Commiserating Thread............

Options
kmcosgrove115
kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
I had an AWFUL day - I did not slip but felt so ugly and no progress with all the right foods - just one of those days. I posted, of course, and tried to pull myself out - then saw a few people having bad days too so I thought let's open a thread here for people to post whenever they have bad days for ANY reason..................I am still trying to rebound and many commented - thank you all for that! Post away whenever you feel rotten for any reason on a certain day - we are here to help you!

Replies

• Jacqsie
    Jacqsie Posts: 51
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! I had a terrible day also, frogging dates...threw all the rest out after devouring A LOT and I mean A LOT probably 500grams worth of the tasty frogging devils. Do you think it will be detrimental to my weight and fat gain for weigh in on Friday??
  • pb3693
    pb3693 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hooray! I really do think that this is a fantastic idea. Sometimes it helps to get the "blah" out and see that others are having a hard time too. We are all just human but sometimes it is difficult to remember that. I know that I personally am ridiculously hard on myself and I'm sure that others are too!!

Yesterday was a TERRIBLE day for me food wise. I went to p.t. for my knee with only enough time to grab a clementine (a whopping 35 calories) before my session, got home right as it was time to leave for an appointment so missed lunch at home. That resulted in me indulging on foods that I shouldn't have when my family wanted to stop for lunch. I was really disappointed with myself today because I have been doing so good. BUT today I got right back on track, made sure to get some exercise and am feeling better.

I was doing really well keeping the freezer stocked with quick meals, but I was sick last week and didn't replenish my options. Monday reminded me WHY I was staying ahead of myself with meal options - because its easier to stay on the plan when there are "no brainer" options available.

So yesterday was bad with food...today was bad emotionally. Had a pity party with a friend of mine who is also trying to lose weight, we were both feeling bad. For me I'm SO frustrated knowing how much flab, cellulite etc that I have to burn off - particularly in my upper arms, abs and thighs - hating them all right now. Additionally, because I am recovering from knee surgery, I can't hit cardio like I need to in order to burn it off so I'm feeling doubly frustrated :(

My goal is to take off the last 15 lbs by July and get rid of this flab, but on days like today I start feeling defeated. Ahh!
  • 45lbarrell
    45lbarrell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the dates. I went out and bought a Costco sized container for the breakfast smoothies in FOK. Thankfully I only grabbed one on my way out of the house this morning. I just plugged it into the MFP calorie counter... wow those little things pack a lot of calories. I think I'll stick with agave for smoothie sweetener.

On to commiserating... I'm on my 11th day. I'm finally feeling ok about a total plant based diet, but I have 2 teens and a husband at home that aren't terribly excited. The 18 yo is actually doing pretty good since she was considering becoming a vegetarian, but the 15 yo won't eat any of it and the husband was only humoring me the last week by eating the food. I'm torn between cooking 2 separate meals and letting them fend for themselves... the second option comes with a lot of guilt. New thought: I'm going to let the husband cook a slab of meat for the two of them! Whew, I feel better :happy:
  • pb3693
    pb3693 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    New thought: I'm going to let the husband cook a slab of meat for the two of them! Whew, I feel better :happy:

That sounds like a great compromise :)
  • kmcosgrove115
    kmcosgrove115 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Not in a commiserating place but thought I'd check in with my peeps..................hoping everyone had a good Easter and is staying strong!