Men - how many calories?

Options
Rage_Phish
Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
How many calories are you eating guys?

I'm 6'1 and 205 lbs. I was eating 1960 based off of MFP's suggestion, but recently switched to 2300 based off TDEE methods I have seen on here. I have steadily gained since doing (bout a week and a half ago, but my routine has been thrown off the last 2 weekends with parties and vacation)

I know I'm supposed to give my body time to adjust, so I'm gonna stay with this for at least the rest of the week.

I'd love to hear how many calories guys similar to me are eating.

Thanks!

Replies

• RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Im 6'0 220 and eating 2800 - 3000 calories a day and dropping BF% Scale doesnt say as much but I think thats because I am retaining LBM. In 3 months lost 13 lbs and 7% BF
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response (i have seen the progress you have made on 5x5, and im hoping to achieve similar).

i lost 60lbs with no exercise eating around 17-1900 cals.

2300 seems like a lot to me, its just frustrating to watch the scale climb after i had finally gotten back on track
  • Rwheltsley
    Rwheltsley Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    MFP's suggestion to me was around 1800 calories. Based on the TDEE methods, it said I am at about 3500 calories/day. I cut that to about 2600 calories which I know is more like a 26% cut as opposed to the recommended 20% but I really struggle to get the 2600 calories in regularly. I natrually hover around the 2000 calorie zone, so it is a chore to get those other 600 calories in and still try and resemble something healthy.

I also have my macros set at 45% carb/ 35% protein/ 20% fat and usually do pretty well hitting those.
  • crawfishag
    crawfishag Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My calorie intake fluctuates. I know some people get pretty fixated on weighing food and trying to get calories consumed down the calorie, and will get paranoid to the point that they will eat exactly their daily calorie goal. I personally use MFP as a general range of what I am eating. There are days I will eat around 2000 calories and some days like today where MFP shows me at 1100 but I know its closer to 1500. I really don't have much of an appetite some days and I don't eat if I'm not hungry. I get usually get most of my calories for the day at breakfast. I have also been doing the IF thing where I have an 8 hour eating period and 16 hours fasting. IF was tough to get used to for the first week but since then I enjoy it, and seem to sleep a hell of a lot better.