Options
2»

Replies

• LindaLou252
    LindaLou252 Posts: 106
    Options
    Hey everybody! I'm Linda, and I've been on MFP for almost a full year now... logging everyday... the good, the bad, and the ugly! I'm also an ER nurse! Feel free to add me as a friend, too! :)
  • chuckbrodie
    Options
    HI, my name is Chuck and I'm a firefighter/paramedic. My weight has been an issue since I turned 17. I'm 50 now. Two years ago I started getting serious about my weight and fitness. I dropped 70 lbs and my fitness improved greatly. Last year my son and daughter each got married and then my brother-in-law was killed in a motorcycle accident. Long story short I gained 60 lbs back and I'm serious about turning things around again. Frustrating to have to cover ground I've already been over.
  • theblackspot
    theblackspot Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Simon, a paramedic in The east midlands, England. Just joining the group, and glad there are so many folks who understand why jelly sourz are a food group! (One I'm getting away from).
    I only work 12 hour shifts, and have put on 1-2 stone in the 5 years I've been on the service. Not liking the arithmetic if I stay in the service for 30 years! Making a change trying to eat healthy and minimal at work. Rather than thinking "better have snacks and sandwiches with me, just in case..." And obviously eating the lot.
  • perrimcphee1
    perrimcphee1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I'm Perri, I'm 25, and I've been a LE dispatcher in New Mexico for about 5 years. I've always been very heavy but after my first 3.5 years with the department working tons of overtime in the form of 16 hour days and eating poorly I hit my heaviest weight of 300lbs.

I've lost about 75 lbs so far and plan to lose 75 more then go through our Academy. I'm loving getting fit and can't wait to be able to do more and feel even better!

I'm new to MFP but I'm looking forward to it and exited to meet some new people with similar goals and lifestyles!