Low carb advice

Options
Hi all,

So the theme seems to be lots of people have success with low carb or gluten free diets. I'm not going to go gluten free but I would like to try low carb and see how it goes. My question is, on a low carb diet, how many carbs do you actually eat in a day?

Any other tips or advice or good links about low carb would be much appreciated! :smile:

Thanks,
Stevie

Replies

• Becca_Reb
    Becca_Reb Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi I have done a low carb plan before where I only ate carb for breackfast than nothing else at all for the rest of the day! Could have one carb based meal a week for a change! It worked wonders lost loads of weight, lowest ive ever been but had to be really organised! And plan ahead. I put it all back on and then some while pregnant and can't seem to get my head in the right frame of mind to do it again!
    Good luck xx
  • steviecooke1985
    steviecooke1985 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yeah, everyone seems to be having really good results with low carb! I think I'll have to start weening myself off them though as I do love brown bread and pasta! :laugh:
  • sraffel
    sraffel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to find out how it works for you, and what kind of carbs you're planning on reducing! I just started trying to reduce gluten to one meal per day. I am probably going to cut back further, but not eliminate it completely. I'm not concerned about carbs if they come from fruits, vegetables, or nuts, but I still try to stay within my macros. I have also added chia seeds to keep the fiber up.
  • SarahHebert1
    SarahHebert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have had some success with low-carb dieting before following the TNT Men's Health Diet plan.

This plan (which is fine for women too) recommends staying below 40g of carbs per day.
    Whether or not you end up following the whole plan, which includes a lot of weight lifting, the book itself is an excellent read and can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/Mens-Health-TNT-Diet-Explosive/dp/1594869766

* I should note that if I wasn't such a picky eater, I'd probably still be actively following it. I can't find enough variety in very low-carb foods to maintain any low-carb diet. Feel free to message me if I can answer any other questions for you, I just noticed that their main site link seems to be moved/down.
  • shvits
    shvits Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I try and eat a balanced, good, tasty food plan. Not over eating, the right portion. Something I can live with forever. I avoid fad, and quick 'diet' plans. They never work for me, but good luck to you.
  • nickiboop
    nickiboop Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    hi

If you join the low carb groups there is loads of support, recipies and guidance

I loose weight and feel good if I stick to less than about 50g of carbs a day,

Unfortunately I havent been as good at stickign to that as I need to since christmas and havent really lost anythign this year, but more positively I am still at the lowest weight I have had for years!

As with any diet if you treat it as a fad and go back to what you wre doing before you are likely to put the weight back on, but if you stick to it longer term you will stay slender : )
  • vhines5
    vhines5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have found that if I stay around 100g carbs per day, I do much better. Saying that, I try to eat most of my carbs late in the day. I find that starting my day with carbs just makes me want to eat more. Go figure. Try some different things and see what works for you!

Good Luck!