Calories burned during toning work?

Options
How many calories do you burn during TAM toning work? How do you calculate this?

I'm using my HRM to monitor the cardio calories, but apparently these will over estimate toning calories?

Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• Chocoholic55555
    Chocoholic55555 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • daisyterp
    daisyterp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I put it in as Pilates or calethstinics. Sometimes I break it up based on how sweaty I get, vigorous vs. light.
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    I based it on 30 minutes dance / aerobics for the cardio and Pilates for the muscle structure.

Hope this helps
    Much Love
    xoxo
  • JRadd14
    JRadd14 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I previously logged it as "light calisthenics" which had me burning around 130 for the 30min mat work. I'm now using a BodyMedia Fit Link device and it logs me in around 160 cals burned.

Hope this helps!
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    I previously logged it as "light calisthenics" which had me burning around 130 for the 30min mat work. I'm now using a BodyMedia Fit Link device and it logs me in around 160 cals burned.

Hope this helps!

Hi JRadd14

Is that just for the muscular structure or for both Dance Cardio and Muscular Structure together?

Thanx
    Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo
  • JRadd14
    Options

Hope this helps!

Hi JRadd14

Is that just for the muscular structure or for both Dance Cardio and Muscular Structure together?

Thanx
    Much Love
    Claire
    xoxo

Only the 30min mat work... The Dance Cardio def burns more!
    ~j
  • ClaireESchultz
    Options
    Wow! Thats great ... thats much more than ive been giving myself credit for!

Just out of interest, how much do you log for 30mins of Dance Cardio?

Much Love
    xoxo
  • JRadd14
    Options
    Wow! Thats great ... thats much more than ive been giving myself credit for!

Just out of interest, how much do you log for 30mins of Dance Cardio?

Much Love
    xoxo

If you use one of the selections in MyFitnessPal, I would use "aerobics, high impact". The dance selections look like more for just dancing for fun, ballet, or ballroom dance...
    ~j