had my emotional eating confirmed when...

Options
theblackspot
theblackspot Posts: 22 Member
Me and the Mrs went for a fertility appointment yesterday, only to be told we were too old for funded treatment. We also found out that while we could afford it ourselves, the %chance of success is 5-10%... At £4500 a pop, we don't think its something we really can do.
So when I'm making lunch...
Initially its a fairly ok meal calories wise, initially, but then I 'had to' top it up with an extra 700 calories of peanutbutter crackers with nuttela on top.
In the evening I also chose to eat 'unconsciously' when we went out for food with friends. After all didn't I deserve to 'feel good?'
So waking up today, do I feel so good? Mmm...

Replies

• Helenabc
    Helenabc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that your news was not good. When having children is one of your life goals it is so hard to hear it is going to be so very difficult to achieve. At times like this we turn to comfort and food is one of the comforts of life. However by going on MFP you are showing that you want to make different choices. Make a list of other things that give you comfort and try to turn to them. If you do have a bad day move on and focus on the next day. Can you get counselling or support to help you? All the best and take care.
  • theblackspot
    theblackspot Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cheers for the support Helen, I do need to try and expand my hobbies, De-stress activities, as I am a bit too foodie possibly. The low calorie stuff I did yesterday was make 2 types of chili sauce, habanero hell and roasted green chili with garlic.
    All distracting behavior.
    Need to start crafting, or doing exercise extra or finding something new.
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear you are being so honest with yourself. I needed to hear that today. Sorry for your difficulty.
    Perhaps sell something to get the $. Dont quit; children are a blessing.

I also struggle with comforting my self when I am unhappy which leads to binges. Then feel terribly guilty. I am working on becoming more mindful too. Glad to see you being good to yourself by checking in here.
  • AdrieneJ
    AdrieneJ Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your news. I'm struggling right now as well, but as cliche as it sounds, if you can throw yourself into something physical, you really, really do feel better for it, even if it is just a quick walk up and down the block. You never regret taking a walk. You always regret the food afterward.

Also, consider taking yourself (and the Mrs, if she wants) to some counseling, too. You really should try to work this out in your own head.