5ft6 - 5ft7 goal weight?

Options

Replies

• sineadlpb
    sineadlpb Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft6, currently 135lbs with a current goal of 130lbs and an ultimate goal of 126lbs. I was 126lbs a few years ago and would definitely go no lower than that - I start to look a bit too bony.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7"...
    CW: 142.8
    GW: 135

Since I turned 21, I haven't been able to be lower that 140..... when I was 18 I weighted sound 120lb and I looked great....
  • cbfliz
    cbfliz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 6 ½ and started out at around 145lbs. I have reached my goal weight of 123.5lbs and now moved into maintenance mode. I dropped a little lower while trying to figure out maintenance calories but felt I was getting way too bony for that. Feeling happy where I am at the moment.
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it depends on your shape- I'm 5.7 and slimmed down a lot a couple of years ago, but because my body shape is all hips and shoulders- not boobs sadly- I looked quite ill IMHO. Personally, I'm gonna settle at 9.5 stone so I don't look like I'm a prisoner of war :D

This would be me too - very much a pear shape and when I go below 130, all you can see is shoulder bones and ribs - have been bulking up recently with weights and am at 147.. am starting to cut the fat from today and get down to about 135 - will probably forget about the scales then once I can see some good muscle definition!
  • unbeknownst
    unbeknownst Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Honestly I'm not really sure either. At 134, I still have belly pooch, thigh fat, etc. and I am not happy with the way I look in a bikini. So I think I can still safely lose and get to 125. But then I want to add muscle definition, so that may bump me back up. So yeah, I have no idea.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I am really not sure what my GW is now. Originally it was 135, but my CW is 137 and I have a lot of work I want to be. I really want to tone up more, so I'm not sure if the scale will go up with that.
  • RWBoston
    RWBoston Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to read everyone's responses. I feel like we're all kind of in the same general range.

My original weight was 148. I'm 5'7".
    Current weight is somewhere around 137. Need to get an accurate read!
    I'd like to weigh 132 - 133 lbs.

Honestly, though, I could care less what the scale says if I could lose another two inches off my waist and an inch or two around each thigh!
  • resiegel
    resiegel Posts: 3
    Options
    Height: 5'7"
    HW: 156
    CW: 143
    GW: 135

Similar to a lot of other women here, I have big thighs and despite my weight loss they're still there. Very frustrating! Any tips/advice on specific work outs would be greatly appreciated!

Also, feel free to add me, always looking for MFP friends to motivate each other!
  • Romey5
    Romey5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread to read through! I am 5'6" and feel good at 125, but look and feel great at 120. When around 120 I have sort of an hourglass figure and can squeeze into a size 4, but as always it's that darn baby weight in the middle that just won't let go! Gotta get down toward 123 to flatten out my tummy. Currently I am around 128 and trying to get down to around 123 by summer.
  • kelseystew
    kelseystew Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am 5"7.5 and started at 145 or so, and am currently at 131, would be happy with anything in the 120's but 125 is the ultimate goal weight for me. At 131 there is still room for improvement, I am very similar to others is my tummy would tone up nice and everything else stay the same I wouldn't care about that number on the scale ha ah :)
  • McGrammarnazi
    McGrammarnazi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft7 and weigh 152 lbs. I've not really got that much fat to lose at the moment, and, thanks to a few months of weights, am pretty muscular. I'm a size 36 or dress size twelve (getting towards a size 10), but seem to weigh a whole lot more than most girls of my dimensions. Iron bones? Anyone similar?
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    143 - 148
    I'm 145 right now. I think that's a good weight for me.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm back, I've changed my UGW to 115-119 lbs as I discovered that I'm a small frame and could pull it off. I'm 5'6". I'm currently at 135.6 so I've got a ways to go.
  • 4peaches04
    Options
    I am new here. Been lifting and working out forever, but lately I am sneaking up.

I am currently 129 and would like to be 120 and maintain that. I am 5ft 6 in.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal weight is 129-132 fluctuation. If I go lower than 129 I start to show a lot more bone than I'm comfortable with! I have a large bone structure though, so I may be better at a little heavier than other people are. :)
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft7 and weigh 152 lbs. I've not really got that much fat to lose at the moment, and, thanks to a few months of weights, am pretty muscular. I'm a size 36 or dress size twelve (getting towards a size 10), but seem to weigh a whole lot more than most girls of my dimensions. Iron bones? Anyone similar?

RIGHT HERE.

I weigh 165. GW 150-155. I hover between a size 8/10. I don't have a lot of fat to lose. I have to start losing muscle mass. Which i'm not too excited about because that means a lot more cardio.

I've developed pretty good leg muscles from years and years of soccer. I've got to tone down the quad muscles!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I'm 5'7"
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft6. Starting weight was 160, current weight is 145 lbs, goal is 137. I don't think i'll ever be skinny, but I just want to focus on gaining muscle and feeling good. I am an avid cook, so food is not something I'm totally willing to compromise one :)
  • lmtaylor4
    lmtaylor4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey! I'm happy to find someone around my same range. I'm 5'5''-6'' and I weigh 138.4 lbs. My goal is 125. If you use the BMI calculator on this site, it really helps put things in perspective. For example, I found that a healthy weight for someone who is 5'7'' can range between 118 lbs. - 159 lbs! The healthy BMI range is between 18.5-24.9. That is HUGE difference, but it just depends on your body structure/ how much of that weight is actually fat opposed to muscle (muscle weighs more than fat, which isn't a bad thing!). Obviously, the higher your number on that BMI scale, the "fluffier" you will probably look (unless you're a total body builder status; in that case, go you!) My current BMI is 23, which is up towards the top of health, so if I bring myself down to 125, I will be right around a BMI of 20, which makes me feel a lot better. If you want your BMI at 20, your goal weight would be 128 lbs.

Go Science!
  • ziggiezambi
    ziggiezambi Posts: 253
    Options
    I'm 5'5" My CW is 125 and I'm still chunky. :( So I'd say for me It would be around 115. But, everyones different! :D
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft6, aiming for 125lb - which is pretty arbitrary to be honest.

I'm 130lb now and about the right "size" (as in clothes, jeans etc..) but I want to be harder and more "toned" (I know that is a dirty world around here but i think we all know what it means in reality - weights!)

So I'm turning my attentions to strength training over the next few months to lose the jiggle.