all this info now what?

Options
lilvonne80
lilvonne80 Posts: 24 Member
I bought a bodymedia 2 weeks ago and have an average burn of 2151 calories per day. My Mfp is set to eat 1942 calories per day I'm averaging 1710. What do I do now? I'm doing Nrolfw I start stage 2 on Monday.

Replies

• lilvonne80
    Options
    I'm guessing I should take my tdee -15% and input that as my daily calorie goal?
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing I should take my tdee -15% and input that as my daily calorie goal?

Yep, exactly! Now that you have your average TDEE, just minus your deficit and enter that into your daily calorie goal into MFP (custom settings make it simple).

Also, I'd recommend when entering your calorie burn, don't enter the specific number of calories you burned as that will screw up your macros. What I do is put the number of calories burned in the description so I can still keep track but I enter the number of calories burned as "1".

I've had my BMF for over a year and I love it!!!!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Just be aware it is underestimating for the lifting, it has no idea what that movement is if it even sense it.

Might look at your daily results after sync, and look at the time of a weight lifting workout. How many cal/min compared to other activity?
  • lilvonne80
    Options
    Heybales Where should I add that burn in to MFP or into bodymedia?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Heybales Where should I add that burn in to MFP or into bodymedia?

Well, you have to add it to MFP. Unless you take the band off, you can't update BMF site with better info for a time period.
    Rather annoying.
    FitBit at least lets you update, and then it replaces that time.

Anyway, by adding it to MFP, when the sync comes across, the BMF TDEE will be compared to your maintenance on MFP plus that exercise burn, if it's still more, you get even more credit to eat more to keep your deficit.
    If it's less, nothing happens.