Peeps!

Options
idauria
idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
Ugh, I just ate one. I totally regret it because it was so gross. I wish I could throw it up and get my calories back.

Replies

• LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I love peeps... :huh:

Besides, it was just one. Even if you ate 10 of them, it's not the end of the world.
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love peeps too! My boyfriend things they're disgusting. Over the weekend as a joke I decided I was going to make him a peep easter wreath for his door. I had it 2/3 complete when we had to leave to run some errands so I put it in the oven to keep the cats away. When we got back later in the day I was getting ready to make dinner and preheated the oven...forgetting about the wreath. The next thing I know the house smelled like burnt sugar and there were melted peeps EVERYWHERE in the oven!

BF says I committed peepicide.
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    peepicide.
    love it.

I too love peeps. It isn't because of the flavor, or nutritional content. It is because of a strong emotional/psychological association I have from being a kid. Easter was wonderful and enchanting family time just like xmas. Eating peeps makes me "feel" that time.
    Once I recognized this, I don't have a need to eat them - although it is quite fun to bite their heads off first.

I am now 2 years peep free :)
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many people love Peeps, they're so nasty! hehehe. I hate all marshmallow type candies though. I'm sure a peep isn't THAT bad calorie wise?
  • idauria
    Options
    I have a friend who absolutely loves those things. I just don't get it. The funny thing is that my husband has always hated them and back in the day when I actually liked them I thought he was crazy!
  • evilmj31
    evilmj31 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    peepicide...ha!

I also have a found easter memory of them, but I don't really like them anymore.
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I don't really like Peeps either, but I do think that they are pretty funny. Cadbury eggs however... I have somehow had the will power to not have one Cadbury egg for two years in a row now!
  • idauria
    Options
    I actually bought Cadbury eggs too, one for each of my kids and my husband. I did not buy one for myself. I really think I wouldn't like these either now. Too sweet. Besides, I rather have quality dark chocolate.
    I don't really like Peeps either, but I do think that they are pretty funny. Cadbury eggs however... I have somehow had the will power to not have one Cadbury egg for two years in a row now!
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ewww...lol I never liked those. The have always tasted like a chemical to me.
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    This will be my first Easter on Paleo... usually Easter consists of me gorging on candy, so this will be a big change! I've never been big on peeps, but I love almost all other forms of Easter candy! I'm almost positive that if I decided to cheat and eat some sweets, I'd probably feel icky!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I can resist Peeps, but I LOVE Cadbury eggs. With that creepy sugary whites/yolk in the middle? My teeth hurt just thinking about it!
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    A bit off-topic, but along the Easter lines.

So, I'm Jewish but not religious, hubby is atheist.

My oldest son, who is 5, gave me a sad face last night and said, "I've never even had an Easter egg".
    Sigh... I guess we'll be coloring eggs this weekend.

Maybe I'll buy some peeps for good measure so my children don't feel deprived.