Lets get acquainted

Options
IamSheaMc
IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
Hello my name is Shea, currently doing 30 day shred and can't wait to get started in Insanity!
I'm 5'3 149lbs and done watching the scale. I'm more focused on getting fit.

10 Days 22 hrs 18min 40secs to go!

Replies

• csaintes
    csaintes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Crystal, I hope to have a copy of Insanity by next week. I am really looking forward to some motivation to get in shape by this summer!!! I did P90X for about 5 weeks and took a week off for Spring Break and having trouble getting going again!!!! :( Last time I weighed I was 152 and I am 5'6. I too am sick of weighing myself it is constantly going up and down.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Welcome, I did P90X last year but it was not for me I found it long, slow and boring.
    ( I get my Insanity on Monday according to FedEx.)

Thanks for joining!
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Shalla. I should be receiving my Insanity in a couple of days. I'm super excited! I'm so ready to challenge myself and change my body. I want to stick to a program fully for the whole time. 60 days I can totally commit to. When I started getting serious about weight loss I was a whopping 203 and I now weigh in at the 170's. I've been in the 170's for about 2 months or so because I keep getting off track. April will be a new start for me.
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Hey Shalla, good job on losing all that weight and thanks for joining. We will get through this together.

7 days 17mins & 27sec till Insanity!!
  • traci_marie
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a 31 year old female (I'll be 32 in 2 weeks and pretty happy that my birthday falls on a Sunday so that it will be my day off! Ha!). I have slowly gained weight over the past 10 years, due to a lot of mental and emotional stress, and, let's face it, my laziness. Well, I'm done. I've had it. It's time to change...for the BETTER! I started at 180lbs, am now down to 168lbs since REALLY committing to change in January, and my goal weight is 120lbs, although I wouldn't care WHAT the scale said if I could fit in a size 6 again! I did Nutrisystem for a month back in Jan this year, liked how it helped me to better gauge food portions, and also jump started my weight loss journey. I've also been walking/jogging on the treadmill 40-60 minutes about 5-6 days a week, and in the last 3 weeks have added 3 days of strength training, about 20-30 minutes each day. I ordered my Insanity program today off ebay, and hoping it arrives before April 1...but as SOON as it arrives, I'm starting! Can't wait! If I'm brave enough after the 60 days, I may decide to post before/after pics. I'm just not there, mentally, yet though. Good luck to everyone!
  • cobrakai1980
    Options
    Hi, I'm Vik, just started it today. 32, did start it two weeks ago but was a false start, now trying to do it again, did day 1 today - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Welcome to the group Traci and Cobra! Glad to have you guys. :flowerforyou:

We have ((6Days 7hrs & 58mins)) till show time!
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hiya. My name is Emma and im wanting to start insanity on the 4th April! Finishing the 30 day shred first. Phew! Its going to be so hard but you just have to keep pressing play. Or so I have been told :) I started my weightloss journey this year weighing 231 pounds :frown: after my LB was born in Feb 2012, and i am now 201lbs. Ive lost 8.5lbs on the shred so far. And hoping to lose a good 20lbs doing insanity, hopefully!

Edit: I'm 5ft9in and would love to hit around 175ish with insanity (pre-pregnancy weight)
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options
    Hiya. My name is Emma and im wanting to start insanity on the 4th April! Finishing the 30 day shred first. Phew! Its going to be so hard but you just have to keep pressing play. Or so I have been told :) I started my weightloss journey this year weighing 231 pounds :frown: after my LB was born in Feb 2012, and i am now 201lbs. Ive lost 8.5lbs on the shred so far. And hoping to lose a good 20lbs doing insanity, hopefully!

Edit: I'm 5ft9in and would love to hit around 175ish with insanity (pre-pregnancy weight)

You can do it! Just have to remember to go at your own pace and try your best. The weight will just start to melt off like butter. So I've been told LOL. I'm not doing it for that purpose. It's expected but I'm doing this to mentally and physically challenge myself that's my issue. When the burn starts kicking in I'm like oh god. We're going to get through this though! I'm excited for Monday to hit! Btw has any of you looked at dig deeper or the fit test? I won't feel so bad if you have LOL :tongue:
  • Emmielia
    Emmielia Posts: 75 Member
    Options

You can do it! Just have to remember to go at your own pace and try your best. The weight will just start to melt off like butter. So I've been told LOL. I'm not doing it for that purpose. It's expected but I'm doing this to mentally and physically challenge myself that's my issue. When the burn starts kicking in I'm like oh god. We're going to get through this though! I'm excited for Monday to hit! Btw has any of you looked at dig deeper or the fit test? I won't feel so bad if you have LOL :tongue:

Lol Ive looked at most of the DVDs for a sneak peek. The fit test looks hard, I was out of breath just watching! Good Luck to everyone! As Shaun T says "Get ready to DIG DEEP" :happy:
  • traci_marie
    Options
    I was worried I wouldn't get my DVD's in the mail on time... but I got them yesterday!! Woooo!!! I've never been so excited and scared at the same time! Ready to WORK!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options

Hey Emma nice of you to join us, I am on day 28 of the shred myself....ps Feb babies are the best (Feb 20 here), congrats and cant wait to see you losing! However don't get too hung up on the scale.
    I was worried I wouldn't get my DVD's in the mail on time... but I got them yesterday!! Woooo!!! I've never been so excited and scared at the same time! Ready to WORK!

Don't be scared lol just prepare to get your butt kicked! :tongue: :laugh:
  • rigdon112
    rigdon112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity in January but life has gotten in the way and although I am doing each day in the workout - it isn't necessarily 6 days on, 1 off. Sometimes you just don't have the time to get a workout in random days of the week. Anyways - I've also been eating better so that's a contributor for sure, but I'm in the second week of the second month and I'm down almost 22 pounds! Started my journey at the beginning of the year at 236.6 and so excited to be 215! Only 50 more to go!

I loved the first month. Don't get me know, it's tough! But the second month I find to be a little too long. I'm going to stick it out and finish and start again. Because even at the end of the first month, the workouts were still really hard so I think that I will still benefit from the first month again :)

Good luck everyone. I think it will be a total love/hate relationship - but it's worth it!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    but I'm in the second week of the second month and I'm down almost 22 pounds! Only 50 more to go!
    I loved the first month. Don't get me know, it's tough! I'm going to stick it out and finish and start again.

Good luck everyone. I think it will be a total love/hate relationship - but it's worth it!

Oh wow! congrats on the 22lbs you dropped. :flowerforyou: Thanks for the support and keep up the good work. Glad to have you as part of the group!
  • kgolden04
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Katie. I'm 28 years old and need to lose the 25 pounds I've put on over the last few years. Just started on MFP about a week ago and did my Insanity fit test today - kicked my butt but I'm ready for more!
  • IamSheaMc
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Katie. I'm 28 years old and need to lose the 25 pounds I've put on over the last few years. Just started on MFP about a week ago and did my Insanity fit test today - kicked my butt but I'm ready for more!

Glad to have you Katie, that's the attitude!
  • ShallaLovee1
    Options

Lol Ive looked at most of the DVDs for a sneak peek. The fit test looks hard, I was out of breath just watching! Good Luck to everyone! As Shaun T says "Get ready to DIG DEEP" :happy:

LOL I actually tried to do it the same day and was like oh **** LOL I was sore the next day and since I've been working out since that day I'm still sore. I'm like I have to do that again on Monday?! That's what I get for getting too excited. What are you gonna do? LOL. Yip, I'm ready to dig deep and go for it! This is going to be hell but I know it will be worth it in the end. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to sharing this experience with you all! We got this! Don't be scared LOL. Embrace the pain because its only short lived. :) starting Monday! Woot woot!
  • Mixer_2012
    Mixer_2012 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm Marie. I started Insanity this morning with the Fit Test. I am definately out of shape! Looking forward to the Insanity challenge and the next 60 days.
  • beecee13
    beecee13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Bianca but everyone calls me B. Just finished the fit test for day one. Definitely room for improvement but I'm happy to say that my results were better than my previous attempt at the Day 1 fit test. Looking forward to completing Insanity and seeing what kind of results I'll have after 60 days. Hopefully this will be a fun, active, and supportive group! Good luck on the fit test everyone!!
  • heavnzchild72
    Options
    Good morning everyone! My name is Africia and I am on Day 2 today! Yesterday's fit test about KILLED me. I am 40yrs old and outta shape. :angry: but hopefully I will stick with it with your support and encouragement. There is a NO QUIT attitude in me. There are no quitters only finishers. :drinker: :laugh: :tongue: :flowerforyou: