Hello, new gangsta moll here.

Hi. I'm excited to find a support group in Little Rock. I've been going it on my own for a bit now. I lost over 40 pound last year, but gained at least 20 back. I do not weigh often, rather go by fit of clothes. I changed my diet up last year and have stuck to it (until sweet time at the holidays), and am back on the straight and narrow.

As there was no description of the group, I want to make sure I'm in the right place. I'm looking to lose weight slowly but steadily, increase my exercise slowly and keep the weight off.

I am newer to exercise. When I go to a gym I go into shock. I'm fine on a track or in a pool. I understand the principal of those two exercise mediums - walk and swim.

So, if I'm in the right place, please let me know and give me some tips on how we support one another. Thank you

Replies

• mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Hey Hillery.
    I wish MFP had a better way of letting us know new messages are in groups we belong to. lol

yes. you are in the right place. I created this group to try to get a community of other people in central AR that have the same goals.. to lower body fat, and feel better. My wife and I have been members for about 2 years, and our lives are so much different (now that we have lost about 100lbs between the two of us). we both are active now, both regular gym people (she goes to 10 fitness and I train at Ross Strength and Speed) and we are also active in our lives outside the gym. For example we have both participated in the st.Jude 5k, and more recently she did the 1/2 marathon and I did the 10K for the LR marathon.

great to meet you. It would be cool for us to all meet in person one sunny day. (NOT in a pizza place, lol)