Cheat Day

Options
Hello,
I've been doing low carb for the past three weeks, due to doctor's orders. I have finished induction and got great results and now I am onto phase 2. Anyways I was wondering if anybody allows themselves to have a cheat day once a month? I was thinking about allowing myself to have a cheat day once every other month. Do you think this is a good idea to have one cheat day or should I just continue pressing on?

Replies

• livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Some people can tolerate a cheat day and for many others it sets off cravings that you struggle with for days. Unless you are just eating more healthy foods and not a sugar treat, I would think twice.
  • CoCoMa
    CoCoMa Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My cheat day usually turns into a week of crazy binging, so I try to limit cheats. Some people factor in a regular high-carb day, which allows a continuous weight loss, or break a stall. Each person is different, so you should weigh the pros & cons, then decide.
  • livinglc
    livinglc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, congratulations on getting through induction and into Phase 2. I experience the same cravings that CoCoMa mentioned.
    If you are cheating with anything with sugar, you are risking cravings that will last for days. Cheating with a higher carb veggie, that's loaded with vitamins and nutrients are a different story and I do that about once a month.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Go, you!

Induction is really tough, and you made it through.

I personally do not do a cheat day.

Why? Because it brings back the cravings and to me that is the great thing about day 3 and onward, no more cravings.

I experiment with sugar substitutes. Try Oopsie bread (google it) with sugar free maple syrup for breakfast.

Sometimes all you need are a few little sanctioned treats to keep you going.

No need to cheat. Be inventive within the rules.

Best of luck to you!