Not a Morning Person

Options
Hi.
Im not much of a morning person and I dont eat breafast. I try to but im just not hungry. Im up at 615am, Ill have a cup of coffee and Ive been trying to do the slim fast shakes just to have something in my system with a fruit or yougurt. At lunch I do the same but thats when i get hungry. By the time I get off work at 6pm Im starving and then its 730pm before I have dinner. How can I balance this out and make it work? I do my work outs and try to eat a healthy dinner but I dont feel like Im making progress.Im uppity and a peppy person but lately Im just tired. My daughter makes me workout and I go on my walk. HELP!!

Replies

• donnarae67
    donnarae67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was the exact same way, and I just had to make an extra effort at first, now it is becoming part of my routine. I am up at 5:30 most days and I give myself 45 minutes max to have eaten something. I always have a cup of coffee first and then I will have either a greek yogurt or a healthy granola or energy bar. At least twice a week I have eggs, usually scrambled with lots of veggies. It only takes about 5 minutes to make and is worth it. Just start small and watch how it will become a habit after a week or so. Good luck :)
  • Mulikme
    Mulikme Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Maybe add a morning and afternoon snack so you're never starving. Small meals throughout the day instead of trying to plan 3 meals may work best for you to keep you satisfied and your blood sugar levels consistent.
  • PRQueen71
    Options
    Thank you so much for the ideas, I will try and see what I can change over the week. You gals are great.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not a morning person either and thinking about food that early just isn't there. I've actually started making myself eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (also because I just started Insanity). You're going to have to train yourself to eat and it will be well worth it. I've always thought my metabolism wasn't that great and after watching a show last night it probably isn't.

There was a lady on the show who weighed over 600 pounds. To make a long story short there was a Doctor on and told her since she only eats one large meal a day she has caused her metabolism to almost completely stop working. There was a lot more to it but it made sense, our bodies need fuel and if we are only fueling it once a day we are hurting it.

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • PRQueen71
    PRQueen71 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you I appreciate it. I am working towards keeping food available in small portions so if i do i can just grab and go.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm nota morning person either and I have to be up at 4am and to work at 5:30 am. So I pack my breakfast, snack and a lunch! I make every thing the night before so I don't have to get up any earlier than I already do! One of my favorite meals for breakfast is egg beaters (1/4 c) with a tablespoon of salsa mixed in. Put in the microwave for 1 minute to scramble. Sometimes I'll put that on a whole wheat muffin with melted swiss cheese and 2 slices of avacado, or I'll have the whole wheat muffin with 2 tspn of pear butter. I might add some sliced strawberries and along with my coffee I have 1/4 cup of orange juice and a cup of almond milk. I try to get protien, fruit, dairy and veggies in every meal. It's a pain to have to prepare every night, but if I don't do it, then I go for the quick fix which is usually not healthy!
  • jeffsimms12
    Options
    You might try adding a protein bar or some type of snack in the afternoon, so your not starving by dinner. It sounds like your starving yourself and that isn't a healthy way to lose weight.
  • tkz65
    tkz65 Posts: 22
    Options
    I never use to eat breakfast but I learned to eat small snacks through the day. I am a huge coffee drinker, so toast with peanut butter works well. If I am running short on time I can eat it on the way to work. Cherrios for mid morning snack dry. Lunch, piece of fruit 2 ounces of meat on a salad and pretzels. Love my carbs!! I always keep 90 calorie fiber one bars at work for afternoon with coffee. I eat 4-6 ouces of meat for supper with potato and vegetable. I always have a snack at about 8pm, ice cream, frozen or regular yogurt and sometimes greasy lays chips (just one serving). We eat supper at 5pm at our house my husband works nights. It has worked really well for me. I am 3 pounds from my goal weight. At this point I think I am going to try and lose another 5-10 pounds. I think the hardest thing for me was eating something in the morning. Good luck!!
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I can only ever eat a small breakfast and like you end up having a large meal late and binging because I'm so hungry then. Having a snack at maybe 4.30 really helped me keep going - some dried fruit, a breakfast bar or something, nothing too much.
  • stitchincrazy
    stitchincrazy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've never been much of a breakfast eater (even as a child). I have started eating yogurt and fruit with granola. I try to change it up with a bagel or something but I make sure I've eaten it by a certain time...ie before I leave the house or get to the bus stop. Everyone says it's the most important meal of the day. I also make sure I have something to snack on throughout the day because when I eat breakfast, I seem to be hungry all day.