Unsupportive?

Options
Maybe I expected too much but when I set up my membership I was told there would be so much support and my coach insisted if I didn't show up for a few days she'd be calling me. I have been busy and didn't realize time has been flying and it's been about a month. Ugh, You know when every day just blends together? lol I had paid for the Curves Complete and had only one weekly meeting last month and that was switched to someone else for some reason. I wanted to go in today but ended up waiting at an appointment until I had to leave for work but I have some extreme anxiety now about even contacting them. I want to go to the gym but now feel uncomfortable there. I do not want to do the Complete and do not feel I should be paying extra for nothing, I cannot do the meal plan, 90% of the stuff on there I will not eat(I'm super picky and will not cook so that leaves the raw fruits and veggies I normally eat anyway.) I'm lazy so I'd eat the microwave meals but they're gross and I don't think they're very good for you. So I'm paying extra for the "coaching" I guess? I knew I wouldn't have time over the past month(I had anticipated a move plus the place I moved in to required some deep cleaning and TLC and I'm still working on it to make it liveable--think the show 'Hoarders' but not quite THAT bad) and I told her that when I went to the consultation, she talked me into it I thought well I could try to make time and I feel...I don't know. Mislead, sorta? I've wasted money I barely have when I knew I shouldn't have and I feel bad about it and about myself. I've lost weight not going to the gym so this isn't about me being a lazy *kitten* and not wanting to get up and do anything, really. haha

Replies

• DarkAngelofDespair
    DarkAngelofDespair Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello. I think it might be best to talk to them about your worries. I've been a member of Curves for sometime myself and yes, I was told before that if I couldn't shift half a pound in weight off, I would have to go on the Curves Complete myself (I'm no good at sticking to allowances like that, nor set meal plans.) Yes, I think it might be best to explain your situation to them. Sorry if I'm not being much help though :(
  • fara180
    fara180 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    every curves is a little different because it's franchised, there are different owners with different ideals, etc. personally, i do feel like my curves is a little unsupportive but i also haven't made it a point to talk with them either... i was in a car wreck about 2 months ago and i haven't been back since and my coach only called me once.

but like most things, you get out of it what you put into it.
  • finewine
    finewine Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was a member of Curves in PA and initially the owner and her mother ran it and they were very supportive - they were engaging and sort of pulled us together based on the time we worked out. I was part of the 6:30am group and it was the other members that kept me and each other on the right path. They ran events that created healthy competition in terms of weight and participation and if someone was missing for more than two days - with no communication - they called you to be sure you were alright. After about 3 years they sold it to a women who was just about as rude as they come. Thank goodness she hired someone to cover the early morning and we already had a strong friendship and partnership among members. After two years with her I moved to AZ, joined my local curves - went 3 times and said it just wasn't for me. I have since learned that my curves in PA closed. I read in another post that each curves is different and I could not agree more. If you really want motivation - find a workout pal and do it at a time & place where you really don't want to leave them alone. Before joining curves I walked 7-10 miles every morning - again at 6:00am. I had a walking partner and I dare not miss a day nor did she because we did not want the other to walk in the dark or miss a workout because my lazy behind didn't want to get up. I say - if Curves is not for you - talk to them - try and get out of your contract which you can - and find a different avenue as quickly as possible so you can get back on the right track. Good Luck!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My Curves closed in Oct last year. I switched to another one. The problem isn't the Curves it. The amount money to drive there for me. So I put in my 30 days. Besides I wasn't doing the Curves plan. I was just going to use the machines. I lost this 76 pounds on my own. Talk to them if that what you want. Good luck
  • nhughes1864
    nhughes1864 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I got on Curves Complete a few months ago after not going to Curves for 5 MONTHS! I've had a rough time sticking to the program and going every week due to my finances and time etc... I have personally found at my Curves that even though I don't get a call from my coach when I do get myself back in things aren't as weird as I thought they would be. Most everyone is glad to see me back and understands. :) I hope you are able to make the most of your membership and are able to make some friends that may offer more support (I've done that too).