Macro Ratios for Hashimoto's/Underactive Thyroid

Options
Dlacenere
Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
For those of you with this issue, what are your macros set for? I have read that low carb is not good and neither is low fat. I have tried many different percentages and don't feel I have hit the right one. If any of you have experimented around, please tell me what you have ended up with that has worked best for you.

Replies

• emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 40% carb 30% protein 30% fat.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have mine currently set as 40p/30c/30f. However, I lost my last 10 at 35c/35p/30f. My problem is still trying to figure out my cals,but waiting to see how Armour affects me at my current cal level.
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My ratio is 20c/30p/50f - in addition to Hashi's, I'm also diabetic so it's important to keep my carbs low. It seems to be working as I don't have the usual hypthyroid complaints.
  • sraffel
    sraffel Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 40% carb 30% protein 30% fat.

Ditto. I was at the MFP recommended percentages, then changed them because I didn't feel I was getting enough protein. I feel much more energetic.
  • moejo3
    moejo3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have the standard MFP percentages (not sure how I can change them???). I don't do low carb but, I try to do gluten free instead. I do still eat bread on occassion but, really try to be careful. I think carbs from veggies are fine, such as the sweet potatoes. I also try to use mostly coconut oil for cooking. Anyway, I always eat as much lean protein as my body is craving. I do try and watch the sugar and salt intake more as that is my biggest problem area.

After going on Armour last year and going GF I have felt better now than I have in years. I have plenty of energy, sleep great, bloating and brain fog gone.

Armour was the first step in this direction after being miserable for several years.
  • ArtsyGeekette
    ArtsyGeekette Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am doing Keto again and sticking to it. I have my macros set at 60% Fat, 30% Protein and 10% Carbohydrates. Some days I go a bit higher or lower depending on my activities and so far, I haven't regained any weight in 3 weeks of Keto. I feel good, I have energy and mental clarity. When I do get hungry, I eat sensibly and I feel better afterwards instead of wanting to sleep or feeling nauseous. You do need to count calories on keto but not as much as carbs for your meal if you are really struggling with weight loss.

Keto/Low Carb might work for those who have trouble losing weight due to factors such as Insulin Resistance or Metabolic Syndrome.

As always, keep your Endo up to date on dietary, medicine and/or lifestyle changes.