New - never joined anything like this and not sure

Options
veggie50
veggie50 Posts: 3 Member
Hi Everybody, Please can I join in? I'm not too sure how to do things like show food diary etc. (I hate mobile phones and can't even text) but I do know how to fill in the food diary and have found it fantastic. Have been going to Change4life but no results in weight loss. I knew it needed to be more specific so MFP is really good for me. I have a lot of weight to lose but now I have more time for myself I'm hoping to concentrate on me for a while instead of everybody else!! As this is my first week I will put in what I lose each week if I can and wondered how to add friends if anyone wants to join me in the challenge. I am 65 and 206lbs.

Replies

• sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Please do join in, I am connected to a bunch of great gals that are our age and we communicate daily. To add a friend click on their profile name and send a request, you can start with me. I am almost to goal, within 10 lbs but will help you if I can.
  • veggie50
    veggie50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I have tried adding you so hope I did it properly. Have you lost the weight just calorie counting with MFP? I have already lost 2lbs this week so am hopeful that this is the way to go.
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Please join our group - we love cheering each other on. Please add me as a friend and yes, you have started on a new journey that sometimes takes a while. There will be times when you will be discouraged, but we are here to cheer you on on good days and bad. I've lost 33 lbs, am at my goal weight now 155, started at 188 lbs. Took a while but I didn't give up. I want to lose 5 more lbs but if I don't, so be it. MFP is the best way to go in my opinion.:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi, send me a friend message also! I have been on this site since July 30, have lost about 20 lbs. total. I am still trying to lose, although it is very slow but I'm not giving up!!

GOod luck to you.