If It Ain't Broke, Don't Fix It.....

Options
rhondatn
rhondatn Posts: 29 Member
I am such a dunce. I had fantastic success with low carbing: lost weight, slept great, no carb cravings, etc. Why, oh why did I decide to quit? I've now gained back at least 12 lbs and I'm on a carb roller coaster. The cravings are intense and nothing fills me up! Argh! Today I am starting induction. Breakfast was successful and looking forward to lunch. Thanks for all the support of this group! You guys rock!

Replies

• PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    you can do it! I understand what you mean about leaving what works. Low carbing is the only way for me. If only I could remember that all the time. I'm 2 days into induction.
  • kskaare
    kskaare Posts: 21
    Options
    i'm back to low-carbing. I allow myself one carb meal per week (tonight, it's pizza). Keeps me happy, gives me something to look forward to, and I reduce calorie/fat/carbs all day before to accommodate the meal. Oh, and it's homemade. I think delivery pizza comes with crack in it...so addictive!

You can do this!
  • electricello
    electricello Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel ya - the carb rollercoaster is no fun. I had successfully lost 30 pounds low carbing last year til I fell off the wagon. Then I couldn't seem to find the discipline to get back on the wagon. I now regret not having done the right thing for my body and gone back to it. I let too many people talk me into believing low carbing is somehow "wrong" and that carbs are not "evil". Well, needless to say, I will not be so easily swayed again. We got this!
  • rhondatn
    rhondatn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you and yes! I felt that I could handle the carbs. But I get out of control! The carb cravings are real! I'm on day 3 or 4 of strict low carbing and today I feel a little lethargic. But I know this will pass and I am going to keep it up this time!
  • charovnitza
    charovnitza Posts: 689
    Options
    I think I'm FINALLY getting it through my thick skull that low carb is not a diet for me, it has to be a way of life. It's the only thing that ever really works for me, but the minute I eat sugar or grains, I'm on a binge that goes on forever. And when I Don't eat them at all, I don't crave them. They're too addictive for me.
  • nickiboop
    nickiboop Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Needs to be a way of life for me too,

which has to mean NO Chocolate or biscuits

I have managed to cut out the bread, pasta and ricce very sucessfully since last July but since Christmas I have been eating chocolates and biscuits and the more I eat the more I want and eat

I have vowed this has to stop and my free cream egg from work is going directly to my 7 year old son !