Shout outs & Encouragement!

Options
I wanted to start this topic to help us encourage one another. My hope is this can be a place where someone can give you a shout out for something good you did, lost weight, healthier choices, etc. Some of us are encouraged when it's publicly acknowledged, so I felt this might be a good place to encourage one another.

I want to start out by giving a HUGE shout out to Heather Bright! Heather has been a workout ninja! She has been working out twice a day even! On Friday, her day off, she met her accountability partner at the Yorktown Y PRIOR to coming to a 6:45am class at the Downtown Y! That's dedication! And it's paying off! Heather is looking fit and I think she's feeling good. Way to go Heather!!!

Replies

• habright
    habright Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You are so sweet, Jaime!!! Thank you for the shout out. I do feel good. :) I'm working hard to Get Fit!
  • BekaSteele
    BekaSteele Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! Heather, you really are doing a great job!

Thanks for such a fun idea Jaime :)
  • jaimefaulkner
    Options
    Shout out to Beka for getting some employees started with Cross Fit! She's been excited about Cross Fit and has been able to share that enthusiasm and get others to at least try it! Way to go Beka!

Also a Shout Out to Dorothy Douglass! You've shared that it's been hard getting started in working out consistently. I saw your car at Studio 22 Saturday morning so Kudos to you for keeping it up!!! Way to go!!!
  • mbanes
    mbanes Posts: 10
    Options
    I would like to congratulate Ryan Woodruff for losing close to 20 pounds in 2 months! I haven't seen him in a while and was amazed when I saw him yesterday. Great job Ryan-keep up the great work!:wink:
  • Jday56
    Jday56 Posts: 9
    Options
    Way to go Ryan. Good job. Now that the weather is getting nicer hopefully more of us can get out there and do some walking.
  • BekaSteele
    Options
    A shout out to Matt Weaver for keeping me accountable :)
  • jaimefaulkner
    Options
    KUDOS Ryan! Way to go!

You got this Beka... :)
  • jaimefaulkner
    Options
    Shout out to Terry Crabtree in Customer Support! He and his dad were walking after work on a beautiful day earlier in the week.

"A body in motion stays in motion"!

Way to go Terry!
  • BekaSteele
    Options
    Shout out to Dorothy Douglass! She is working so diligently! I love that Dorothy understands its about getting healthy, not just a number on the scale.

She is always talking about being more mindful, and changing her habits for the long haul - I love it! Keep it up!!
  • dot23scott
    Options
    Thanks for the shouts, peeps! I need them! Just looking at my fitness "reports" on MFP, and I need to ramp it up! Can't keep ambling along. Age 52 (physically) means I need to step it up. No weight loss for a while; that's gotta mean I need to change something - either they way I'm eating (uh-oh, it's ice cream season already!), or ramp up the exercise more frequently.

I'm gonna try a 5:30a cardio workout in the morning. Pray for me. First that I get up. Second that I stay up, and third, that I don't throw up! :)