Debating! Bikini or Physique?AHHH

Options
Kcapitano
Kcapitano Posts: 14 Member
Hey All!

I have been wanting to do a fitness competition for some time now but honestly have been a big BABY! I think it's just the fact that I have NO CLUE what I'm doing and not even sure what to look for in a coach. I enjoy working out, but this is definitely out of my comfort zone lol.... So what I want to ask you is....

Do you recommend I compete in Bikini or Physique? Based on my photos? I feel like I'm already at a disadvantage without having implants lol, will need a good push-up bikini for sure! hehehee ;-) What is the main difference between the categories? I

Also... which type of competition should I enter? I do NOT want to enter a huge one for my first obviously... but not sure where to find some of the smaller companies?

Thank you all SOOO SO MUCH!!!
xoxo

Katie

Replies

• KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bikini to physique is a big jump... Do you mean bikini or figure?

Based on your photos, I'd say bikini, because I do not think that you currently have the muscle mass to be competitive in either figure or physique. Not meant to be an insult, I was in the same boat when I started and am still on the small side for figure. The only advantage I have is my height. You definitely don't need implants to be competitive in bikini either. We have a girl on our team that is itty bitty in the chest department that just won the Arnold Amateur. They make the competition suits with all sort of padding and tricks and illusion.

Anyways, back to the different categories:

Bikini - Athletic, but softer look. Should have muscle definition but not separation. Striations are a no-no. Although, NPC has been leaning towards the leaner side for bikini as of late. Compete in a competition bikini and heels.

Figure - Feminine, athletic look. Should be some muscle separation but not a lot of striation. A competitor is this division is judged on symmetry and they are looking for that "v-taper" shape, broad, well-developed shoulders, small waist, narrow through the hips. Compete in a posing suit and heels.

Physique - This is the next step up from figure but before womens bodybuilding. Competitors in physique will be, overall, a larger leaner version of a figure competitor, but not quite to the extreme of bodybuilding. Physique competitors compete in a posing suit, barefoot, and do a bodybuilding-type posing routine and mandatory poses.

Like I said, judging from just the pictures you have up, you have a great start for bikini I think and would do well.
  • Kcapitano
    Kcapitano Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your help, yeah I had no idea there was a separate division for figure and physique! I would definitely do either bikini or work hard for figure.

How much do coaches usually cost? And where do you shop for competition bikinis? I don't see those kind around anywhere and shopping online is tough bc you can't try them on! lol

Thanks
    xo

Katie
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    The cost for coaches can vary. I know that mine costs approx. $100/month when I factor in posing sessions and extras too. That's for complete coaching, diet, workouts, etc.

As far as the suits go, competition bikinis are normally custom made to your measurements. A few suit designers that I recommend are:

Vizion Wear
    Suits by Amy
    Tamee Marie
    Suits You

Those are just a few I know of off hand, and you can Google those to find their websites. Depending on how elaborate you go, a competition bikini is going to run you about $200-300 new. You can also check Divaexchange.com for used suits. It's a classified page just for bikini & figure.