Plyometric Cardio Circuit

Options
Oneday150
Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
I was able to do about 90% of the video. Could only do 1 set of the Basketball Drill and Abs. Had to fast forward ( doesn't help am battling a head cold) but I a determined. One day I will do the complete DVD.

Replies

• dwyler21
    dwyler21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    hell yeah good job! I'm doing the same video in about an hour. That one is tough.
  • GoffGirl1029
    GoffGirl1029 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just finished it for tonight. It gets easier, trust me! I hope you get to feelin' better soon!! :smile:
  • dwyler21
    dwyler21 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Allergies acting up? mine are horrible this time of year.

I just finished the workout, its so hard. but rewarding after you finish. Right when the last stretches start my whole body just feels great
  • MzTye14
    MzTye14 Posts: 30
    Options
    I completed Day 2 today as well. Lets just say.... I survived! I literally thought my heart was about to jump out of my chest!! That was TOUGH!! I was actually relieved when we got to the punching & I hate those, lol. Hope you feel better soon though!!

Lets gooooooooo!!
  • booloomom
    Options
    Day Two didn't go so well. I got through 17 minutes of the DVD and died. I felt like such a failure. My husband, the wonderful person he is said "Hey 17 minutes is better than nothing. Tomorrow may be 20 but it will be better". I'm not sure if I'm pushing too hard in the beginning and need to think "slow and steady" to start off with and push later or what. Need to do something different so I can get to my current goal of finishing a DVD.
  • MzTye14
    MzTye14 Posts: 30
    Options
    Day Two didn't go so well. I got through 17 minutes of the DVD and died. I felt like such a failure. My husband, the wonderful person he is said "Hey 17 minutes is better than nothing. Tomorrow may be 20 but it will be better". I'm not sure if I'm pushing too hard in the beginning and need to think "slow and steady" to start off with and push later or what. Need to do something different so I can get to my current goal of finishing a DVD.

I agree with your husband! At least you did something! I agree, Day 2 workout was very hard... but one of the things that the Customer Service Rep told me when I bought the DVD was "Go at your own pace and eventually you'll gain speed. We cannot expect to go as quickly and do as many as the people on the DVD because they've been doing this for awhile." So that's the attitude that I'm trying to adapt. I go back and forth... sometimes I speed as quickly as them and then I'll end up slowing down. It really helped to see some of the other people on the DVD slowing down because they were out of breath, lol. Not all smiles like most workout DVDs, so that I can relate too, lol.

Anyway, keep up the good work hun and don't beat yourself up too much. As long as you're trying, you're doing great :happy: Good Luck tonight!!
  • AwsmLwsn
    AwsmLwsn Posts: 9
    Options
    17 minutes IS better than nothing!! Eventually you'll get to the point where you finish the workout no matter what. I remember doing Plyometric Cardio Cicuit one time, and it literally took me almost twice as long as the length of the video to finish. Oh how I love that pause button...

Keep pushing play!
  • ndrec
    ndrec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    don't try to emulate shaun or other people on DVD. keep your pace, rest when you feel exhausted, but try to get back in every time. i tend to rest the last 5 seconds of almost every repetition cause i don't have enough air (gasping). but, i tend to get better by the week.
  • beeb66
    beeb66 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm going at my own pace. Some of the things I know would not be good for my back so I modify them. I just keep thinking that anything is better than nothing! You are doing great. One day we both will get through the whole workout, I know it!
  • Rydyn
    Rydyn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 22 days in and I still can't do any of the pushups other than a normal one, but I keep pushing and I will get there. I found the workouts don't necessarily get easier, but the breaks are less and my endurance is better. Keep pushing, the results are well worth the hard work!!
  • LillyLove28
    Options

I started out like that too, my 1st week was a disaster! But just keep the DVD on! Take breaks when you can't go no more, I also would take the last 10-15 seconds of each rep to catch my breath, by the end of the 2nd week I was able to do most, sometimes taking only 5 seconds breaks. What I found out is that if you play the DVD through and push yourself to do even one set of the remainig exercises it gives a little feeling of victory. I felt like superwoman everytime I was exausted, but did 4 push ups anyway. Your husband is right, 17 minutes really counts! It's a hard workout, being able to finish the warm up should already be reason to celebrate! Keep pushing play, stay within your limits and you will be able to do amazing things. Good luck