Fat % Went Up! Really discourrage right now....

Chikipiwi
Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
Hi,

I am so upset right now.. Got on the "body compsition analizer" at the gym with my trainer this morning. A these are my results:

Date 1/7
3/15
Weight: 105
BMI 21.2
Fat 17.7
FatMass 18.61
FFM 86.41

Lost 1/2 inch from my waist.

I lift 3-4 times a week. Eat 1470cals + excersise calories.
Stay very close to daily macros of: Carbs147 g; Fat 49 g; Protein 110 g (with the exception of a few days here and there)

How can I loose weight and gain fat? What am I doing wrong? My diary is open.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Replies

• amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Those electronic tools can be inaccurate, up to 5% in either direction.
    I don't think any form of fat measurement is terribly accurate and does seem strange that you would weigh less with more fat, so maybe there is a water-retention thing going on. Don't get discouraged!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    I don't think any form of fat measurement is terribly accurate and does seem strange that you would weigh less with more fat, so maybe there is a water-retention thing going on. Don't get discouraged!

^^ This. Water in your muscles, and if you drank more that morning than others.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Ditto. Extremely inaccurate. Don't sweat it!
  • Chikipiwi
    Chikipiwi Posts: 117 Member
    Thank you all!! I am feeling better now....
  • Carrots030
    Carrots030 Posts: 4 Member

Exactly!
    And I dont know if this applies to you- but in my experience, I found at 'that time of the month', my weight increased by as much as 5 lbs. My trainer thankfully didnt dare measure me that week.. =)
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Don't believe it. Not possible. I looked at your diary. It's fairly clean. And little cals too. Machines aren't accurate,and trainers are not perfect. Just human.
    Take pics. You will see a difference in those if you really gained fat.