today was week 4 day 1 for me Fire 45. My ankles and tops of my feet are getting sore I think it's time for new sneakers. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • cnlargent
    Options
    Fire 45 in the bag, good lord - 492 calories just in those 45 minutes. I turn the HRM off for Streetch 10 and such, but I'm sure with my heart rate as high as it was that I got some extra calorie burn.

@Iremi - I just *cant* wear shoes during Turbo Fire...I'm fine shoeless, no pain or anything, but if I put my shoes on, my feet start hurting. Anyone else do TF shoeless?
  • lremi
    Options
    Normally, I am shoeless but all the jumping is getting to me I need something to absorb the shock :(
  • rachpetersen
    Options
    absolutely can't go shoeless...don't wanna ruin my knees for later in life...all that bouncing and jumping needs to be absorbed by something other than your joints.
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire Day 32 - Fire 30 and Tone 30 DONE!

Today's workout is monumental for me. Not because of which workout I did, but simply because today marks 32 days of doing Turbo Fire! I have not make it past 30 days of ANY workout program in at least 3 years. So the fact that I made it to day 32, and had to get up 15 minutes earlier and do a DOUBLE workout, is huge! But I did it with a smile on my face. And now....I'm exhausted! Lol

Monie
  • Poeticmoe
    Poeticmoe Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Today was week 4 day 1 for me Fire 45. My ankles and tops of my feet are getting sore I think it's time for new sneakers. Anyone have any suggestions?

I just bought Asics Gel Blur 33 over the weekend and I LOVE this shoe! I was also having pain in the heels of my feet and the balls of my feet. Since I bought these new Asics, my feet feel fine. The support is amazing and the cushion is comfy on my feet.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    used my new weighted gloves with Fire 60 last night. OMG, those things are no joke. did not think .5lb would make such a big difference, like Chalene says at the end, there wasn't a dry spot on me, it was like I took a shower.
  • rachpetersen
    Options
    used my new weighted gloves with Fire 60 last night. OMG, those things are no joke. did not think .5lb would make such a big difference, like Chalene says at the end, there wasn't a dry spot on me, it was like I took a shower.
    that is so awesome!! may buy the weighted gloves in the future or maybe wait until i buy chalean extreme...i think the gloves come with the package!
  • cnlargent
    Options
    I've thought about adding weighted gloves too :)
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've thought about adding weighted gloves too :)

I had been using 1lb ankle and wrist weights, but the wrist weights would sometimes turn off my HRM when I did the punching moves. Found a pair of 1.5lb weighted gloves at Walmart for about $10. Also I normally burn about 500 calories doing Fire 60, last night I burned an extra 30+ calories. Tonight is 45EZ, lets see how many extra calories I can burn!
  • lremi
    Options
    [/quote]

I just bought Asics Gel Blur 33 over the weekend and I LOVE this shoe! I was also having pain in the heels of my feet and the balls of my feet. Since I bought these new Asics, my feet feel fine. The support is amazing and the cushion is comfy on my feet.
    [/quote]
    Apparently I broke my quote box :grumble:

Those look awesome and such great colors.....now I have shoe lust.

In other news, hiit 20/10 done! Tomorrow is rest day woohoo!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Vacation to oregon has been cancelled, so here I am! It's fine, no biggie.

Core 20 and MTV yoga for 40 mins (which I like better than stretch 40) done!
  • parnyparn
    parnyparn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    After taking an entire week off due to a bout of this stomach pain which my dr cant diagnose a bunch of test still on strong antibiotics. I am back in the game. I restarted week 5 with my 14 yr old daughter and i so missed Chalene's voice.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Did Fire 45/stretch yesterday. Today was Core 29/stretch. I always get so shaky after this HIIT. Must be a good thing. After this week I will have done this for 30 days. I just can't believe I am really doing this. Yay me! Determined to do all 90days and possibly beyond (probably) as scheduled.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies, I did fire 45ez today and CLX abs. I did Fire 45ez with weighted gloves. Those things add some extra burn for sure. I worked my arms yesturday so it was even more killer then usal. I really like using them and it changed up the workout, which was so needed. I recomend them if you are either about to start week 13 (advanced workouts) or if you are starting the whole 12 weeks over again. I got mine at kmart, belive it or not the beachbody ones got really crappy reveiws. I think i paid $10 for mine and they work so saves my money with no shipping and half the cost. Got to love saving money :) Keep pushing play!!!!!