Week 1 Day 1 ACCOMPLISHED

Options
KrazyAsianNic
KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
Less then a month ago, my boyfriend and I signed up for a 5K on June 8th called "Neon Run." This week we decided to start the C25K to start training for this 5K. We planned on doing it Sunday/Wednesday/Friday since we wanted to run it together, and nights work best. Monday nights, I'm in love with my Zumba class.

However, last night was my niece's 4th Birthday. I was so torn because her and her family were coming halfway between their home and our home to celebrate and I wanted to see her. Yet I felt like if I go, I'll never start the C25K and then continue making excuse after excuse.

So today I took an early lunch break. I drove about 10 minutes away from my work where they had a public trail along the water. I turned on my music, Charity Miles, and C25K, and started following the directions. Each time the running came, I would start a fast job, but then slow down remembering I had to last the whole program. I was estatic to hear, "You are half way done!" Then as I was walking, I heard my music dim, and thought, "There's no way I can another segment. I'm exhausted!" That's when I heard, "You may begin your cool-down." It took me almost the whole cool-down to realize I just did it! I just listened to the whole day and did it as it said!

I'm so excited. I found this path beautiful, and I think I may start going on lunches instead because I feel great and have a little more energy now. And this is around the time I lose my energy and get tired.

Thanks for reading! I just wanted to share! I'm so proud of myself!

EDIT:

Here's a picture of where I was:
[img]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y433/krazyasiannic/Weight Loss Journey/CAM00160_zps3dd67a65.jpg[/img]

Replies

• mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    :smile:

Wonderful!
  • jadeblack81
    jadeblack81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday. I was so nervous about trying to run in public (and trying to run at all really). I did the whole 30 minutes, but only a couple runs because my foot started to hurt. I'm hoping to be able to continue because even though it was hard, it felt good. I'm jealous of your view!
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I did my first day yesterday. I was so nervous about trying to run in public (and trying to run at all really). I did the whole 30 minutes, but only a couple runs because my foot started to hurt. I'm hoping to be able to continue because even though it was hard, it felt good. I'm jealous of your view!

I know. I felt weird running because I'm not very fast. I'm more of a slow-mo jog. LOL. In the past when I tried starting this, people told me that you can just keep repeating the day until you're able to do it as written and then move on. It doesn't have to be done exactly in the time period it gives you.

LOL. Thanks. I enjoyed the fresh air when I was trying to revive my lungs. LOL
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes. What a moving story! You rock. And what a gorgeous trail...

You, too, Jade Black. Great job for finishing the 30 minutes.

That first day is a major milestone. Getting out there and completing it is a real win. You should be proud of yourselves.
  • Stripeymitten
    Stripeymitten Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job guys, you can do this :)
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great job - that picture is so beautiful!! That would keep me motivated for sure!
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! and what a view!!!
  • samik8907
    samik8907 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I just finished my first day too!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 about a week ago, and then couldn't get to W1D2 until today (thanks to travelling and weather). But... today I did my session while pushing 100lbs (twins toddlers in a stroller) through six inches of snow and slush. Woot! If that doesn't get your heart rate up, nothing will!

W1D3 on Friday for me!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You are an animal, feydruss! Woot, indeed. Great job on your commitment.