What brand MONITOR do you use? Love it or hate it?

Options
xxjoellexx
xxjoellexx Posts: 78 Member
I have the Breeze 2, and it SUCKS! Sometimes I will take it , and it says some high wacked out number like this morning, said 230, took it again, 99!!!!!!!! It does this a LOT! I do not reccommend it. I knew it wasnt 230, but every time I get a super high #, i waste strips, because I have to retake it!! I need a good reliable one. Suggestions?

Replies

• JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have a Freestyle Lite and think it's pretty accurate. I take it with me when I have bloodwork and it's been +/- 10, so well within the accuracy standards.
  • xxjoellexx
    xxjoellexx Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I may have to switch. I dont like 100 point differences! LOL
  • pmcbrady
    pmcbrady Posts: 31
    Options
    One touch ultra mini- I've been very pleased with it, plus it's purple :smile:
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I have a Breeze 2 as well, its usually spot on. Only time I saw a problem was when the battery needed changing
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Being self-insured, the Relion Prime is the best fit for me right now, and extremely economical, with the capability of paring it with my pc in downloading my test results.

I've done a comparison, between the One touch Ultra and the Prime, and found the BG values to be remarkably the same. Ymmv.
  • alsoagood1
    alsoagood1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use an Advcocate Talking monitor from American Diabetes Wholesale online. I have never had any problems with it - have taken it to my Endocrinologist and she likes it also -- and it is nice to get discounts on multiple boxes of strips.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Aviva Accu-Chek which seems fine. But my insurance company is now limiting me to one test strip a day so I picked up a Relion Prime as a back up for extra testing and they tested within 2 points of each other.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I really like my One Touch Verio IQ. I test up to 7 times a day. (I would hate to be limited to how often I would test!) My insurance covers as many as I need. (I wonder if this is a Canada thing....)
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I've used the AccuCheck for about 3 years and the results fit my A1C, so no complaints.
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have the One Touch Ultra 2. It is what my insurance sent out to me and I neither love nor hate it. It gets the job done. I don't have any weird readings and I've heard there is a level of error on all meters. It came in a little zipper pouch that I like.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    jsiricos Thanks for that. I will look at getting it replaced. As its problems only seem to occur at extremely high blood glucose readings, I would probably never have had difficulties with it, but I am up with a free replacement. Its a been a great meter for me.
  • CincyDave
    CincyDave Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use the Bayer USB. I love it!
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    For a few years I used the One Touch mini ultra... Really like this one (one the doctor gave me), but my insurance this year changed, and the new ins. company would not cover the strips. So I was forced to get the Reli-on Prime (walmart-no prescription) and the strips. The strips are 50 for $9.00. The meter does ok. I just hate the case to it. The meter is a bit bulky and when I unzip the case, I always lose my strip case and plunger on the table or floor. Grrr. but it seems to be accurate. I used it against the One touch and there were close. I have a few strips left for the Ultra One Touch, and use those if I question the reli-on prime. But it is usually the same.
  • 911tiff
    911tiff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use the Contour Next USB as my main one and have the Relion Prime also. I love love love the contour! Its small but not too small, plugs into my lap top and shows me everything I can even add notes on testing. The company does offer a card if you have insurance that will make it so you only have to pay 15 dollar for strips ( they are pretty pricey out of pocket) so my rx of 100 strips cost me 15 and not the almost 100 it would have been out of pocket. I keep the relion just incase I run out of strips for the contour because they are cheaper and since I do test so much.
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I have had about 7 different monitors in the 7 years since being diagnosed. Usually, because my insurance would change and I had to switch monitors. I am now using a Accu-Check Aviva and have no issues. When I had the breeze, I didn't have any problems.

Regarding the case they provide, I always hated the look of the case and I can't fit my Novolog insulin into the case, so for a few years now, I have used a small make-up case to put my test items into. It is nice, because the make-up case is longer (to accomodate the brushes) and are in cute colors (so it isn't obvious what the case is). Just a suggestion!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I'm late to the party =)

I have a Freestyle InsuLinx. My mom's a nurse & it's the one she gave me. No one told me anything about testing & I always thought that was for T1 folks, till I started to google how to control BG's.

I like that it has a usb that allows me to be able to hook up to my computer to print out reports. My insurance covers 100 test strips per 30 day period but I'm well over that limit as I try to get a handle on my patterns.

Strips for this meter are expensive so I bought a ReliOn. I was hoping they would be similar as far as readings but there's a 12 to 17 mg/dl difference between the 2.

This is only my first few weeks into management, the 14th of May will make my first 30 days being a member of the club no one wants to join.

FR gladly accepted 0__o