A1C Results

Options
nczuczu
nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
About 2 weeks into my weight loss, I had my A1C test taken and it came back at 8.1. Ten weeks later (yesterday) I had it taken again and it is down to 6!!! I am super proud of this result!!!

I have dropped 24 lbs, but am even more proud and excited about the A1C dropping 2.1 points.

I will see my doctor in a couple of weeks, I know he will be VERY pleased too!

Replies

• Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    That's awesome news!, It's always great to hear success stories like yours, you (should) be proud. A great accomplishment!

Congrats on your weight loss too!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Excellent results from all your hard work and weight loss. It's thrilling to see the effect of lifestyle changes on diabetes...and a real motivator. Congratulations! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lamourlady
    Options
    So happy for you. I went today for my A1c and hoping for good results! :)
  • carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Great job, Nancy! Keep up the good work! Maybe you'll be able to get off your meds in the long run. That's my goal. My last A1C was also 6. Makes you feel real good when you see numbers like that!
  • deeschange
    deeschange Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    great results....congratulations
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! This is an inspiration to all of us!!
  • ldg323
    ldg323 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is awesome.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! That's really fantastic... and what incredible effort! Yay!!!

lamourlady... good luck with your result. Like you said on the other thread... regardless of how it comes back... may it allow you to move forward in your healing. Best wishes.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT :flowerforyou: .....Mine was 6.9 at my diagnosis (May 2012) and it finally dropped to 6.5 and then 6.0 (this month) but had to drop 70+ lbs for it to get there.
  • StephanieEmpson
    Options
    Cogratulations!!!! Last April I got the gret news of 8.5, at my last check 12/31/12 I was at 5.4 ( I think.....LOL) maybe lower.. After 50 pounds down.
  • wcucats77
    wcucats77 Posts: 180
    Options
    Great News... Great results; you should be proud!!!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! That is fantastic!!!!!! Congratulations!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Cogratulations!!!! Last April I got the gret news of 8.5, at my last check 12/31/12 I was at 5.4 ( I think.....LOL) maybe lower.. After 50 pounds down.

Awesome reduction and loss for you too!!! Shows that this hard work is really worth it!!
  • allensachers
    allensachers Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This gives me inspiration to continue eating health and continuing with myweight loss goals as I see that it does make a difference in the numbers. Congratulations!!!
  • pmcbrady
    pmcbrady Posts: 31
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • mayo8669
    mayo8669 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Weigh loss plays a great deal! I was diagnosed December 2012. I was at 210 now 185. I started taking 1000 mg pills daily to control mine. I started out at 7 now down to 5 and only taking 500 mg daily! It will pay off in the end keep up the good work!
  • reerazzle
    reerazzle Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I have a similar story. I have lost 15 lbs since December. I started at 7.8 and in early march my H1C came in at 6.6. A long way to go but very encouraging...now only if the weight would come off quicker!! :)
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support, everyone! I have had Type2 for almost 7 years and they said it could be controlled with diet and exercise. But, this stubbourn woman didn't hear it. She just got more lazy. NO MORE! I am determined to get it under control and (HOPEFULLY) off my insulin.